White Cat Project

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by slope, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Aladar

Aladar Active Member

Last time ive played this, the drop rate for gatcha was absoltely horrible...did they improved it?

2. slope

slope Well-Known Member

Yes, they doubled the 4* drop rate and halved the 2* drop rates for both REMs. They also added a 10+1 pull to the gacha, and on average, you can expect to get 1 4* character per 10+1 pull. Weapons are still harder, but it's also at least twice as good as it used to be.

I think the drop rates are tuned quite well now, given that in this game, it's less important to have a perfect lineup.

3. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

this game is so much fun and it's insane how much free shit it throws at me right now. and do I see this right that the weekly dungeons are all available right now? is that yet another event? xD
    also I am wondering if I should do another 10+1 roll in the summer REM or wait for another gacha, what do you think @slope ? what happens when you draw dupes, can you do anything with them or are they pretty much useless?

4. slope

slope Well-Known Member

Yeah, the 1 year anniversary event just started. As a result, they've reset all the weekly dungeons (basically you can get stones for clearing them again) and also made them all available for the next 2 weeks. Great time to level up a bunch of chars. Between that and the summer gacha and all the free gold they're giving out, now is the absolute best time to be starting out in this game.

In your position, since you already have 4 chars from the summer REM, I would hold off on rolling. You already got Kasumi and Serina, who are the best chars from the summer lineup. Better to save your stones and wait for the next event / special REM. They'll be releasing a new class soon as a part of the 1yr anniversary, though if the last time they released a new class was any indication, the new class will generally be underpowered for awhile until they come out with some really good char for it.

I got Kasumi and the lancer (both chars that I wanted) on my first 10+1 roll and didn't roll after that, so I'm back up to 900 stones saved again. This game is all about waiting for the right times to spend your stones. :)

As for dupes - you get a rainbow rune for each dupe char you roll. There's the small, medium, and the star rune, which corresponds to 2*, 3*, 4* dupes. You can then spend rainbow runes to "awaken" (限界突破 - or colloquially referred to as "凸") a character up to 4 times, which essentially boosts their stats by a significant percentage. The costs to awaken chars are:

2* char - 1 small rune
    3* char - 1 medium rune OR 25 small runes
    4* char - 1 star rune OR 25 medium runes OR 50 small runes

This has two implications for this game:
    - rolling dupes is generally not that great on average, because you don't get an extra character out of it
    - BUT rolling dupes will *always* be useful and will benefit you in some way

As for which characters to fully awaken, that's a bit of an art form. Typically people spend their rainbow runes on the most OP characters (i.e. Kasumi, Fran from the school event, the sword girl in my profile pic), but at times it might be wiser to look at *how* your chars might benefit from getting a stat boost -- particularly in the SP department. This is because SP recovery in this game is calculated using two things:
    - what class your character is
    - what your character's max SP is

Different characters have different breakpoints for how much SP they recover per hit, and you can typically find them in a table like the one on this page - which also conveniently calculates/shows how much SP you'd recover if you had certain SP-boosting facilities in town, or based on how many times you awaken the character :
    http://shironekoproject.gamerch.com/サマー版カスミ

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    らぶたん likes this.
  5. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

@slope wow thanks a lot for the thorough explanation, it really helped a lot :D oh so dupes are handled kinda like in SIF here, I think it's an interesting way to do it. and this also answers another question I had, which is why some players had Kasumis with more stars than mine xD
    btw I really love how there's no stupid stamina in this game! I've been grinding weekday dungeons and quests so much^^ I've also been building out my town so I can run 3 of my 4* now. since I kinda figured out how SP works and how much each special attack costs I've been leading with Kasumi only lol. her whirlwind is insane and today I unlocked her laser. I can't help but say this(kinda loud sound) whenever I use it xD

6. slope

slope Well-Known Member

My favorite part about no stamina means that you can totally try to do dungeons that are probably too hard or impossible to do, but not get punished for trying. Or for the harder dungeons, you can actually invest time into learning a dungeon really well and not have to pay so much for doing so.

It's something I particularly hate about PAD, especially with the glut of no-con dungeons we have now.

7. ZombhezBrains

ZombhezBrains "What do you mean zombies don't have brains?"

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow this thread suddenly became active again :O

Finally got back into playing it, and boy have my 4* numbers have increased
    (tho most rip was the damn summer gacha
    250 gems 0 4*)

any of you guys got the dragon riders yet?

8. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

I just watched the cute Mao-chan and the also-really-cute-but-not-quite-mao-level Mamiruton-chan pull the Gacha for Dragonriders :D I already did a 10+1 roll and didn't get anything at all, so that was kinda sad xD but I shouldn't complain because the more levels I put into Serina and Kasumi I realize how super strong they are :D even when I do the higher levels of the weekday dungeons I get 1shot by everything but also 1shot everything myself. it's pretty funny. @slope what difficulty of weekday dungeon do you farm for the smaller runes? are there any tricks for those dungeons? do you always kill all enemies and open all chests?

9. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

10. ZombhezBrains

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For the smaller runes I usually farm the highest difficulty with the 2x scroll ( not using the scroll means drop rates are meh)
    If you can't take on that, go for the 3rd highest difficulty cause the 2nd highest only drops the hexagon runes

11. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

ooooh lol I forgot all about the scrolls! looks like I should use some of the ones I've been saving lol. also thanks for the info on the difficulties. the highest difficulty is kind of a gamble on if I can laz0r down enemies quick enough, so I will try the lower one instead^^

12. ZombhezBrains

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you want I could co-op the highest difficulty with you, its not too hard for me :3

13. Onlyname

Onlyname Active Member

So I just started yesterday and managed to pull Kasumi and Serina in my first 3 rolls. I thought the 4* rate was high so I dropped like 15ish rolls on dragon rider gatcha and got nothing lol. I guess the 4* rates really are low? Should I roll summer-fest for the healer (I have no 4* healer) or should I roll dragon rider? Is the twin sword 4* dude from highschool event worth it to level up? I already got him to lv 65 and did the 4 rainbow stone thingy on him.

Sorry for bombarding you with questions haha.

14. ZombhezBrains

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not really, the free twin sword dude is pretty bad
    But hey, you get his level up mats free anyway, so might as well get him to level 80 if you can :v

Personally I would roll the summer gacha, as I really like the healer (She's sooo cute), and her skills are really nice

And yes, 4* rate is doubled, but its still pretty bad none the less

Damn everyone getting Serina
    I'm just sitting here with Ed and Kasumi T.T

15. Onlyname

Onlyname Active Member

I've tried the healer out as follower, her healing field pretty much makes you invincible >:). Is the free summer twin sword dude good? I find it rather hard to level him up (though the summer dungeons drop them so I guess its just a small hassle). Do you get anything other than diamonds for completing the dungeons? I've only gotten up to the part where you pair up with Pirate Dude or Axe Surfer, since its restricted to summer dude as your member (and mine is like level 4).

16. slope

slope Well-Known Member

The riders are good but they're nowhere near as good as Kasumi, so if you don't have Kasumi, the summer gacha has infinitely better value than the normal gacha right now even with the rider in it.

The only good free chars we've ever gotten were the caster (Wiz) and the swordsman (Douglas). Both of them are quite eclipsed by the new wave of OP chars though. Summer Soul is actually pretty good because of his solo ability but he's fucking expensive to level (I still have him sitting at level 80 and am seriously thinking of just leaving him like that).

And yeah in the past I just farmed the hardest difficulty for runes on 2x. I will probably change up now based on what I need - if I need small runes I'll continue farming the hardest difficulty, but if I need medium runes (which I'm often lacking) then I'll farm the new one that they added. It's kind of annoying though because I'd pretty much memorized all the packs from running them so much, so I had a very optimized way to go through them in under 2 minutes (except for the Orange dungeon, which is a pain in the ass because of the second board). With the new difficulty level some packs have been switched around, so I need to tune some of my runs for that.

I imagine that the riders will primarily be amazing for farming dailies, because of their increased movement speed.

らぶたん likes this.
  17. slope

slope Well-Known Member

Also what the hell with two people on this forum rolling Kasumi and Serina when just starting out. That's a ridiculous amount of luck.

18. ZombhezBrains

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    pls
    I need that luck
    (jk my luck went to the normal gacha where I got three 4* in a 250)

19. ZombhezBrains

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @slope which characters do you run rn?
    I just end up always using Amarie, the fruity swordsgirl (cocktail?), and the queen mage (argh I can't names)
    I'll put Kasumi (summer) when I level her up :O

20. slope

slope Well-Known Member

I main Shizuku (the girl on my profile pic), who I luckily got in a single 250 pull during the 3900 DL anniversary. She's still the most OP of all the SS chars. My main party for now generally rotates Fran (SS healer), Kasumi, and the archer from the school event, and whatever char I'm leveling friendship points for atm.

I got Kasumi and the lance girl on my first 250 stones on the summer gacha so I've been saving my stones ever since. Did a 250 roll for the 1 year anniversary to try for a rider, but didn't get anything (besides the cute dual-sword girl from the 11th lineup - you know, the one that got a million votes just for her looks). Since then I've just been saving my stones for the next exclusive REM, floating around 800 right now.

I consider my luck to be somewhat counterbalanced by the ridiculous amount of stones/$ I sunk into the school REM trying (and failing) to get lancer Sophie. ><