White Cat Project

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by slope, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

guaranteed 4* from new batch in a 10+1 (one time) is up as well as the forster project only coop!

2. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

the weps are out too, no rates up though, so whatever

Borja likes this.
  3. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

oh wow, the global version of this game (called Rune Story) is shutting down

4. slope

slope Well-Known Member

Surprised it took them this long, given how much of a disaster it was.

5. Borja

Borja Member

Why do you think it was a disaster?

6. slope

slope Well-Known Member

They're behind JP like an entire year in terms of content and progression. Granted this might be a good thing given the general direction the game has gone, but the delay between JP and US is pretty inexcusable. PAD's 6-month lag was bad enough... 1 year is pretty meh, especially for a game that has powercrept so hard.

A lot of it likely has to do with the fact that JP is struggling too. So they just don't have the money to waste on a half-assed product.

Shironeko was way ahead of its time when it came out - and it stayed that way for very long - and they would have had such a huge advantage if they had entered the US market much sooner. But times have changed, and they're really behind compared to a lot of other JP games that have US versions running in tandem. They can't get away with shit like a 1-year content delay anymore when you've got stuff like Terra Battle / FFBE and other games I can't name showing people that it can be done without this delay.

7. Borja

Borja Member

Reading that, I understand that the only problem is that it's 1 year delayed.
    It obviously must be delayed since it was released more than 1 year after JP. They are realeasing events faster than JP. At first, it was more than 1 year away, and now it's 9 months only. So they might catch JP if the game lasted 1 more year.

If you remember how was Shironeko 9 months ago, I can say that Rune Story is now much better than Shironeko was at that moment.

8. nataku

nataku Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I almost feel like some of the awfulness from global has creeped into JP (stinginess on free stuff, grindy and unimaginative gameplay, pushing out more and more power creep characters quickly).

The power creep isn't so bad if you're able to update your characters every 3-4 sets of OP characters. I'm still clinging to Fara since I didn't get any of the last memorial set nor have I pulled Fran or Tsukimi in the detective set. However, if I miss on the next set of memorials and they decide to make content with even more restrictions that require the creep, it might just push me to play less.

9. Borja

Borja Member

I am the only one who liked Rune Story. :(

By the way, did you play Rune Story? Because there is no point on criticize a game you didn't play. Or if you played it, for example, 11 months ago, when it was released, since it changed a lot.

10. nataku

nataku Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I played Rune Story to rank 140 before I quit and played Shiro Neko instead last December so I haven't seen where the game went since February when they released the first school batch.

11. Borja

Borja Member

I am not sure the date of all of this, maybe you already knew:
    - They added the 2D design to the characters.
    - They added Vanguard, a second Guild weekly event.
    - They doubled the chance of getting 4 Star weapons, also changed its price to 25 gems per weapon.
    At Rune Story, there are less 5 Star weapons, but the chances of getting 4 Star weapons at are higher than in Shironeko.
    - They changed the price of the weapons back to 15 gems, keeping the chances higher.
    - They started doing character revivals. (Bring back old characters to the gacha)
    - They added the first shinkies.

P.D.: The last batch was the New Year one.

12. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

new mems and event are up... has building and whatever secrets are just in the level w/the purple arrow

13. nataku

nataku Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Finished out the event and had just enough for a 10+1. My awful luck continues with an empty 10+1. I guess I'll farm some islands since there are a few characters I'd like in the forster, but man the rates feel bad when there isn't a good source of jewels.

14. Borja

Borja Member

I feel bad being the only one here with good luck...
    [​IMG]

To be honest, I didn't want the brawler, I wanted the archer.
    But I wanted Claire, so it's good.

15. nataku

nataku Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Goodness, yeah, I quit.

16. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

Eh, I did 3 10+1 (got Claire, Vincent dupe, Hiyori, Dophin mage, dupe Dolphin mage) and then 5 singles which netted me Kuu and Towa

Borja likes this.
  17. Borja

Borja Member

Can anyone tell me why is Setsuna so highly rated? I have her, I tried her and I don't see her very good. I still think Towa is better...

18. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

she's tanky she (well her goddess) aoe heals she does a lot of damage and she has funnels (the floating charms)
    Plus there really aren't very many good brawlers so not that muc to compare her with within her class

19. Borja

Borja Member

But Towa is tanky as well, right? Both are invincible when the ally is summoned, and both can recover HP. Setsuna's attack is low if you don't charge before. With Towa, you don't have to charge to deal high damage. So why is Towa worse than Setsuna?

20. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

because Fran exists :^)