which of my monsters to dump XP into for Bastet/Healer team?

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by らぶたん, Aug 6, 2014.

1. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

here is my box: https://www.padherder.com/user/63464234/monsters/

so I started out with a bad leader(which I didn't know then) but eventually got a Bastet. when I got her, I build a scrappy rainbow team and paired that up with another combo leader like Bastet, Kushinada and so on.
    since then I started working on a dedicated Bastet team, and I came out with something like this:

Bastet - Light Valk - King Shynee - Himiko - Athena

my problem with this team is that the HP is extremely low but if I survive until the boss, I can dish out a ton of damage with all activates. I even managed to 1-shot Hera with this, although that was with a lot of skyfalls.

so I'm wondering if that is a team to focus on for now, and if I should try to MAX level those monsters? or should I go another route for this? I studied the great Bastet guide on here religiously, but no matter which team it is, I have like 1-2 subs for it and lack all the others and can't really see a replacement.
    I am really having trouble picking up all those loose ends and turning them into a functioning team to take on Descends with. I'd appreciate any kind of help you can give me.

2. TLK24

TLK24 Active Member

From my experience with bastet you can either go healer or god.

The usual healer setup looks something like

Bastet/Valk/Angelion or LL Venus/Shynee/Echidna

The god variant I believe can be whatever as long as there is a CTW and Izanagi

So with what you have you would most likely be better of going healer since all the subs are farmable

3. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You have a few choices, I think.

First of all, skill up Himiko while you have the chance, he gives you an effective +50% HP boost for 2 turns as early as turn 7, leading into Menace. If you include Himiko you might as well include Echidna so you can focus your colors, e.g.

Bastet / Valk / Himiko / Echidna / Shynee / Bastet or Suzaku friend

... maybe replace Valk or Echidna with Healer Astaroth if you really need that HP and/or the boss has status shield.

Healers have been moving blue recently, and blue has more HP as a general matter, so the other direction you could go is:

Bastet / Siren / I&I / Valkyrie / Shynee / Bastet or Blue Valk friend

You actually have another unusual option, the attacker rather than healer hybrid:

Bastet / Zhuge Lang / Sasuke / Attacker Astaroth / Rowdy Red / RL Suzaku friend

If you somehow can UVO Athena, she would replace Rowdy Red and you have yourself a powerful two-prong team, too. Maybe even drop Bastet, though she's giving you RCV and stall options.

Bastet can also do green rows, but it's very hard to pull off:

Bastet / Astaroth / Sasuke / UVO Athena / ... / Bastet or Genbu friend

I'm hesitant on this build because you need more orb-changers, e.g. Artemis, Genbu, Amitan, even Parvati or Shabo. But green row / god Bastet is possibly the strongest team you can assemble, and you have a head start with Astaroth.

So, I guess I would suggest the following priorities:

1. Astaroth #1, healer
    2. Sasuke
    3. Zhuge Lang
    4. Astaroth #2, attacker
    5. Athena (because getting her UVO mats is an end-game proposition)

Healer Astaroth actually gets more HP than attacker Astaroth, and her evo mats are easier to acquire. (Note: Attacker teams are sometimes just as fragile as healer teams, so you are working with a glass cannon either way!)

Congrats on ZL, btw, he's a very coveted card!

4. M3k

M3k Member

Bastet has three main flavors: God, Healer, and Monogreen. From strong to weak they also go in that order. God teams require Heracles or Izanagi as well as some lucky REM pulls, so for now consider that a pivot in the future. If Amitan ever comes back, be sure to grab him.
    For Healer teams, Bastet benefits from one of the highest HP pools for a healer. Even so, you want to get your levels as high as possible to get your attack and HP pools somewhere reasonable.
    Bastet/Echidna/Valkyrie/Angelion/Shynee/Bastet is a good starter team. Eventually Sandalphon should probably replace Shynee thanks to his stats. Echidna and Angelion have survey dungeons which should be coming around soon, try to get them and valk max skilled.

You could also run a mono-green team, or green/light team, which kills your burst but has better stats. From your box that would be something like Bastet/Cu Chu/Sasuke/Sasuke or Valk/Zhuge Liang/Bastet or Genbu. On stallable dungeons bring Zeus.
    But...you don't really have that skilled or leveled, so it isn't worthwhile unless you want to use Zhuge Liang as a leader in the future. Which imo is a decent idea because you have two Sasukes and they're one of his best subs. In the future you can farm Zhang Fei and Thumbilina and have a pretty cool team with a bunch of orb changing, some quick burst, and two pronged everything. But they're not out yet, so if you want a team to work on right now, I'd suggest you just level the healer team. Consider saving the upcoming noel dragon, though.

One side note: Despite her decent stats and proper color, Athena isn't really useful for Bastet. Orb enhance is based on how many connecting orbs you have, so it isn't of much use when making seven combos.

5. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

thank you so much to all of you for the help :D
    ok, so I will definitely pray for Echidna+Angelion survey dungeon to come around soon. I'm also running normal dungeons with Echidna drops when I have some spare stamina before a rank up or so, but no luck so far. do you know if it's worth it to run Flame Mechdragon on Expert for the Naga drop btw? probably not, since it's just Expert.
    so then I am going to be putting my XP into my healer team now, probably starting with Bastet(I am playing on NA, so Astaroth UEVO isn't here yet, but it shouldn't take too long to come here, right?). and I'll work on getting Himiko skill ups^^

6. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Echidna drops are lousy everywhere, including her own survey dungeon, but Flame Mechdragon isn't worth it - I'd invest in Himiko instead. What level dungeon can you handle? If Master or lower, it's also not really worth running until 2x drops.

M3k is right that god teams beat green teams, but god/green/row teams is the pinnacle. To that end, you may eventually set your sights on Heracles since he's (a) a god; (b) a god burster; and (c) has a green row.

Honestly I'm pretty excited by the hybrid attacker team I posted, but probably because of the novelty. I do harbor suspicions that Bastet may one day get another UVO option which will be attacker (fits the lore) in which case you'll have retroactively hit the jackpot.