Who should I pixellate?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by ViewtifulGene, Sep 11, 2017.

1. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

With a deadweight active and no SBR, it's just really hard to fit him anywhere. Indeed he hits harder than the 'usual' double 7c hitters when the killer kicks in, but when looking at the overall package, for instance Tachibana's board change + 75% shield is far more versatile and valuable to pretty much every team out there.

I guess he's better than what I previously described him as 'mediocre', but when considering his usefulness in his pixel form (see my explanation to kandjar), there's very little reason to not go with the pixel evo.

To be fair, just the 3x3 awakening alone is enough reason to change Sephi to pixel. The other awakenings are just the icing.

3x3 is really the latest meta shifting awakening. Between Fujin, FUA and 3x3 (and to a lesser extent attribute absorb void), you have all the tools to bypass all the game's gimmicks. Also not only you get to OHKO some of the otherwise toughest bosses in the game (like Noahdra), it also makes team building a lot more flexible. Instead of trying to balance damage across the whole team, you can now just stack killer on your 3x3 sub without having to worry about uniform damage output from the rest of the team.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Kreisler likes this.
  2. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ult Yuna hits up to 16x on her LS (256x with dual leaders), and once you hit 7c her own damage clocks in at 4x for a 1024 personal multiplier. Buuuut, that's only at 10 combos which is difficult to pull off on a random board unless you get some skyfall love. The difference is the double 7c awakening which gives her a higher personal multiplier and jives with a bunch of other cards that also have the 7c awakening for generally better teamwide and more flexible damage as both leader and sub, imo.

The only 3x3 spikers in the game so far are out of FF collab, so unless you get multiple cecils/vaan/tifa/yuna/lightning you'll be reliant on a single card to OHKO a monster with void damage, which... could work, especially with killers in play. In non-void scenarios Pixel Yuna is more akin to DQXQ -- make a heavy light row, match some other colors. It's a different playstyle than combo-rich Ult Yuna.

3. MegatronG

MegatronG Active Member

User ID:
    Megatron
    I'm so sad that alot of u aren't giving uuevo seph the credit he deserves. Put him on any combo team and he will wreak havoc throughout the entire dungeon. I have 2 (a bit much) on my blue hunter team and I've seen 60m+ damage come out of his killer. While the rest of the team hit for 3m. 2tpa, 3 killers, 7c, 2 fingers. And an active the gives him even more damage? Fuck yes!!! I actually wanna put him on my anubis team. Make a full in enhanced sheena board. 10combo and play against a revo verche (light, god, machine type) and watch the numbers not fit on the screen.

Anyway...

Does this damage piercer pierce through defence? in some cases. There are ppl like revo zeal that has really high defence. And if your already using 9 orbs. Gonna be pretty hard to spike through something that high in defence. Imo there aren't enough spawn that have damage void (especially threatening ones) that would make it worth converting over anyone like seph or yuna. If I was going to pixel anyone it would only be tifa.

4. protoaddict

protoaddict Active Member

User ID:
    It does not specify that it does so I assume no. That being said the 2.5 multiplier is likely to get you past any defense threshold anyway when combined with all other things.

MegatronG likes this.
  5. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Why pixel if you don't have an immediate need? Farm a couple pixels and keep them in the mail for future use when you actually have a need for them.

MegatronG likes this.
  6. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    If you can just blow up everything in a dungeon with max combos and a huge multiplier...it probably isn't a difficult dungeon. The most challenging dungeons have big HP, damage voids, dangerous resolves, etc and awakenings like the 3x3 void bypass awakening helps get through them. If you can just nuke every floor, there are plenty of 7c subs you can throw on a team, especially a blue hunter team that can use anyone and everyone.

wangatang0830 likes this.
  7. Gargoyle242

Gargoyle242 Cunnin' Linguist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was gonna post the same question. I pixeled Yuna & Cecil(light) with my initial 2 rewards, and I'll probably do Tidus next, but I have Squall, Onion Knight, Batrz, Y'Shitola, & Shantotto, & another Cecil. Any of these that should NOT be pixeled?

8. MegatronG

MegatronG Active Member

User ID:
    Megatron
    ...yuna definitely yuna. Amazing for any combo team!! Blue hunter, kushi, anubis. All top tier leads.

9. Gargoyle242

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I said I already did Yuna. I was asking about the others.

10. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    The Void Awakening is also a lot easier to use as a predra/whatever high def Monster killer than Rainbow Def Pierce Awakening. You dot need to create a rainbow team and worry about having your monsters be unbound.

11. MegatronG

MegatronG Active Member

User ID:
    Megatron
    I ment do not pixel yuna..

12. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    It depends on priorities. Pixel Yuna is strong on Ameno, particularly because she can take Dragon Killers to help with one-shotting Radar Dragons (especially speaking for myself, as I got her but not Lightning or Cecil).

@Gargoyle242 What are you gonna do with Pixel Tidus? He seems kinda lackluster to me.

13. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I m gonna do pixel tidus and pixel rinoa coz i have 2 of each :D
    I'm still debatting for Sephiroth, although reading through i m currently leaning toward pixelizing him...

14. edale

edale Member

User ID:
    edale
    PADherder:
    link
    I must have missed an upgrade to Yuna's LS, last time I used my Yuna team it was a max of 144x.

15. supernoman

supernoman Active Member

Pixellate only for FF REM monsters?

16. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    They're currently the only monsters with pixel evos. But I think Echidna's maybe getting one?

17. MegatronG

MegatronG Active Member

User ID:
    Megatron
    All the healer girls are, it's confirmed, plus more awakening assists. Check it out, I think metatron will help alot for my ragdra team. I wonder if you can have a skill assist and a awakening assist. Or if they'll make you chose.

http://m.puzzledragonx.com/news.asp?nid=709

18. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Plus the RBG starter dragons :D

So now it's a farmable thing found in all the colors, if one chooses.

19. Gargoyle242

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just pulled a yolo Lightning(1st one)! I pixeled her immediately!

20. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I yolo vivi... I would also pixelize him?her? if I could.