What's my best team?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by taen, Jun 19, 2018.

1. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    So, after returning and building a fair Blonia Clea team (revo karin/revo andro/blonia/orochi 5tpa/filler) I'm getting a bit bored of water, lol.

This past godfest landed me quite a few of my missing GFE's and I can now approach other teams confidently.

Some of you have mad team skills and can simply glance at cards and see the best teams, that is not a skill I possess and I'm hoping one of y'all can take a look at my padherder and let me know which team(s) I may be able to complement my Clea team with.

Crosses are hard for me, though I am up to learning any new match skills if the rewards justify it.

I need a no awoken skills crush team, and a monster multiplier team.

Fio? (with ragdra, cotton, and ney I suppose this is now in reach?) Raijin?

I'll have to invest in any teams to build them, but I appreciate any thoughts or feedback. I spent a few hours to finally clean up my padherder in my link below, not just adding all new, but deleting trash mobs or common descend bosses.

Thanks in advance!!!

-T

2. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    You have a wide variety of no awakenings options.

You can just roll with something like RevoMinerva dual or split 6x7 for 75 or 50 resist for robustness, as the half damage from three colors passive is unaffected by awakenings strip, and pairing with something like a 6x7 friend Ilmina is reasonably effective at eventually getting up a bicolor kill board, (especially if you run some cd7-8 tricolor with haste,) the passive resist is decent for tanking midfloor hit and stall, and Minerva actually gets up in cd5 as a fire maker.

Alternately, you can just accept a short move clock from the strip, and roll with a pretty high damage for easy activation lead like ADQXQ or RevoIsis, which are pretty flex or matching whatever natural board readily in relatively few combos.

You can even get cute with star awakening gods thoth and Sophdet, with 7cc subs like Cronus, and friend Diablos, as the multipler is lowish but +5sec means matching 7 combos on a 6x7 board is breezy.

There are only a couple no awake descends, with pretty soft floor hp.

I'm not sure what a "monster multipler" is.
    If you just mean generally decent damage, putting a triple 7cc sub like Cronus into a Diablos/whatever team is going to up the damage considerably. This is also reasonably true of various double 7cc sub candidates. Aside: dark Kali should probably deevolve and switch to newer form with double 7cc.

Running Kaede team, if you don't mind trying for heart cross when you want to shield,
    or (revolved) DKali, are going to be decently strong, with deep box sub support.
    Both those are decent damage for pretty breezy activation.

If you mean, a lot better multipler than x100-250 range stuff, cute as it is, RevoMinerva with friend Amen is x600, though you probably want a sub for FUA and some tri and quad color board changers for activation consistency against floors you don't passive resist, like Gadius for also making FUA hearts. I'm a long playing jaded cat and like the non-mainstream playstyle, your milage may vary. If it's just a stray descend wanting damage, it's got a certain novelty fun to it.

Not yet released in NA, RevoRaphael is going to be an x32 lead, just for clearing most of the board, so if box is accurate about owning more than one, I think he is going to be silly good as a dual lead 5x6 that actual puts in a solid x1024 multipler with modest team hp but two built in immunity actives and no problem running a strong shield like Indra in a sub slot, so should actually be fairly robust. Again, I'm a jaded cat, so always looking forward to new/novel things.

taen likes this.
  3. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    Those are interesting - I missed the Dkali evo addition, will investigate given those are collecting dust now.

The box is accurate, spent 3+ hours culling out crap that didn't need to be on Herder and some dupes that had been added in their evo form, but their original hadn't been removed. The 'monster multiplier' was exactly as you deduced - but, I don't even have a team yet built with the 100-200 range, so don't need to shoot for the moon w/ x600. Raph sounds novel, though may not be terribly practical. I must say the tankiness of Clea is very nice.

I believe I have an awful lot of Minerva complements from her initial release (when I was still playing heavily before the long break) so ought to be able to throw something compelling together there.

