What's so good about Zela Kitty?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by CloudnineXXX, Jun 7, 2019.

1. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I get she is 4/144/4.

Barbara is 4/144/1. The healing can be made up with someone like the blue girl with a ton of heart awakenings.

Why is Kitty considered a lot better? I get that Kitty gets Zela to make up for the lowish multiplier, but Barbara gets a higher damage sub in Suou. In terms of damage Suou is roughly worth 2x Zela's....more so if you go into super awakenings and inherits.

2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Do you mean Barbara & Julie?

As someone who's run B&J teams, I can assure you that 4x RCV is HUGE. Mel is an amazing healer, but she needs 4 hearts and she doesn't offer much utility beyond heals. Plus she's bindable.

Suou is a DBDC chase card whereas Zela, while still a 7* GFE, is featured in nearly every super fest.

Zela is unbindable. Plus there are whales who plan to put Yoh equip assists on Zelas for additional damage and resists.

ZKitty's LS doesn't require specific color matches for full multiplier (whereas B&J requires red and blue).

Don't get me wrong. I still <3 B&J. Their killers make them a force to be reckoned with, B&J can use the Kuro loop, blue and red both have some amazing subs, and the built-in TE makes the game a more forgiving experience.

But ZKitty with 2 Zelas on the team is crazy strong.

ko300zx likes this.
  3. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Because you can use Zela as a sub.

BurningMan and Tek7 like this.
  4. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    is Zela better than Suou? 1 Suou does similar damage to 2x Zela.

In a simulator I ran 2 teams.

Kitty, Zela, Zela, G Odin Dragon, Fujin, Kitty - 150k hp, 20k rcv, 32m damage with 3 green and 7c

Suou, Suou, Amatsu, Baldin, Red/Blue unbind girl from fate night, B&J - 123k hp with 25% shield, 9k rcv with 25% shield, 52m damage with 3 blue and 7c.

Honestly, I prefer the Suou setup at least on paper because durability is similar but the damage is much better.

Is 32m damage enough? I haven't looked at any dungeon in ages but that seems low to me.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  5. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Zela Kitty has 3VDP + 7c (and you often equip SFUA/Yoh)
    You also put Yoh/SFUA on Zela if you can/want
    You will want to use Zela (optimally)

Her LS adds 1c for 9 orbs match
    Zela's skill has +2c
    Zela's skill can easily make VDP+SFUA+4c (which ends up being 7)

ZelaKitty will hit for 2.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 x 2 x 2 = 62.5x on top of LS which is ridiculous and Zela will not be too far off. And that's doing a VDP+FUA board and matching an easy 4c lol. That's all before killers ofc.

That on top of being a 4/x/4 lead makes for a very poweful lead. VDP+Fua is getting increasingly common so being able to do it easily is worth something.

CloudnineXXX likes this.
  6. ko300zx

User ID:
    Zela is miles above and beyond Suou. Damage is such a minor part of the equation. Suou is bindable, has no SBR...pretty much just offers 7cs. Zela has everything. 7c, FUA, VDP, unbindable, SBR, an active that pretty much guarantees you can make a VDP. On a Zela Kitty team, you can have a Zela board that only gives 6 hearts and 24 greens and still activate a 7c VDP. There's really no comparison between the teams.

7. axlpowa

User ID:
    To be fair to the discussion, people usually speak of triple VDP Suou, not 4x 7c Suou in these situation. Well, I hope, 7c Suou sucks as a sub lol.

8. ko300zx

User ID:
    "1 Suou does similar damage to 2x Zela" would almost guarantee he's talking about the 7c version. Using the VDP options, a single Zela has a 20x multi when making a VDP and 1 VDP Suou is 23.xx with the >80% super. Attack isn't all that different. They would be very similar.

Making normal combos, 4x 7c Suou with a >80% is 24x and Zela with just 3x 7c is only 8x but has a good bit more attack. This would make "1 Suou does similar damage to 2x Zela" true.

Sounds like the 7c version to me for sure. Unless he's taking into account leader skills and all that which I'm not interested in calculating Lol. :D Running the VDP option would be pointless for doing average damage calculations as well since you're rarely making them.

