What to spend rainbow medals on?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by bookwyrm, Oct 18, 2018.

1. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi all,

Right now I have seven rainbow coins and have already purchased an Alastair, and I'm wondering what the best use for my coins would be. Honoka's equip evo could be useful for several of my combo teams, because I suck at maximizing combos sometimes and the more time I have to make those combos the better. Plus her active can be useful in the right situations and can provide an okay buffer against skill delay when unskilled.

However, Odysseus was released recently in Japan and looks pretty cool, both as a lead and as an equip evo with utility awakenings that could go well on my Yusuke team. I definitely want at least one, but by the time he gets here I should hopefully have gotten an eighth medal and could get two of him, one to keep unevolved and one to use for the equip.

I probably won't buy anything until the inevitable Halloween Collab renewal gets announced in case there's something good there. But assuming there isn't, what would be my best use of eight rainbow medals? Should I get one Honoka and one Odysseus, or two Odysseus? Maybe I could buy Honoka and get enough medals by the time Odysseus arrives to still buy two of him, but it's far from certain that I'll be able to. Or would neither option be a good purchase, and I should save my medals for something else? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Get Shindou Honoka while she is available. You'll have more Rainbow medals by the time Odysseus made an appearance.

Orange Crush likes this.
  3. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    @bookwyrm I bought Honoka Shindou. Her active is never bad on any team and an extra full second of move time will always be useful.

I’ve kind of reached a point in the game where have a rich set of tools for any given dungeon is more important than chasing optimal subs. That’s made things like Rathian & Nargacuga equips for Poison & Blind resists, Raphaels, Indra w/Cloud Resist, Amen & Fenrir Viz as bodies for Assists maybe even Dual Kuroyuris etc are best bang for my buck long term investments.

Basically, even as the meta moves forward they will maintain their usefulness, and the greater variety of monsters/equips like that, the more likely you’ll be able to pull together a makeshift team for any given challenge.

4. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The only sad thing about Honoka Shindou is that her equip form is NOT AS CUTE as her base form!!! Bummer...

5. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

User ID:
    335 669 204
    Honestly I’m going to just hoard them, though I imagine by the time they eventually release something groundbreaking or unquestionably worth the medals on they will be handing out medals like crazy anyways. Might not be the best strategy but nothing now or shown to be coming seems to be a anything too good to pass up (based more on my teams and opinion so it’s obviously not universal). I have 11 saved on my main, and 7 on my alt (bought an Alastair cause I have vraska on my main). Was thinking about gettin Alastair for my main since its only 4 medals but it won’t take team I use to the next level so I eagerly await in hopes of a truly great card that may never come.

6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm also hoarding medals since I don't have Vraska on either account, but it's still tempting to buy Alistair.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one considering buying Odysseus to run as a sub on LEscha teams.

7. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think you're the only one who rolled LEscha and run her as lead :D

8. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    @Tek7 I tried a lot of times, but I could never really build a good team. Never enough fingers or RCV. Even trying with a Amaterasu for full heal every 10 turns & a couple haste’s. The lack of reliable friend leads and struggling at the utility level of Binds and SBRs killed it for me. Though now with the Ult and far more Gods at my disposal it’s probably a lot better even if casually overshadowed by a TONNE of better developed teams I already have. Kind of like what buried the last L.Meta Ult.

When I’m having a solid skill level day she occupies a slot on my Yusuke team though, really ratchets up the damage.

9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That seems to be the case. The good news is that I rolled her on my alt as well and have her up in a Best Friend slot. What's that, GungHo? You're letting us pick dupes as leads in 16.0? WAY AHEAD OF YOU

RIP LMeta. Again.

LEscha is tricky when it comes to team building. She's great for short dungeons where you need serious damage output and can burn the actives to get the orbs you need.

It's difficult to come back from 99% gravities, but I've found that Revo Lakshmi's active can actually heal a considerable amount AND she brings a FUA and an active that gives you the hearts you need to make a column on a 6x5 board. Only her sub-attribute it light, though, so that can be a problem.

OdinDra is in a similar position: Fantastic utility, light sub-attribute, but off-color main attribute.

Bringing unbindable subs and the unbindable SA on LEscha herself is a big help.

And hey, Super Myr with L-match SA hits like a truck with a light L-match + 6 more combos, so there's that.

[​IMG]

Back to the original topic, I'm still considering Alistair before the deadline (10/31 1:59 a.m. Central), but her typing (no dragon typing for Gronia, no devil or healer typing for Asty, no attacker typing for Raijin) makes it a difficult sell. If I want to run G/D or D/G subs, I can run Gronia or Kami teams. If I need a resolve killer, I can run L/B Raijin x L/B LVajra.

Four medals is a high cost for something that I don't see much application for right now. :/

And Honoka doesn't have god or machine typing for LEscha, but I guess she could be a solid B/L or B/x Amemina sub?

/shrug

10. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Honoka can still make a decent equip.

11. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Get both. You'll have plenty of Medals for whatever comes next time but once Alistair and Shindou Honoka leaves, there's no telling when they will be back or if they even be back. New cards is always nice even if they have no use at this moment. Especially if they're a limited edition.

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I ended up buying Alastair. Time will tell if I come to regret the purchase or not. :|

Her active dishes out about 750K damage on my standard Kaede farm team (Kaede / Dios / Dios / Dios / Tengu or Raguel).

13. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I ended up being very busy... and forgot about it :(
    Oh well.