Which Current MP monsters are worth having?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by wilk, Dec 7, 2018 at 12:16 PM.

1. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Currently, I have RagDra x2, Courage, DAthena and OdinDra.

I have 400K MP that could be spent, which gets me any one of the Noble ones or any of the dragons. I am just wondering if there is anything else currently worth purchasing.

I have not heard much good about the noble ones and I already have 2 of the better dragons.

In the past, before I fleshed out my box to what it is now, YomiDra was a suggestion as a possibility. Aside from that, I'm not sure what I could gain from any of the options I do not already have. One thought is possibly getting Xiu Min to add to a Ameno row team, which gains me FUA, but would not be necessary if I go with B/X evo of Ameno.

My current PAD herder is not as up to date as I would like it to be, but it should give some idea to what I have. I could update it if there is a request to do so.

2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Nothing. Odin Dragon is the only regular lineup card worth buying. After that Kuroyuri, then maybe Leo. Even if you don't buy them, they are an obvious sign that saving MP is smarter than looking for a reason to spend it.

wilk and Luminescent like this.
  3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Re: thread title: OdinDra and RagDra.

Four Noble ults were a disappointment and collecting the necessary evo materials (specifically, the numbered dragon callers) can be a special form of torture that's not worth the effort.

Two Kuroyuri may be a worthwhile purchase if you have 4/x/1 high HP/low RCV teams like Roots or B&J, but 1.5 million MP is a HUGE commitment.

4. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    the only good part abou the four nobles ults was that the Xiu Min art was amazing.

5. JG77

JG77 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Save for Amen!

He has singlehandedly saved my interest in the game. Super fun to learn to play, consistently challenging to puzzle, and super rewarding to beat dungeons with.

BurningMan and wilk like this.
  6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I forgot about Amen. He's definitely a glass cannon with a very high skill requirement, but there's really no leader like him in the game.

(I haven't bought him yet, though. Still need to experiment with Nyx x Amen to see if I think I'd enjoy the play style.)

7. JG77

JG77 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Once you start getting the play style down, if you have evoMadoo, that is another fun leader to pair with Amen. Almost every activation of Amen involves at least one 5 match which activates Madoo's leader skill. It doesn't hit as hard, but at least when you mess up, usually you have Madoo's shield to tank a few hits.

8. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you all for the replies...I suspected that there wasn't much to buy into at the moment.

20matar likes this.
  9. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    yeah its kinda rough right now after Odindra and Rag Dra. everyone else is mostly strictly for fun, like R Myr or L hera (and no one runs her anymore anyways) or super niche (D Sonia is an interesting board change but borderline useless as a sub, the puppets basically exist for cheese, Neptune dragon is a really weird but strong poison which is all but useless now, You yu is a damage stick at least, Amen is Amen and Mut an Khonsu are merely equip evos with pointless actives and whiy in this day and age would anyone care about equipping....wood rows?)

10. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Amen is good for farming and a fun lead to goof around so after odindra the most useful mp monster. Kuroyuri is obviously great if you can afford two and have the team to abuse them and leo is a decent lead if you have Tardis