I've been surfing padherder teams assembled by much higher ranked folks, seems I've a lot of team options to consider. Just need to land on 2-3 to focus on and max out.

Appreciate the comments.

Welcome any others feedback as well!

-T

4. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Minerva is me as a jaded cat playing difficult to pilot things, into descends blind, leveraging the passive to up team durability. If you aren't getting cute with it x600 or no awakening, run other quicker/better/consistent things.

Fio team (robust hp, solid box depth, straight Cleo upgrade),
    Kaede team (robust shield, good damage, box depth),
    Kami team (lazy x300 damage, in exchange for being hp conditional)
    Morrigu team (breezy x256, flexible comps, breezy split lead options),
    and Anubis-Diablos team (meta staple)
    seem like things you should build. They're all robust and reasonably meta, and all of them clear virtually anything. I'm at work atm, I'll look at specific composition later.

Aife and Cronus are crying out for development as triple 7cc cards. Ditto for evolving Dagda and revamped DKali and Morrigu(!) and getting an Indra to Revo form. Box has an enormous amount of good stuff and just needs a touch of pulling together.

Random comment: OdinDra seems a useful MP target, depending on where your MP interests/level lies. You have a lot of Ama for inherits though, so not pressing per se, but a full clear of both bind types is relevant in some of the latest/hardest dungeons. Cards like Aife handle smaller awoken binds casually, but full is full.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    taen likes this.
  5. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    Cool, appreciate the eyes on! I'm still ramping back up, the new meta and mechanics have turned what was a compelling and interesting challenge into an amazingly diverse and complex landscape to navigate, lol. Anubis/Diablo is an easy one to build to and plenty of references, Morrigu I haven't seen much discussion on at all though.

OdinDra is one I've been eyeing based on the general consensus that it's one of the few useful dragons / MP investments left, and ironically one of the only ones I don't have (damn it, lol.) I think I'm around 600k MP atm, so within reach certainly.

I don't have unlimited time to play and level a bajillion teams though so I do value your feedback as it'll help me focus on 2/3/4 key teams in the near term.

Best,
    -T

6. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Odin Dragon goes on 90% of my teams. Useful would be a yooj understatement lol. He's irreplaceable on teams that can't tank their way through awakening binds. You can't go wrong if you buy one.

7. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Presumably aim at making a wood cotton, as you have two, and it can go on Fio, kaede, and anublos. And as several of the other colors sport FUA competition, like water having (hard but) farmable Amatsu already.

Likewise, quartz Ney, as wood/dark/heart is useful on Fio, kaede, Anublos.

I'd probably just get OdinDra. You have enough time to go from 600 to 300 and be back around 750 by the time the next set of 750 cards comes out, and you don't strike me as hardcore difficulty mode enough to be currently buying Amen for 750.

Fio / RagDra^Zuoh / woodCotton^your.preference / quartzNey / OdinDra^Ama / Fio
    A well rounded mix of robust hp, 7cc/killer damage, FUA, and utility.
    Inherit Zuoh somewhere, probably RagDra. Unskilled Ama inherit is just a similar ability that +cd20 protects vs skill delay preemptives. Base Fio active is pretty strong, and base Ney make Hearts for FUA. RagDra is perfectly fine in his no final form, final form has annoying evo mats and is just icing.

Kaede / AwokenCronus / woodCotton / quartzNey / Dagda / Kaede
    Where imho Dagda awoken unbind is good enough vs odindra, as dadga TPA and wood making active and is more on kaede theme. Inherits however you like. Awoken Cronus form for better awakenings, as the anti-color-absorb of vanilla starting form ability is super niche, and better found via something like a future Astrea pull. You could run more kaede as a sub if preferred, I like actives diversity, personally. Wide array of possible inherits to tweak to taste, though the base actives are all pretty decent.