Edit: Just saw he did 7c and 3 of each primary color for those particular subs, Green and Blue. 99.99% the 7cs at this point lol.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  9. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    combo leads >>>>> colour match leads

10. axlpowa

User ID:
    Oh well, looks like he did and I was wrong :p . But I don't know, especially on BJ, VDP Suou is far more useful unless you have Saber. You don't really lack damage on normal floors, but when you VDP, you need to be sure to make it count unless you like to stall for actives forever. I mean you can with Kuro and all, but still.

In any and all cases, Zela Kitty is really not comparable to BJ even though I really loved playing BJ and still love the card.

ko300zx likes this.
  11. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Everyone has pretty much said it by now, but the answer is Zela. She’s just too good. Her active may as well be called “Press Button to Win Floor”. Especially with a Yoh inherit.

ko300zx likes this.
  12. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    Basically Kitty uses 3x3 to burst. I didn't realize that. Her non 3x3 damage is lacking but the zela active into 3x3 damage is great.

Also whales with multiple yoh's can have very synergistic equips/resists.

Feels a little like the old ra dragon days when you wanted/needed 2 dark kalis. This team feels like it really needs 2+ zelas.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    BurningMan likes this.
  13. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    With the upcoming buff Gronia should provide similar average damage (minus ofc the sfua inherit/SA), so not all is lost for people with a single zela.

14. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Gronia has 2 Ls as well which can come in handy if you don't have enough orbs for VDP. Also L unlock is just a useful awakening.

15. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    doesn't get +2 combo on active though. the team uses 3x3 for burst damage so the +2 is essential.

BurningMan likes this.
  16. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

You only need 5 combos since Zela Kitty's add 1 each. Zelas active is definitely better but Gronia isn't useless.

ko300zx likes this.
  17. ko300zx

User ID:
    Can inherit a +2 combo somewhere if absolutely necessary. A Yoh equip on a friend is +2 combos for 3 turns. Most floors don't need a 3x3 even in the hardest arenas. A couple of Zelas hits for 10ish million for a single 3 match 7c and can go well into the 20s, 30s with multiple green matches and more combos. If you add Gronia and make an L, Gronias damage is just insane.

I would easily add a Gronia to the team if I was short a Zela (oddly enough I have no Onias of any color but red).

Can't find a Kitty team with Gronia yet, still looking, but I did see this one the other day for an idea of how absurd the damage is.

Found this one. Not really related to Gronia, but a VERY basic team that nearly anyone can make. Practically farmable given that 2 are legitimate farmables (All the equips but Fujin are farmable too), Cotton was just in shop, and Runelis was a common gold. Just throwing out more ideas and examples of non-zela teams.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  18. axlpowa

User ID:
    Well, if you don't have Zela, can have 2 Rex and have a Viz, this is a great alternative (when mega Viz gets here):

I have 3 Zela, but I might try this setup later or for some dungeons where you may want your bursts up fast since I just rolled a Rex and I haven't spent my medal yet (and also have Sara).

The reason Gronia is not as good is not just because of the +2c, it's also because she does not make heart and cannot generate a VDP SFUA board. IIRC she cannot take good killers either, but for most content and most floors, her 3x7c and VDP SA should do fine and you will just have to combo more/be more lucky with your boards to kill the big bosses. That or take 2 turns, but it is not always an option.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  19. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    To start out, I am not the best combo guy. However, I created a Zkitty team and have been playing with the mechanics on Sheherezard. Today I beat the final floor, though I stoned twice. The key for me is that I have to have enough time extends so I can be assured to make the 6+ combos, normally 7+, again I am not worthy.

I have:
    Zela Kitty
    Zela
    Zela
    Odindra
    and another depending upon account.

The team hits like crazy, but you have to get 7 combos.

I suck, but have learned a lot about team composition from mixing and matching cards and assits to fit my play abilities. CLeared all three and am happy about what I learned along the way on team constructs developed towards MY play. ZKitty is an awesome team for me if i add time extends.