What's my best A3 team?

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Marlboro, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Marlboro

Marlboro Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    I still have yet to clear A3, but after coming super super close to crowning on the last Rikku tournament by finally using some of my killers from quest rewards/machines, I finally get why they're such a big deal...

so yeah my next objective is a (solo) A3 farm team.

just gave a super quick once over on the sets page on my padherder, so should give a decent idea of the pieces i have to work with but it's entirely likely that i overlooked some things.... i didn't see dragon callers on there for instance. (i do not have ideal) and i didn't add dupes

anyway first some background

- have consistent a1 farm team with shivadrag, and got lucky with it for my first and only a2 clear, so some idea of spawns.
    - suck suck suck at combos even after 5 years, and have not yet joined the 7c train. i run mostly yog, which is not ideal for arena from the sounds of it. not sure what non 7c options there are tho, so maybe an easy 7c is best
    - just landed a lugh, and have 1 fujin, as well as reech for absorb options
    - sitting on about 4k plusses so i should be able to pull whatever SA's i need

so yeah here are some possible teams that i have skeletoned out but have yet to really run

ROOTS: i just pulled roots, seems like that might not be too bad? bought koryu loop, and have 2x tardis, not really sure on team comp aside from the kuros (from what i've read one koru would go on tardis?)

CEIL: doesn't feel like i have great options, even though my aama team was super rad. currently the team is ceil, 3x apollo, light cotton. have venus, 5x dq, rapheal... the time extend leader skill is sort of a game changer

DMETA: have 2x dmeta, no planar although i do have 5x aaluci... uranus. 2x iganagi. would you run izanagi if you had an extra dmeta? really confused about why he's on every team, much better to have another bicolor with suicide no?

BLONIA: yet another 7c lead.... i have 3x blonia, bney.... and million water cards. i guess could change cotton to water. no ryune. multiple blonias means i would always have a firend up if i didn't sub one of her

DATHENA: was apparently one of the best A3 farmers? i don't have her but i have 6x awoken haku and a couple lokis among many other black cards

something else in my box? tardis? scheat? as i say i'd love to go something light on combos if there's any chance of that happening. i saw the cotton/ney video with the DBDC killer cards, i have shazel/kiri/tardis, but no #6

anyway i'd love to find out if i have some killer team i don't know about, god knows i have a ton of freakin cards laying around.

thanks in advance!

2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    CIEL (FUjin)/L. Cotton with VDP SA, 2 or 3 Dragon Killer latents (Fujin)/Moogle with poison resist assist for 100% poison resist/flex with board changer/flex with a board changer assist.
    Need to have at least two Fujin for consistent run. 4 combo will kill most floor and for Radar Dragons, just make VDP and 7 combo. Bicolor board (DMeta, Yusuke, Avalon Drake etc) for easier VDP and 7+ combo activation. Don't need enhance for the last two floor if you can make 7+ combo. The damage from CIEL and Cotton is enough.

Marlboro likes this.
  3. Marlboro

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    i actually have exactly 3 dragon killers left and rolled vdp on second shot so cotton is good..... i guess i'd put lugh on her and fujin on ceil?

have 1 moogle, but that's only 40%... no rathian karn or bradley.... i have 2x hakuryu cards which each have one, although i think trojan horse with the extra blind resist and finger is better than the balance killer. i don't have any of those, although i have 9 rainbow medals so i could potentially get 2 right away. had no idea posion resist is so huge....

so i guess i'm looking at ceil(fujin)/cotton(lugh)/moogle(trojan)/dmeta(hakuryu)/dmeta(hakuryu)/ceil

looking at my friends list, most of the ceils don't have assist, of the 4 with assists that are online atm we have 1 hakuryu, 1 trojan, 1 saria and a fuma. so i guess the potential is there to add a board change (or ra?) to moogle instead if i can find more firends with trojan/hakuryu (or convince @Ele to put one on.