Kami^Ama / DKali / whatever.flex. / quartzNey / OdinDra / Kami
    Lazy team, breezy x306 damage multipler. Hp conditional. Kami has FUA.
    Easy recycle of familiar subs. Wood and dark match are common enough the board doesn't color screw much, so imho, only needs a stray board change or two. Or can split with Diablos for an 17.5 x 8.5 = 148.75 on a colors always to hand 6x7 board. Ama inherit for an on demand full heal back to full damage is a decent idea.

Morrigu - run Kami instead. I didn't notice kami first box glance. Though morrigu is fine as x256 places where kami being hp conditional is an issue. Morrigu is a little dark orb hungry. Shrug. You have a lot of good teams, I'm angling to ones that easily reuse a similar pool of subs to keep your sub evolution todo list reasonable. Morrigu tends to want relatively brisk dark orb maker subs, even things like cd5 dark Valk now that she has guard break and a 7cc.

Diablos / Aife / DKali (2 7cc form) / woodCotton^whatever / Jize / Anubis^random
    Cd2 Jize isn't cd1 Tardis, for the x30 Anubis side of the multipler from using a skill, but is good enough to alternate with 1) popping a random Aife/Anubis active, 2) just regular attacking with enough 10m lesser mode damage, 3) or taking a hit, 4) opponents being cd2 or posturing, that it's fine. You could farm a cd1 superGunma from coins, but imho Jize is good enough. Anublos with some 7cc subs salted in deals very solid damage. I'm a fan of working in a triple 7cc hitter, and Aife has awoken unbind active for stray needs. Composition is happenstance, but good enough anywhere that isn't alt arena or a C10.

Stray remark:
    The single biggest thing your box lacks is an anti-void card the vein of Fujin, Leona, etc. Though a light card with it is in trading post right now, if you feel like trading 4 'spare' six star cards away. Or upcoming beach REM has beach Fujin as a trade / rare whale pull. Or the likely coming to NA in a couple months 6-stone super REM has regular Fujin in it's lineup as a reasonable odds pull.

You can occassionally find anti-void inherit on friend lead though, depending what is common for various leads. Though only a couple arena3/4 and C10 places really ask/need anti-void per se.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    taen likes this.
  8. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    Wow, had to read thru thr notes twice, lots to consume. Thanks for the sub synergy approach between teams, this will keep me tamadra hunting busy a while, lol.

Also, Fujin is in there :). Would you suggest her as an inherit some place?

Odindra spunds like a winner all around, will grab later today. Fortunately Ragdra is final evo, and yes, it was annoying! Those with 2 I can only admire for stubborness.

Will get started on these, probably Kaede or Kami first as Clea is fine for the moment and I believe the other 2 would benefit me more.

Hugely appreciate the help!

-T

9. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    I stand corrected, apparently I had missed adding Fujin (though I could have sworn I did, literally hours spent trying to get my herder up to date.)

Also, Takaminusubi wasn't on my herder.

OdinDra acquired now. Which Evo do folks generally aim for?

Also, I can make a lot of the pixel monsters if that is useful? Looks like the FF collab evolves into 7* versions (Tidus, Squall, Zidane, Shantotto, etc.) Having a 3x3 VDP pixel could be useful for certain dungeons I'd think as an awoken?

-T

10. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    3264 Original God Odin Dragon, Light Lance Form
    i.e. the version with actual awakenings, 7cc, SBR, etc.
    The evo mats are candidly annoying, though perhaps the feature converting things generally over to stone mats will arrive to NA relatively soon.

Fujin is more a "what relevant descend are you running" inherit, than a mandatory, though it's fine to just stick it inherited somewhere on whatever team you run the most frequently. If you are running the latest difficult content, or arena3 and a randomly appearing heraDra floor at the end will straight up body you with an autoloss disaster, then sure, lob a Fujin inherit in wherever.

I have Leona and Hiko myself, but as often as not I'm not running them default, as I'm a bit jaded and wander around a lot of teams/compositions, and just inherit or flex them in when I know I'll run something relevant, or when I do something new lazy blind, get bodied, and retry back in with a tweak.

