Who to +297 next?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Zarturus, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Zarturus

Zarturus Member

User ID:
    329-473-207
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi,

I have two teams which I use regularly:

1.: Kirin-LMeta-Valk-Verche-Echidna-Kirin
    2.: LMeta-Valk-DXQX-Angelion-Shynee-LMeta

Max. plused are Kirin, LMeta and Valk.

I am now wondering what I could plus next.
    The perfect choice would be a card that fits into both teams. But I guess there is none.

My considerations so far are:

DXQX (for LMeta-Team)
    LKali (for Kirin-Team)
    LuBu (for my RoBu-Devil-Team)
    Echidna (for Kirin and sometimes LMeta)

My PAD-Herder Link is in my signature.
    Thanks for any help.
    Zarturus

2. IronH

IronH Paralysis by Analysis

I would pick LuBu. RoBu lineup is just as mythical descend worthy as Kirin team, and stronger than LMeta team.

3. mighty pen

mighty pen RaDra or bust

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I agree with IronH, although at some point decide to built an LKali team then that would work as both a good sub for Kirin and its own leader, but you kind of need a Fuma for her team to really shine. If that's something you do then it is a good plus egg target, and you'll probably find LKali can slot into some other teams as a sub as well.

4. Marth

Marth Villager B can fight too!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think LKali is a good choice. She can fit in both teams (in LMeta's case, she's just an extra precaution in case of orb troll or to clear a board full of jammers/poison). She's also a great leader on her own.

5. Zyhre

Zyhre Member

Personally, I vote Pandora...

6. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I am biased in favor of LMeta, so I have to point that despite what IronH said, high +egg LMeta destroys Descends (all of them). With +297 Valk and LMeta you're already in great shape--especially if they're max-skill also.

Anyway, if you want to work on that, then +297 DQXQ for sure--they are awesome, and they're only getting better with the ulti evo. Also, you'd want to replace Shynee with Sandalphon eventually. And I'd replace Angelion with a mini DQXQ, though the ideal monster for that spot would be a full DQXQ, Fuu, or Venus.

PS: Definitely don't +egg Echidna, especially since you have LKali.

7. Maaqa

Maaqa Member

8. Joshwa

Joshwa +297

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I vote LKali. Although, if you're open to advice, I'd feed Kirin to LKali, and plus egg Lubu. Definitely not a fan of egging Echidna fwiw.

9. Zarturus

Zarturus Member

User ID:
    329-473-207
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you very much for your opinions.

I think I made my decision and the winner is:

>LuBu<

The reasons for me are that
    1. Plusing DXQX doens't improve the LMeta team to a degree where it can take down noticeably more dungeons. Same for LKali and the Kirin Team. The LMeta team is mainly a farm team, for descendants I have Kirin anyways.
    2. With a LuBu team you can reliably farm King of Gods, LMeta can't.
    3. LuBu team is dark and a good alternative for mostly light dungeons.
    4. LuBu gives more PalPoints.

10. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Lu Bu's a fine choice, but because I like to pick fights, I will mention:

1) With LMeta + Valk hypermaxed, your LMeta team can probably already handle all the Descends your Kirin team can do. The one exception would be Hera-Beorc. With DQXQ hypermaxed, you could probably handle every Mythical with the LMeta team. But if your LMeta isn't skilled-up, it will be harder.

2) PS: With additional +eggs, LMeta can also handle King of the Gods.

3) There are a couple dungeons that screw with dark leads (Raph's dark absorb in Sandalphon Descended, or obviously Take Descended with no dark), but light leads can absolutely clear every dungeon.

4) A hypermax DQXQ could be a strong source of pal points after the ulti evo. Lu Bu will be more popular, but there are way more hypermax Lu Bu's already.

Also, your Lu Bu team will require more work to reach its maximal potential, whereas with light teams you already have a couple key +297s (LMeta + Valk...Kirin is useless on any team but her own). Personally, I like investing +eggs in monsters that work together so you can make 1-2 uber strong teams with lots of hypermax monsters.

Okay, finished arguing :)

11. Zarturus

Zarturus Member

User ID:
    329-473-207
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey MisterDrgn,

thank you for your replay. It made me think about it again and I agree with you that the LMeta team can be very strong and I normally like one hypermaxed team much better than two mediocre plused teams exactly like you.

The problem is that RoBu is so strong, that it feels kinda like cheating. A RoBu team with only two hypermaxed cards is probably as strong as a fully hypermaxed LMeta team.
    I think this is very sad and I really dislike Gunghos favor for devils, but it's the truth.

So I think I'll stick with LuBu although I'd like it much better to plus DXQX if only the teams had the same strength. :(

12. randomn0tion

randomn0tion Active Member

ain't that the truth.

seemingly every dark card getting devil sub-type + synergy is pretty ridiculous.

you could argue who even need any +eggs for a dark team. =p

may as well provide a little challenge for yourself right?

13. SNG^_-

SNG^_- Kirin oooooh kill'em!

i just want to chime in real fast:

What do you feel like playing? I think that is more important. Don't feel as if you have to go to RoBu simply for reasons of strength. I main Kirin and I still use her for pretty much everything. She is NOT the best. I have both a Hathor and LKali in the stable but I stick with what has gotten me this far and what I enjoy the most. You seem to have plussed so many monsters on the light side of that equation it would seem you're inclined to their teams at which point I would say L Kali. she is a leader, and a sub on both of your teams and she will also garner you plus eggs. DXQX isn't a bad choice either if you find yourself wanting to run that especially as these UVOs are rolling out. DXQX have a very strong community behind them too so it isn't a bad choice. Not saying LuBu is bad, he's great, just don't feel pinholed by the "meta". RoBu has its own problems too ie. what if your ronia gets bound? Rock what you love and go for it!

14. prem

prem ill learn to spell one day i swear

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

i mean with the third 297 ltron can beat basically everything besides uhh c9 and c10 no problem lol. its like just as braindead and prettier.

also use what you like not what is best imo

15. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    That's what I was saying. Low +egg Robu may beat low +egg LMeta in several situations, but I can't conceive of any dungeon where high +egg Robu wins and high +egg LMeta loses. Robu definitely has more weaknesses at that point.

Anyway, agreed on using what you like.