Which MP card are you buying?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Rofl_Waffles, Apr 14, 2018.

Which MP card are you buying

1. Khonsu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mut

7.5%
  3. Amen

30.0%
  4. None

62.5%
  1. Rofl_Waffles

Rofl_Waffles Well-Known Member

New MP cards coming monday. I think I know what im buying. But might get totally screwed if no one else uses that leader. At 750k I can only afford one.

2. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't really see any of them being worth 750k personally, especially not with the MP survey winner hopefully coming soon. The only one I'd consider is Amen, because niche 10,000x attack is crazy, but it's a bit too hard to pull off.

BonerChamp69 likes this.
  3. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    If Amen were 300k, I'd definitely buy him.

There's no way I'm paying 750k for any of those, though. Especially with MP Shop voting and the trading post being a thing. Trading post deincentivizes selling the most expensive MP cards so that means my MP is that much more valuable these days.

4. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I think it depends on what wins for the vote tbh, I wouldn't make a decision til then but I definitely wouldn't do it if you don't already have the mp, just because of future trading post..if cotton wins and I don't pull her today and tomorrow is probably buy her, if not I'd probably wait although I'd take amen, to see the 1000x satisfaction lol also every time I buy something right away they announce something cooler or something else, my light hera dragon is collecting dust because there is so many better leads now

5. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Amen is, at worst, a 10x no skyfall swipe lead. at best he's a weird glass cannon that can kill anything. he's the only thing worth it if you think 750k is worth it.

6. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Amen will have a hard time killing anything with damage void. You need a perfect board for that.

From my point of view, they're all "just for fun" leads for whale who has so much MP and everything the shop has to offer. Sort of like GH way of saying:

"You don't know how to spend all that MP? Here's some new cards for you to play with."

They're very hard to play but offer great rewards if you could pulled that off.

Seriously, making exactly 7 combo while leaving 3 orbs or less after matching is very hard. Try that with Hinomitsuha/Kuramitsuha who has almost exact requirement.

Then we have the green dude who demands 6+ green orbs and 3 light combo for full activation. I wonder how many one could pulled that off before running out of actives.

Then the water beauty demands a row and a cross to deal considerable damage. That's a minimum of 11 orbs of specific color, and if you wanted to stall, you'll need 6 orbs.

My skill is way beyond their requirements so I won't even think about buying lol.

Knomraski and Arranging like this.
  7. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Amen, just for the lulz. Though I have about 2m MP.

I can remark from playing some Awoken Raphael (similar leave barely any orbs on the board to activate for splendid damage), that it is a fair bit harder than it looks. Raph is punishing as hell if you ever screw up your sustained consistency, and Amen is still x100, which seems almost like a difficulty downgrade to breezy street, except it will not be because exactly 7 combos, vs 8 or 9 is going to be significantly harder than you think. I usually do 8 combos with A.Raph with some TPA 4s and-or 5s in the mix, or clean 9s on good ratio boards with 3 odd orbs remaining, and aiming at specifically seven combos around the orb ratios and board layouts is going to actually pause you for thought a decent amount of boards, and will require more jigsaw / cascade fall-through creativity than you might expect on theorycraft paper before trying.

It should be fun though.
    Like, really fun. Actually thinking about the puzzling instead of being in Anublos all-the-matches!!1!$1 mode.

Imho because Amen is a lot less "still x100" punishing than Raph, if you tote along a few board change subs/inherits, you can board change the key checkpoint/end floors where it's kill or be killed, getting decent ratios for making 7 combo full board solves or near full solves, without too much fuss. And if you fumble some other random floor and have to grind through it x100, then okay.

I can actually see the Valentine's heart column equip being useful on this team. Before buying I'd also suggest considering if your box has adequate anti-cloud anti-stripe anti-posion super awakenings or equips, because I can vouch from Raph board clear play that 1-2 stray poison or jammers can actually be super awkward to your solves when the orb ratios on colors are being less than friendly, and clouds and borderline auto-loss fucking spinners are the purest cancer.

I kinda want to pick up 750k anti-bind equip too, but it's just not worth it. Too many good leads are already anti-bind, or there's the anti-bind solo badge. Too expensive, even with 2m idle.

