Which laptop is the best ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Inforerty, Nov 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Inforerty

Inforerty New Member

My HP laptop has been using for five years, it is old and recently i want to buy a new laptop to replace it , like the Dell , Lenovo, Acer or Asus and more , which laptop is the best ?
    PS.i already have a Mac

Tasnkker likes this.
  2. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    Depends on your budget, what you need it for (gaming, workstation, general use) , and what you want (size, battery life, and other features).

3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Also one thing to consider is how good their customer services in your area. I'd say, their quality is on par for the same budget. The difference being the design/look, ergonomic, battery life, weight that sort of things.

4. lemontree

lemontree coop is my only weakness

User ID:
    lenovo thinkpad t470 for the best keyboard and build quality. I use mine mainly for programming and writing papers. If you use it mainly for video browsing, media consumption and photoshop, I suggest something like the dell xps 15 for more power and superior screen.

As for gaming laptops, I advise against it since you get more for your money if you build a pc.

5. edale

edale Member

User ID:
    edale
    PADherder:
    link
    Avoid Dell like the plague.

6. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    The XPS 13 and 15 are solid though. The rest are plague haha

7. Tasnkker

Tasnkker New Member

I think the Dell and Lenovo laptop are good , but for gamer . the Dell laptop isn't a best chance , the speed cannot meet your requirements, it's easy to locked and the reset Dell laptop program is cumbersome unless you're a computer nerd.
    https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/dell-laptop-password-reset.html
    this is one of its flaws if you want to get a laptop for your game ,

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  8. herpret singh

herpret singh New Member

User ID:
    herprets
    I am using ASUS for over 4 years. Looks like a good one. You can try for it.

9. edale

edale Member

User ID:
    edale
    PADherder:
    link
    Dell custom-makes (at a rather low quality, using cheap components for everything that doesn't go on the spec sheet) the majority of the components used in their computers/laptops, this makes it very hard to change/fix/replace anything hardware related.

Then, they massively overcharge for those sub-standard computers, putting in one or two decent things to emphasize as selling points (not caring that the rest of the computer can't actually handle using those things at a fraction of their full capabilities).

And then they have very well trained customer service people that will be very friendly and persuasive as they convince you it's better to buy this newer updated model than to pay the service fees to fix yours (because of course those custom parts mean you HAVE to go through them to fix most things).

Any $600 Dell can be built for $275 or less, and you can usually find an equivalent from another brand, such as ASUS, HP, or Lenovo (not the best, but much better than Dell) in the $400-$450 range. It gets worse as the prices rise (I built myself what they consider a $15,000 system for less than $2,000 last year; OK so I got 2x RX480 8GB instead of a 1080ti, performance is similar, better in some cases).

Personally, for a laptop, I'd go with HP. I had an HP Envy that I used for 5 years. Even with the case itself falling to pieces, the laptop itself still works (though the battery is starting to show it's age). I actually plan to pull it apart and use it as the core for a retro gaming machine at some point. Though given it has a touch-screen, I may set it up as a different kind of gaming machine than retrogaming. That or I'll built it into a desk. Lots of potential uses, and I wouldn't even need to buy a new monitor like many laptop recycling projects.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Tasnkker likes this.