Pixels tend to only be useful a couple places, as subs flexed in for those runs. Notoriously, 3p cosmic Trinity dungeon, where usually it's Yogg players bringing Cloud very semi-whale specifically.

I made a bunch, but rarely use them. (Granted, Yusuke is also making everybody super lazy as casually having it, but even the year before that.) They're only good against void damage, not absorb, which means you are also usually able to just fair fight chip down whatever has a void with whatever subs/attacks are going under, else can usually just lazy use an immunity Ganesha/Raphael sub/inherit if too lazy to VDP and your concerned about chipping into a rage hit. Usually though, something like Fio team naturally has sufficiently high team hp that grinding a few turns of fair fight is easy.

Setting cosmic Trinity aside, it's probably also sufficiently clever to just pair your Diablos with a friend Yusuke. Diablos isn't light for stats boost, but brings a passive shield, so, still decent.
    Diablos / various light.or.sublight cards that optionally include a +combo ability / Yusuke
    And use the bicolor on a 6x7 to build a VDP box, with the +combo to breezy get your count up for the full multipler, though 6x7 board can also natural combo or make more than one box at once even.

Or, sure, make a VDP or two and flex somebody into a regular team.

Awareness remark though that a few actually good(ish) cards can pick up a VDP as a random 1 in 3 chance super awakening for feeding another 297 of eggs in. Only active solo mode. But they tend to often make better picks that the explicit pixel cards, as far as the common (non cloud/lightening) pixels go. E.g. Persephone with a VDP may naturally fit quite well as a flex swap into an existing team.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    taen likes this.
  11. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    Oh yea, that super awakening... man, so much new stuff. Lol. Thanks for all the advice, tons to work on and do. Will not worry about pixels for now.

Would like to get to a fairly consistent A2/A3 clear as my rank is low enough I could practically lvl every run for a bit.

-T

12. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for all of the help Happy! I've been able to make them all and have been playing around with each of them. Strengths for some situations clearly :)

Need to figure out which enhances to apply to them now - leaders first and then subs as appropriate (clearly OdinDra deserves some, GrCotton too.)

Question on the 2nd cotton - Any reason I wouldn't consider making her Blue? Seems that she would be useful to have as a non-dupe? No rush or need for it though as FIO looks to have replacing my Clea sonia for principal farming (seriously, is there a simpler team to use for mechanic tricks free dungeons? Huge HP, heavy enough hitter, and easy as can be to burst when needed.)

-T

13. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Blue is a reasonable consideration, the issue is primarily like-role competition. Blue has the huge stats Amatsu (availability depending), the fairly serviceable double 7cc Skuld (since a majority of the time you inherit over your FUA), and the niche unless the four color board is specifically a deft fit Ryune. With a lot of depth, running water Cotton either enhances as a slight edge, or is a positioning choice vs running the higher hp stat Amatsu. Box depending, it can be a question of whether Cotton gets full play time vs the bench.

It can matter if you really like a particular team. If Cleo is just your girl, then tricking out her team with every edge you can give it may simply be the best play. But it's hard for an outsider to know how devoted one is to a team, or mix of teams, or playstyle.

Split lead Fio + Vraska is a thing now that MtG Collab dropped, where Vraska brings FUA and a board change in one package, and the hp/dmg is perfectly fine, so there isn't too much pressure on which way Cotton goes. Imho.

On the plus side, although a couple of the evo mats are mildly awkward, none are really bad per se, so you can always go one color with Cotton and then change your mind later.

14. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    Thats good perspective. I suppose I should have grabbed a vraska myself, though I have many in my friends list. I dont feel that compelled to trick out clea though as fio is very strong on its own merit.

I will hold off for now as I do have other efforts to focus energy on. Consistent arena clears for example.

Thanks again!
    -T