Will dark Athena stay relevant?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by slanted, Dec 6, 2017.

1. slanted

slanted Member

Hi, so I took a long break from pad and coming back I've been trying to find a new team to build. As far as dark Athena goes, I have majority of the cards necessary for the "ideal team" but either unevolved, in the wrong evolution etc. It'll take a while before I can finish everything so I was wondering if dark Athena will be relevant for long enough to warrent this investment?

I have 3 hakus, a loki, orochi, ryune, Lumiel, Indra, missing fujin and facet.

Thanks

2. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    depends on your other options.

if that's the best option then go for it.

3. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Would you have to buy her? That's the main investment.

For an optimal A3 team, I think you want either Fujin or Facet/a similar enhancer. So if that's your top priority, I believe you aren't quite there, unless the Dath meta changed.

4. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

You'll be able to farm the hell out of A1 and A2 but A3 will be a different story without facet and fujiin. You'll be able to find a friend proabably with one of those inherits on their lead but not both obviously. DAthena can still clear a lot of shit but for the most part is pretty behind the meta at this point. I have been using mine lately as a lead with the new typhon uvo as subs who I love because he hits almost as hard as Haku but you don't need to worry about the 7c. Also it bugged me how all of Dathenas original team ate hearts same reason why I actually played a green Kushi team

5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    DAthena doesn't really need Fujin for A3. One exception is when HeraDra spawns but that goes for almost all leads barring very few.
    Sopdet: Match 3-dark only when she is light, 3-dark + 1~3 off color combo when she is dark. Delay just in case of a bad skyfall.
    Parvati: Almost the same tactics as Sopdet but delay first so she can't screw your board, match 3-dark + 2~4 off color combo.
    Vishnu: Delay, 3-dark + 3-water and 1~3 combo (depends on OE) to go below threshold.

She does needs Facet or Carat to burst through NoahDra/GaiaDra/HeraDra though.

6. slanted

slanted Member

So should I hold off and consider my other options until I roll a carat? And aside from A3 is the team good enough to clear most other content these days (and preferably future content for awhile?)

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can't go run investing in any of those cards. Loki, Orochi, Ryune, Lumiel, and Indra all have excellent value across multiple teams.

8. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Sure, but if it's a question of buying Dath, she seems less worth it these days.

9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Good point, especially with Kulia (budget DAth!) in the Dragonbound + Dragon Caller REM.

10. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    I wouldn’t buy her. She’s way past her prime, and for 750k. There are plenty of other capable leaders from the REM.

You can farm A1/2 with Ryune or Haku.