EDIT oh wait duh.... dmeta is not a healer, i guess i could do 2 lkalis

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  4. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have 2 Ciel - still debating what to add as assists. I've got 6? Rainbow medals offhand. Have Moogle, Rathian and a host of others to equip. Let me know @Marlboro

5. Marlboro

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    update:

tried out the ceil team with

Ceil (Fujin) // LRKali (Hakuryu) / LRKali (Hakuryu) / Moogle (R.Ra) / LCotton (Lugh, 3 Dragon Killers, VDP) // Ceil (Odyesseus or Hakuryu) All 297/max Skill/max level except the hakuryus

... 2 fails so far but getting a handle on damage and stuff, and the levels i saw died easily enough to 4C. healing is tough. died on 9 by failing to get through 5 combo shield with diza's time debuff. 2nd run died on predras because hakuryu actives were up and had no heal or lights. looked deeper into Odysseus and clued in to the fact that it's actually a full tri-board change.... so i can ditch the Kalis I guess and replace with better awakens. Karin Shindou looks best for awakenings, but i don't think i need a third heartbreaker active... praline with god/devil killers looks alright with that healing boost and heart/light maker... bindable, but at least cotton has the soft bind clear along with the valk actives. could do two Prae both with Od over them... sakuyas unbindable and gets the 7cs but she got so shafted on her active from day 1 compared to her sisters. really the apollos would have been the best because light skyfall and rcv+, but more heartbreaking.... hmm. so i think i maybe want:

Ceil (Fujin) // Praeline (Odysseus) /Praeline (Odysseus) / Moogle (Saria) / LCotton (Lugh, 3 Dragon Killers, VDP) // Ceil (Odyesseus) or maybe 1 apollo in place of praeline.

update 2 before i posted this:

just got my first clear!

did 2x apollo in place of praeline/kali. i still used hakuryus because i didn't want to commit to my measly 9 to the od's just yet and miss my shot at a pair of hokuros. od will be an upgrade, but gives me something to work towards

pulled hep dragon.... only managed a 6 combo with the fua but it still murderded him which was rad

6. Marlboro

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    if you could put odessyus on there that would be awesome! his equip assist gives posion blind jammer reduce and an extra finger, love watching that effect when the blind gets cleared! and he's a tri-color board change! the hakuryu active is so useless, and i totally got screwed out of my valk active on that last run haha

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah if you do use Hakuryu card on something other than AA, you don't want its active. Ubrn the base before Hakuryu card came up. Mainly people use Hakuryu card to kill Hashihime in AA. Trojan Horse is far better than Hakuryu. The more you run the dungeon the more you're getting familiar with the spawns and what they do so you'll only get better with each run. Keep it up!

8. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Odysseus in which form? Sent you an in game mail.

9. Marlboro

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    gotta be the horse for the equip assist, i sent in game mail and changed team to slot 2 (my valk has fujin on it)

10. Marlboro

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    ok well i've had quite a bit of success running:

Ciel(Fujin Assist)//Apollo(VDP, 3 Dragon Killers, Ody equip)/Apollo(VDP, Ody Equip)/Moogle(Yog assist)/Cotton(VDP, 3 Dragon Killers, Lugh Equip//Ceil(Ody Equip)

100% posion jammer blind, bi-color for VDP, 3 card with VDP to ensure a kill without 7C hassle. light skyfall from the apollos, emergency hearts with moogle or cotton if there's still time to stall skills back up.

most of my fails have been user error, but it'd be really nice if i could make room for an attribute absorb remove after i just got my ass handed to me by Zaerog who did two light shields in a row. the predras also cause no end of problems, even with a 7c if it only has one light combo in it. I suppose I could swap out fujin or lugh for reeche, since vishnu would have happened on the floor before Zareog if it was going to, but that extra 11 or 12 turns seems like more trouble than it's worth. Nice to squeeze ra in there somehow, but I think I can combat that by just making sure i get 2 light combos in there with the apollo active.

anyway just a thread to say thanks @sgt502 and @Ele !

sgt502 likes this.
  11. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have any attribute absorbs void, put one in. Not only Zaerog have attribute absorbs but NoahDragon also has it. I guess you could ditch Yog for attribute absorbs void. It's better if it ties with a board change such as the Greco Roman 3 God series (base Hestia/Tethys/Cronus/Astraea/Uranus) but if you don't have one then I guess you could use Trojan Horse board instead.

Marlboro likes this.
  12. Marlboro

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    oddly noah dragon hasn't been a problem even with 4-5 light absorbs is a row i'm murdered her a few times now. it's just trying to get back from that 99% gravity from zaerog that was the problem... i do have all the G3 except tethys. that said, between apollo/ody i do have lots of options to pull together 9 orbs for vdp, and apollo/valk to fix astrea board should do it just as well. and yeah it would be nice to not have to remove yog assist everytime i want to run him! good call, i think i will do that!

sgt502 likes this.