Why isn't Split Ruel A Top Lead?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Son_of_Poseidon, May 11, 2017.

1. Son_of_Poseidon

Son_of_Poseidon Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She is extremely similar to D Athena, but I don't see her on https://setsupad.wordpress.com

She can use Meimei like DAthena uses Haku... She can also use DAthena as a sub for an unbindable dark card for the RCV boost. Is it due to the low RCV of attackers and the 2.25x RCV compared to Athena's 4x?

I know she wouldn't be in the absolute top tier, but wouldn't she still be up there?

2. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    On a guess I'd say smaller subpool, lower ATK values, lower RCV (both in raw value and multipliers), and Athena's active being superior to Ruel's.

Worth a mention, but I think Ruel is ultimately inferior. The only perk Ruel has is no skyfall for better control vs damage absorb.

3. Son_of_Poseidon

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can see that, but I would think she would still be at least an honorable mention lead, lol.

4. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Not sure. She seems really good. Should at least be somewhere on the tier list.

The biggest drawback for me is her color. I love the no skyfalls though.

5. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
  6. SamS

SamS ham^_-

1) She's unbindable, but she doesn't cover dark. This means if the entire team is bound, you can no longer activate, unless you bring an unbindable dark sub (there aren't many unbindable green/dark attackers, so you'd need to bring an off color sub). Note there are many green binds in arena lol

2) As much as I love meimei, she's not as good as haku is. She has a ton of hp but close to no rcv, which means that even with an rcv multiplier it's ridiculously hard to heal back from hard hits. Another one of haku's selling points is that she's healer type, which allows her to take dragon killer latents. Meimei can't use any killers that are anywhere near as good as dragon

3) She's green. This makes dealing with hephdra much more difficult. Note again that none of her subs can take dragon killer latents to make this easier

7. TheSeiferOne

TheSeiferOne Demon Destroying Star Angel Event Manager

User ID:
    364 034 295
    PADherder:
    link
    ruel is best following the blind word of tierlists is the usual sheep behavior us top iqs will be ahead of the meta curve as usual

Gig, Trap and Arranging like this.
  8. 20matar

20matar Active Member

User ID:
    20matar
    She's a ok Lead, but not "top lead".

Weak against fire, unbindable but don't cover the activation color, poor awoken, limited subpool, inferior active, lost the prongs etc.
    ( we're comparing with top leaders here, she still a good card imo).
    Ilm for example have a similar LS and Rcv activation but is far stronger than her.

Again, just my opinion.;)

9. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Maybe Setsupad hates her new Evo.

10. Sparkle

Sparkle I like my subs bad.

User ID:
    Go beat the top dungeons with her and tell us why her evaluation is deserved or not.

Never cared about tier lists except to troll their followers.

RageSedai likes this.
  11. protoaddict

protoaddict Active Member

User ID:
    She herself is amazing, her sub-pool is abysmal. When Oichi comes out in the states she will be a must have for the team. The only crappy part is that you may legitimately may need 3-4 of them

12. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    I disagree. Mei Mei, Kaede, Vishnu are all really strong subs. Mei Mei is a green Haku and we all know how good Haku is.

She should easily be on the tier list imo.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  13. Fam-iel

Fam-iel Can't pull Leilan >_<

User ID:
    What about Split evo Rozuel? She's very similar to Ruel, with 2.25/56.25/2.25 as her multiplier.

14. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    not sure what subs she has? Leilan, assuming shes physical, isnt as good as Haku/Meimei in this type of team because shes row based.

15. Fam-iel

Fam-iel Can't pull Leilan >_<

User ID:
    REvo Hino
    ACC
    REvo Leilan
    Inahime (when she comes out)
    Xiahou Dun
    REvo Freyr
    Set
    REvo Ame No Uzume
    That's what I can come up with as of now. Pretty mixed set of subs, but a bit inferior to those of Ruel's.

16. philsov

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Inferior. Needs Inahime, imo. The R/G (or G/R) physical isn't too common or good; Awoken Susano's just kinda 'there'. And Meimei/Haku are better than Leilan because TPA is more friendly to 7c than rows. Still capable of clearing A3 if properly outfitted, imo.

Ruel can get by without Oichi better than Roz without Inahime. Awoken Astaroth is the only other unbindable G/D attacker (rows....) but there's plenty of G/D attackers.

17. Son_of_Poseidon

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Why is everyone so set on green/dark attackers? You could run a dark based team too especially with subs like DAthena (unbindable), DKanna, and Persephone...

18. philsov

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well... Ruel need one instance of dark attacker on the squad at minimum. Past that it's mostly just for damage optimization since Ruel's green herself. Running a dark-centric ruel team is like running a blue-centric D.Athena -- it could work, especially if your box supports one and not the other, but assuming perfect box one wants their team to be optimized which usually means the subs matching the leader.

Kushi (e.g.) can get away with an offcolor lineup because the nature of her damage doesn't need to leverage orb changers or enhanced orbs and the pool of green healers is terrible.

19. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    Meimei is ideal for the team. Not even sure why you would want to go with Dkanna, Dathena, Persephone over her.

Meimei vs DKanna - Meimei has a better active, better awakenings
    Meimei vs DAthena - Similar power level in active, Meimei has better awakenings
    Meimei vs Persephone - Meimei has better active, better awakenings

The question is why run dark centric when Meimei is ideal and Kaede/Vishnu are also good. A dark team wont be able to have the same OE, Prongs, 7c, fingers that a green centric team would have.

20. protoaddict

protoaddict Active Member

User ID:
    MeiMei is bindable and has low rcv, her active produces no hearts for you to take advantage of your boosted rcv stats.
    Keade is bindable and her active can erase dark orbs for your activation, also is a light sub
    Vishnu is bindable and is a green sub. His active is Meh for this list, especially since your lead is no skyfalls.

Oichi is unbindable, provides the dark sub, and has an active that provides a full board change to the 3 orbs you need, plus can remove awoken skill binds. None of the cards you listed are even in that same ballpark.