Whats up with skill rotations, NOT

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Roland, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Seems they haven't changed in forever. In reality since 22 Feb 2018, so a long time.

2. Toddlajoie

Toddlajoie Active Member

Seemed to me like the last few rotations were kind of half-assed anyway. Mostly just going back and forth between 2 sets of skills, and on several of them it seemed like the same skills were just traded between 2 different materials...

Plus they practically threw Pi's at us for a while back a month or 2 ago, so I still have 5-10 or each color sitting in my box (with lots of room now that evos are stacking...) so I'm not sure there is much let I need to skill up that either doesn't have an available skill-up available or didn't get Pi'd...

3. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I believe instead of rotations they just added skills to a bunch of lower-tier evo mats that didn't have skills at all, so the rotations were no longer needed.

4. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ^^ This.

All of the GFE have skill up mats now, so no need to rotate them.

5. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    so are you saying that keeper of gold will always be the skill up for Ilm, and so on?

6. Hansey

Hansey Destined to never own a single Haku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Seems that way for the moment. Eventually they'll add more GFEs, but we still have all the assorted lits to use as skill up fodder (except for the Dub-Mythlit which is already taken). But after that, I suppose they'll either return to skill rotations, or add new farmable dungeons to skill up some of the older cards?

In any case, all I know is that it's nice not having to update my skillup spreadsheet anymore. ;) (Not that it took all that much time, nor did I mind doing it.)

7. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Idk if they will return to rotating, versus having made skilling up when you encounter the card in a dungeon floor a thing, as that pretty much gives everybody a skillups avenue.

Even if the rate isn't hot or the dungeon always conveniently around or reasonably stamina priced for farming, skilling up essential new cards by pii, and less essential cards by dunegon encounter seems somewhat reasonable.

8. Toddlajoie

Toddlajoie Active Member

Hadn't thought of it, but can anyone confirm if the skill-up (no matter how rare) works for the cards that never drop, or drop something other than themselves (i.e. the jewel rush dungeon, etc...)

9. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As long as the enemies have the same skill as your unskilled team members, you'll have a chance of skill up even if the enemies doesn't drop an egg. For Jewel Rush, it only works for vanilla Chinese Gods since the awoken/Revo form change their skills (even if the drop is their skill up). Solo only. Doesn't work in co-op.

10. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    @Toddlajoie I can also confirm that non-droppable enemies in Normal dungeons can also skill up your cards, even though the enemy can't actually USE any skills which I was kinda surprised about. Just got a Homura sklup on the 4 stam Forest Fire Nerva!

ETA: Just added Australis (Dragon Flower) and Macha (Crimson Demon Mask) to the team and can confirm that the evo mats encounters can also skill. (Didn't actually get a skill up on either, but the 'SKILL' box popped up when the encounter loaded!)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018