Arranging and Cheeseghost like this.
  8. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I mean you're not always gonna have a perfect board but, you're at 9 seconds of move time with just the leads awakenings, throw in like a yuna and you're at 11 seconds, most subs have at least another te...so you can realistically at minimum have around 11 seconds of move time...I don't think it's always perfect and having rainbow leads might be harder then maybe bicolor board changes but idk, I suck at this game lol

9. Rofl_Waffles

A perfect board won't give you 7 combos and a 3x3 VDP unless you are using a 7x6 leader.

Not a problem because at worst Amen is a 10x leader for having the 3 orbs or less condition. So 100x if you just make a 3x3 square for VDP and match the rest of the board.

One advantage for Amen is that his damage is so god damn ridiculous you can just completely forget about killer, TPA, or 7c because there is no way you would lack damage. Just bring in Yuna for that damage reduction and more time. Then bring in some more utility subs with more time extend and some awoken bind recovery.

10. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

just play dantalion on a 7x6 and do 4 crosses and 2 heal combos. x202,688 is pretty satisfying to see lol

11. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

The first part is not true. It's actually relatively common to have a VDP 7c bicolour board.

See the optimal board set up here: https://xn--0ck4aw2h.gamewith.jp/article/show/97012

Anything between 16 to 19 of your VDP colour is enough to give you a VDP 7c board.

Also in Yusuke's case, anywhere between 11 to 19 orbs is enough for a VDP 7c board since you can VDP using Yusuke's sub attribute. Between 16-19 light orbs, you VDP with light orbs; between 11-14 light orbs, you VDP with blue orbs.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  12. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    The blue one turns into an unbindable equip, which surely has many applications. At 750k MP tho... I'm saving up for cotton lol.

13. Terreos

Terreos Active Member

Amen. I have a few team ideas for him. One team has 18 time extends. So I should have plenty of time to make matches. Plus all of the monsters in question atleast have one seven combo awaken. So there won’t be any need to spike. Ever. Lol

If you run bicolor board changers you can pretty easily make seven combos while clearing the entire board. Only really problem if you were trying to make this a red team you’d have a hard time having enough time extends.

Lastly single color board changers should be nice for farming. I never made a farming leader so it will be nice to have one finally.

14. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If it wasn't for the mp shop survey i would probably buy amen.
    The other two are pretty meh both as leads and assists. Unbindable assist looks better than it is since you waste an inherit slot and likely even the base skill with a bad active on a low cd.

15. Digity

Digity Member

for amen/amun, vdp is pretty easy if you use a full board change and double row active

16. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I've had just presumed for VDP that I can run an x5 and boost a vanilla x100 to x500, if needed, without even getting into the rng of board layouts that support 7c plus a box, since VDP needs are usually a single floor of a dungeon.

I didn't realize you could get clever with yusuke and leverage sub attribute though. That is pretty amazing stylistic tactics flair.

17. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not buying any of them. Though I am Egyptologist by hobby. I think its awesome they are utilizing all the deities of that ancient culture. I am saving all my MP for the GFE vote. Be it Ney, Cotton, or Yog that wins. I truly believe it will be one of those three.

Arranging and Fridgeboy like this.
  18. Yani NP

Yani NP Believe in the heart of the skyfall Gods!

User ID:
    Tempted to get Khonsu and he will be perfect sub for row green team and especially if Yu Yu will ever come to us. He's will be perfect for Kurama team.

19. Rofl_Waffles

Just bought Amen. I wouldnt say its harder than it seems. But definitely more brainpower than i imagined.

You really need a clear image of what needs to go where before you go into it. Other than that, there is no good reason why you cant activate pretty much every single turn.

I havent seen anyone else with Amen yet. But i have paird him with Ideal for that extra 3 second move time and 1300x multiplier. It was pretty sweet using that alone.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  20. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was hype for Amen until one word in his LS killed everything:

"Exactly"

Fuck no. Getting exactly 7C is a massive fucking pain in the fucking ass. If the board allows, you can't fucking make me stop.

Arranging, Vaedriel and philsov like this.