White Cat Project

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by slope, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Hachi

Hachi Member

I think Colopl is trying to solve that powercreep issue, but people just don't know what they want.

Powercreep reached climax with the release of Setsuna and Towa. These 2 girls had everything, tanky, powerfull, self heal, status guard.

Then for mage upgrade they released Luca and Rain.
    Luca is pure support mage, she heals team, buff it, and can even revive teammates who died!!
    Rain is pure raw power, deals 1.5+ million damage in a single blow, but is squishy and can only heal himself when low hp with his motif.

This clearly shows Colopl is trying to set again the unit roles in multi: dps needs a healer in the team.

And then I read the jp players complaining about how Luca doesn't deal enough damage, and how Rain can't self sustain..

Today a new limited Christmas eve gacha was just released with the weapons. Jp players already complaining the units are not that good and not worth pulling for.

It seems like they want the game to be powercreeped, and then they complain about powercreep lol.

On a sidenote, they release very strong shinkis with Tetra at rank 1 atm. If you've been playing for quite some time and have some old jackpot/limited unit, you can manage well even without the latest unit from now on imo.

To conclude, the free unit campaign gave me New Year Charlotte. I'm very happy about it!! :D

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  2. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

RIP I did a 250 and got 2 golds. Cry every time. ;(

3. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    Once you give players characters that can easily solo content, that becomes the new standard of expectation that new characters by which new characters are judged.

Unique roles can lead to a more rewarding coop experience, but given the opportunity most players are likely to gravitate toward units that can handle content alone if available.

Getting them to accept units that depend on others for support after solo-capable units have become expected is likely to result in disatisfaction.

Hachi likes this.
  4. CherryLimeade

CherryLimeade (?・・)σ

User ID:
    [​IMG]

wonder what happened to lead to that name... o.o;

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  5. slope

slope Well-Known Member

They just need to slow down the rate at which stuff gets buffed. By a lot. Make it so that the power differential between new characters is minimal. Find new ways to make new content interesting other than just making them numerically harder.

Stop designing/adding monsters based on how many buffs or how many damage types your character is able to do at the same time, and instead design monsters that reward skill-based play instead. Remember: in the old old days, that's what made this game interesting; you defeated all the big monsters by knowing what kinds of attacks they did and when, not simply by having a character that facerolled them.

That way, people who spent resources on getting a set of memorials gets to actually enjoy them for more than 1 month before they become obsoleted. It also means that if you miss this set, getting the next set will hopefully catch you up while the previous one you got can tide you over. Make the playerbase's overall progression a wave with a small plateau before the start of the next wave, instead of constant leapfrogging.

One of the other main problems in this game when it comes to player retention is that bad luck snowballs. It not only sucks that you didn't get what you want, you're also at 0 stones, while the players who got lucky are at like 1k or 2k. Getting unlucky for two events in a row is basically enough to make anyone quit. They need to add some mechanic in there where if you rolled a ton but didn't get it this time around, your chances of getting it next time are higher. (The 10+1 guaranteed stuff was a nice step forward, but it's not enough imo.)

Then again I haven't even logged in for more than half a year now, so I don't know how much the above still applies.

6. Onlyname

Onlyname Active Member

I like how colopl is going with the distinguished memorial roles ( like with peak/ noah, rain, luca), but they also need to strike a balance with the difficulty of content. Maybe jp players are complaining when newer units are not that strong because the content dictates that they need to have some form of defensive ability. Like Hachi said, anyone who has Setsuna can faceroll content because she is incredibly defensive and can deal a lot of damage. If colopl scales the content down so that relatively recent and shinki'd characters can actually clear them (not with pure ease, but at least a fighting change).

This is not really a good example, but the Christmas Shinkis were not that great. They can clear lower level content, but once you get to 13 star coops they will struggle alot compared to others, same with limited units from past events. Half of this is complaining about the difference between the power level of BTL shinkis vs. Christmas, but the other half is large concern on Colopl's treatment of older players. Older players can do well with free gems from events, but when the rolls using these gems do not give anything worthwhile, veterans will have to rely on shinkis and their currently existing (possibly subpar vs. new content) units.

