What Version of Ney?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by protoaddict, Sep 15, 2017.

1. protoaddict

protoaddict Active Member

User ID:
    So Ney has 6 playable versions. I am trying to figure out which if any of them are not just worse or better versions of things that exist already so i know what to make.

Default versions - Unique in what it does but really restricted in what it does based on your pool
    Blue Ney - Feels like a variant of Julie, probably plays very similarly.
    Light Ney - A probably worse Yog?

So on and so forth. The real reason I want to know is if because I make one I would like to be sure I can actually find a partner to play with, which seems like it could be tough with so many variants.

2. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As a leader, RGB seems ideal since the Ronias all make welcome subs. Of them, blue seems best because it works with Ryune (who also gets a FUA awakening), while green and red have less/no Dragonbound synergy and/or FUA options. Blue also gets Karin (rows, sadly), Red doesn't get Leilan, and Green gets Meimei.

For me it's a tough call between Dark and Green.

Green to synchronize amazingly well with friend Diablos (as either lead or sub), although she's better off as a sub if you have a diablos of your own, and if we're talking about friend Diablos, there's always leader Anubis+Diablos or Kushi+Diablos which is a superior pairing.

Red's most comparable leader is Baldin with HP/RCV boosting and 6x attack, else something like Trailkoyla + Diablos.

Blue's most comparable leader is Blunter (if co-op, else you're looking at Julie/Meri + HP boosting combo which is a different playstyle and skewed stats).

Light is eclipsed by Yog, imo, and Dark is strangely blunted to a 6x lead (if not a typo).

The norns don't support Ney with their base actives, but do offer otherwise welcome awakenings (OE, FUA).

~

But she's an amazing sub with double TPA and double 7c, and a bind clearing active. Light is amazing when you already have Yog, Green is amazing for green/dark Diablos pairings, blue is yet another Ryune, etcetcetc. She admittedly a suboptimal sub for... all the leads in your sig though :p

Dark, notably, will be an amazing future fenrir sub.

3. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

Ney, although a very solid lead in her own right, is typically better off as a sub. She's a B/B+ lead but an SS+ sub.

I'm willing to bet that Ney will become an MVP in more teams than any other card in the (NA) history of the game. That's not much of a gamble though, considering her Swiss Army knife active(s), best-in-game damage awakenings and her chameleon coloring.

I'm particularly looking forward to her light form, but I'd like 9 of her total. What are the odds of getting 9 Neys in 9 pulls? Like 50/50, right? ;)
    I was also confused by the 6x on dark but 7x on everybody else thing.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    BurningMan likes this.
  4. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Blue is a decent dath pairing the rest are kinds meh as leaders.
    So really you need to look what team you want her on as a sub and choose the color accordingly. Dark is only really good for fenrir so if you don't wanna run him strike her out. The rest pretty much fit on any team were they are on colour and her board doesnt ruin activation( although even that could be fixed with inherits since her 2x7c are just godly)

5. protoaddict

protoaddict Active Member

User ID:
    Dark is the oddball in the group, since its the only one of her evos that does not require 2 colors but rather 2 matches of the same color, which to me seems harder and more limiting by far. Dark also has DAthena which is not 100% just superior, but close enough to it that why bother.

6. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    I like TE. Using her as a lead wouldnt be horrible. Two colors for 49x, but the numbers are deceiving because the leads basically have four fingers on them. So basically like Dath with a shield instead of the HP/RCV buff, but with a better active and 8 TE built in. I could see using the green one with Romias and Meimeis as subs abusing Romias 7c and dragon killer, or the blue one with Blujin, Ryune, Blonia, etc. 49x isnt a huge multi, but with 2xtpa and 2x7c, youre looking at a 441x multiplier on a single TPA and 7c on the leads alone, and plenty of time to pull it off every turn. Youre not going to try to damage control with any team she is on, lets be honest, she just hits too hard.

In addition, stalling would be pretty easy. Since most of her damage is predicated on 7c and tpas, one three match of each color should hit like a fly, allowing you to shield without doing much damage.

Knomraski likes this.
  7. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Im gonna be honest, on the major teams that I run, I cant see where she'd fit other than B Hunter. As a sub she's pretty amazing i dont think she's a lock to just join every team in your particular color.

8. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

I think it's really awkward how Cotton and now the new pantheon are a lot better than Ney already. that might be one of the quickest powercreeps yet. but I agree that she is much better as a sub, for example on a dragonbound team which imo are pretty decent.

Xayvin and xer 21 like this.
  9. Chartreux

Chartreux Member

First good luck in pulling this card...

10. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Heh, true. The upcoming godfest has no featured pantheons but GFEs at 7x rate. It's a good window for Ney, outside of the fact that 7x of poop is still poop, and I blew most of my stones chasing Balthier :(

11. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I honestly don't really see the hype over her.

Xayvin likes this.
  12. lemontree

lemontree coop is my only weakness

User ID:
    I just really excited for blue ney. She has bind clear + board with hearts for dark athena. She is like a better inherit than ryune on haku.

As for dark ney, I think she is meant to be a sub for upcoming fenrir ult.

green ney is a must have sub for upcoming leader kamisubi

light ney is an excellent inherit for diao chan on anubis team. She ranks higher than apocalypse.

fire ney - fire myr

reg ney - inherits for rainbow teams with guard break. It comes with bonus hp and bind rcv

In any case, I don't see her as a good lead.

13. Xayvin

Xayvin Floofie Tail Fanboy!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Absolutely agree. I feel that the community is not as hyped for Ney as they were with other GFE releases. Sure, she is a nice luxury sub and a fairly good lead in her own right, but she is hardly a card I'd deem necessary to have. Plus GH announced Greco-Roman 3, and it has cards with x3 7c awakenings - this may have stole some of Ney's thunder, and one could conceivably argue that Cotton is the more desirable card of the two.

14. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    IMG_0382.JPG
    When you make the mistake of going with Ney as a lead and not a sub...

15. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Were I to get Ney, prob blue for Amatsu.

16. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

Clearly giving Ney an evo for every color was to encourage whaling for multiples of her. But damn, GH has made sure that you do not de-Evo her and re-Evo her into another color. I neglected to check her Evo material requirements prior to rolling her. She is a nightmare to Evo, on the same level as MP dragons.

17. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Still don't know where we're supposed to get so many spirit jewels. But I guess that's what MP is for

18. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Well I got Ney in 8.

Am going to go Blue for Amatsu, maybe dabble in leading with her, sucks that Skuld won't fit her team.