What's the verdict on the kuroyuri system for B&J

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Argly902, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    I'd have to nuke my 5y tama collection and get rid of a whole bunch of 5* GFEs to scrap up the MP (or sell my nepdra lmao). No g* up GFEs sold, but my box will lack some dupes for sure.

That being said, I've got all 3 of the recovery fix subs, that being I&I, Mel, and Mizutsune. Beach REM was kind to me this time around, blessing me with blujin (and ofc B&J), and I have other sub options like Amatsu/Jhoira/Enra. All fun stuff.

Some people swear by it, others say it's for braindead play. What do you all think?

Because 1.5 million MP could be used for the next GFE voting thing if they ever do that again (wonder if they'll jack up the price if a 7* gets voted in, but that's besides the point)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  2. Moryce

Moryce Member

User ID:
    342 724 387
    I did buy one for a good inherit on my Vraska team ;)

3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you want unkillable team but probably need some stalling for skills since you will carry less usable skill slots. For AA, you can probably stall awoken bind so you won't need awoken bind clear but you will need at least one shield just in case you get NineGaruda and don't have enough heart to make FUA. Mostly, B&J team can tank both Goemon and DQ Hera without a shield. Also note that double Kuroyuri system won't work in multiplayer.

Solo play, Kuroyuri system will almost guarantee a win for end game content.

4. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Have Mizutsune?

[​IMG]

5. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    It's funny that people will gut their boxes for B&J to make gameplay easier, but something else that does the exact same is called boring and braindead. The reason you would buy either is to be able to more consistently complete harder content. That's the entire point of rolling the REM as well. Get newer, better shit. Neither the lead or the subs are required to beat anything, but if you want to do it more consistently, they are a good buy. If you don't mind more of a challenge, play normal subs. I wouldn't sell anything to get them though. Who knows what will be valuable down the road. Can sell the 5 year tamas though. That's their entire reason for existing. To be sold lol.

Fridgeboy and sgt502 like this.
  6. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Agreed. I'm thinking of exchanging some unused GFE for them but I've done that to get Yusuke and I probably will regret when they decided to make those GFEs I nuked awesome. I do bought one Kuroyuri because she has tape resist that works in co-op.

ezekiel. likes this.
  7. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    It becomes a matter of relative safety vs "I can 1c until there's an execute or my skills are up." Some people on discord are basically "church of kuroyuri" peeps who think the kuro system is what makes b&j "tick" and she's not all that without it. Just evaluating my options since my MP has been mostly just sitting there since Cotton. But having Mizutsune/Mel seems to be the deterring factor. And b&j ended my "free silver/troll gold" streak on free rolls, so I'm a little overhyped atm

@sgt502 I asked earlier somewhere else about the worth of buying a single kuro, and everyone was against it lol. Any comment on what work she does outside of tape resist?

8. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Let the church know they are full of crap. :D The team is very good without the system. Blue has good RCV options with Mel and Mizutsune which is the only downside of a 4x HP no RCV team. It's no Dmeta, but the team is good with or without the system.

Challenge Mode AA - Probably lucky but still pretty impressive.

sgt502 likes this.
  9. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Very nice. Figured if I run mizutsune I have bonkers RCV 6/8 turns anyways so no big deal. Don't have any other teams that can use a system, so I guess I'm hanging on to my MP

ko300zx likes this.
  10. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She is a decent leader. Needs to match two color and heart for full activation but it's better than full rainbow team. Dark also has some very powerful cards such as Nohime, Uranus, Okuninushi, VNey etc.

Well, put it this way. She is a "free" card that you can get as a limited time offer. Once the offer is gone, there's no telling whether she will be back or not.

ko300zx likes this.
  11. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    the team is strong. doesn't feel broken though. the team does feel invincible...until you get ohko for 1m =). tried AA about 5x and died so it's not a walk in the park. to be fair i'm not very familiar with AA spawns so i'm not certain when to stall and when to blow stuff up.

as far as other content goes i prefer diablos x yusuke.

12. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Actually, if anything it works even better in 2P mode. Auto healing 100k+ per turn is just stupid. Both players need double Kuro for it to work, though. And it doesn’t work in 3P (which I assume is what you were trying to say).

13. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    In 2P mode you will need forever to charge your skills needed to kill a floor. You will be untouchable, most likely, but you will die of boredom soon enough. Imagine 45 mins running A3 instead of 10 just because you don't get needed orbs to kill some floors.

14. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It’s an issue, but it’s not as bad as you make it sound, at least based on my limited experience playing BJ. The leads have a million killers on them already. If you put god killer awakenings on the leads, they will destroy most floors by themselves. I run Skuld (and her double 7c) as a sub, and the Kuro’s also have a 7c awakening. And you only need blue and red for full activation. So rarely do you need to use skills to kill random A3/A4 mobs. The only enemies I can’t one-shot are high defense enemies like predras or the jewel of creation. But my leaders have a defense break active, so I still don’t need to stall unless I want to save my skills.

I don’t use BJ for A3; I already have a fast 100% consistent farm team for that. But for A4, usually I don’t need to stall (or use skills at all other than Kuro and the BJ defense break actives) until I get to the dragonbound floor. I can usually OHKO almost every floor until then. It may not be the fastest A4 team, but it’s not bad at all. And it’s incredibly consistent. I probably have a 60-70% success rate after only a few days of practice. I’m confident I can get it to nearly 100% once I get more familiar with the dungeon. None of my other teams can come close to that. Spending 20 minutes grinding through A4 and then dying against the Norn isn’t very time efficient, either. Coop BJ literally cannot die on the Norn floor unless Skuld does her 99% gravity followed by her 140k nuke. I’m willing to sacrifice a bit of speed for consistency.