I agree with Slope on skill-based characters. I think that characters that have unique mechanics/playstyles that reward players on how well they execute their unit would be really healthy to QoL.

And I retract my previous statement about how gacha rates are the same as they've always been. They actually are lower (but that doesn't stop my friend's luck on getting the majority of limited units :s)

7. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

Does anyone here still play this game?

8. slope

slope Well-Known Member

Nope. I logged on to collect a few stones awhile ago during one of the events. Did a few 10+1s using whatever I had then, got literally nothing, then closed the app and haven't opened it since.

Kind of burned out on F2P games tbh, and enjoying playing some real games these days.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  9. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

Kinda did the same thing, logged in after god knows how long..did a 10+1 and got literally all 2-3 stars, procceded to delete the app again after 10 mins of redownloading it.

Shironeko gacha system is an utter failure, 0 returnee tactics. Most of the people that left the game due to rngesus will most likely leave again in 5 mins flat after returning.

10. nataku

nataku Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I still play, rngeezus keeps giving me memorial units. Though, they have been pushing only memorials this year since the NY event batch, which is not a sustainable means of keeping players interested unless they get some luck eventually.

11. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

Honestly, the amount of mems is getting ridiculous. The only break from mems we've had since NY was the FSP, and even then there was MSK Kasumi and Inhelmnia... And there will probably 1000 day mems too...

12. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

This new event has you able to date the three new mems... (Characters not required). And they've added a stamp system for gacha-every time you do a 10+1 you are rewarded with things from 5x books to EX runes to temporary memorial swords. Pretty cool. Dunno if it will stay after the gacha.

13. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

what "real" games are u playing now slope

-----------

i still follow the game but i don't play it

14. slope

slope Well-Known Member

I got a PS4 Pro to play HZD. Was sooooo good - already can't wait for the sequel.

I have a backlog of a bunch of games I bought/have but never got around to playing beyond the first hour, that I'd like to revisit. So far I've finished Tomb Raider (the 2013 series reboot) on my PC, and started on the sequel. But near the top of my queue are The Last of Us (yeah I missed that train many times over), Nier: Automata, and MGS4 & 5. Not sure I'll ever get around to MGS, but I'd like to finish it one of these days.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I did start playing DW:Unleashed though, since I still want to have something to play outside of home, and also because I've always been a huge sucker for Dynasty Warriors. It's a pretty low investment though - I've put $5 into the game for the daily login pack and that's probably all I'll ever do. (I also don't see this game lasting very long, so it's fun for now while it lasts.)

kumomo likes this.
  15. darnok

darnok Active Member

User ID:
    I logged for the anniversary event and there are a lot of free stuff. 1 free character, 2 free weapons (choosing 10, get 1). There is also 3 free 10+1 roll in any last year memorial gacha (yukimura, Mana...etc).

I got Tina Xmas from free character and Karen, Charlotte (monk) weapons. From my 3 free rolls I got Yukimura and did a 250 roll and got Iris, pretty good anniversary for me :D

らぶたん likes this.
  16. slope

slope Well-Known Member

Well, based on the HK podcast dudes, Yukimura is like the most OP thing in the game ever, so grats.

I also signed on recently to do my free 10+1s. Didn't get anything worthwhile. But with the last 250 stones I pulled the gacha that has Anna in it, and managed to get both her and the DR dude in the same pull.

Didn't know about the Weapon thing. I'm guessing the date has passed for that, right?

Super busy with life lately, and miraculously I'm still playing DWUnleashed.

--

As a sidenote: appmedia still ranks Tetra Rider as the top-tier char. Is that really true?

17. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

tetra is yes still #1, jokes

i hvej't touch the game much

18. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

Iris is #1 now

Edit: the free chara and wep are still here

Hachi likes this.
  19. Aladar

Aladar Active Member

Ended up reloging to shironeko after like 1 year+.

Is the powercreep issue still running rampant? like a char you get is outclassed in like 1 post event flat?

Did 2x 10+1 and got 2 4* which i dont even know what they are lol.

According to famitsu they are ranked S, but iirc that means shit cause their rank will immediately shift again after a few more events.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  20. slope

slope Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure anybody here plays this any more.