Will it be difficult for me to come back?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by HoLLyWo0d96, Aug 10, 2016.

1. HoLLyWo0d96

HoLLyWo0d96 Member

I've been out of the game for about 3 yrs. I played everyday and had a lot of the top creatures needed at the time. Has so much changed that I should stay away due to information overload? I'm trying to find another fun mobile game, tried deck hero's not bad just a lot of grind, seems like people are kinda salty with the pay system there. Was thinking about summoner war but don't know. Any words of advice about playing pad again or any of the listed games would be great!

2. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

PAD is still nice, but you'll need some new cards for end game dungeons. Save (or buy) some stones to roll at godfest, read the new mechanics like heart cross leaders like Myr. I don't think it'll be hard to play pad again.

3. Taffy

Taffy Active Member

User ID:
    There will be lots of new things you'll have to get used to, but the newer features and mechanics will allow you to catch up quickly. There are players who just started a year ago that have already caught up to me (900+ days) in terms of progression due to co-op and the lower stamina clock and stronger cards to roll.

Only advice is to ask a lot of questions and consult padx a lot.

LotteryD likes this.
  4. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    The game has changed immensely in the past three years, but I don't know why that would be a reason to stay away. If new players can handle it, so can you.

Marioman95 and LotteryD like this.
  5. HoLLyWo0d96

HoLLyWo0d96 Member

Here's what I had when I left. Maybe someone can tell me how I fair and if this Meta is still relevant.

Attached Files:

6. HoLLyWo0d96

HoLLyWo0d96 Member

Can't forget my healer team. With what I have where is a good place to start? Screenshot_2016-08-10-23-27-24-1.png

Tux likes this.
  7. Jchunksgt

Jchunksgt nOOb

Summoner war is p2win, if that's ur thing it's pretty cool.

PAD 'might' be experiencing a slow down depending on who u ask.

8. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I would focus on Awoken Yomi or Bastet if I were you. Both will help you with a ton of stuff as you roll more and flesh out your box.

And I agree that puzzledragonx.com is your friend.

Murdurus and Reine like this.
  9. Dysdayn

Dysdayn C-c-combo (Non)Maker

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    How many games are you looking to play? There are several I think are top-notch, but PaD is awesome and I don't really want to steer you away from it.

10. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    oooh remember when shynee was the secret weapon in clearing high end stuff? good times.
    as long as you can still combo, i think youll be fine. with monday for rankups, co-op to get evo mats, and even leads ( myr and zaerog), easier to farm eggs, youll catch up in no time.

LotteryD likes this.
  11. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

MAN.....................
    THIS..................
    [​IMG]
    I see THREE GREAT CARDS HERE.
    You'll need to change/evolve them.
    Awoken Tsukuyomi (easy leader), Awoken Haku (great sub), Awoken Loki (boost, not that you need), Awoken Hades (from another team-gravity + 5s, useful for A.Tsukuyomi) and something else would be a good start.

[​IMG]
    Bastet is also strong to clear some dungeons you will need for the other cards, but this version is not that strong nowaday.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  12. HoLLyWo0d96

HoLLyWo0d96 Member

Here is what I have for dark that wasn't in a team. Can I do something with this? Where can I find today's meta with team builds? 2016-08-11 07.46.52.png

13. HoLLyWo0d96

HoLLyWo0d96 Member

14. momolatindisco

momolatindisco Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The biggest changes have been the implementation of optional co-op play for all Special and Technical dungeons, skill inheritance, the release of Awoken evolutions for different pantheons that require evolved version of Descend drops as evo food, and the addition of Monster Points that can be used to purchase cards from the MP store. They've also added quite a few new dungeon mechanisms that can ruin your day if you're unprepared for them. Overall, the game has had a lot of depth added to it.

You've got quite a few nice starting pieces and a few different playstyles you can persue.
    Combo lead: Awoken Bastet and Awoken Tsukuyomi both benefit combo skills (Yomi gives you more time extends to get them done)
    Heart activated: Awoken Parvati or Awoken Lakshmi (both have benefits...Parvati is unbindable, Lakshmi has a better active skill and more HP)
    Rainbow: Both Awoken Sakuya and Awoken Ra are capable of 100x ATK. I prefer Sakuya since she's easier to activate and also acts as an unbindable bind clearer, and ARa is one of the best skill inheritance donors out there, or even just as a utility sub.

I like the start you have with light and green subs so that's probably your quickest path to clearing more difficult content. Your first steps are probably figuring out which awoken evolutions to persue and seeing what you'll need to gather their evo materials.

Good luck and welcome back!

Murdurus and philsov like this.
  15. HoLLyWo0d96

HoLLyWo0d96 Member

Would it make more sense to just start over new? Seems like all the powerhouses from old really don't have an impact today. If I were to start fresh what God would I be trying to get to start with?

16. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nah, not really. You've got some good REM rolls under your belt and all you need to do is crest over the hump of hitting up some descends for awoken evo mats and you'll be back up to speed. If you start new you'll run into that same issue.

There is the case to be made for better net magic stone usage (as dungeon clearing and/or challenge modes is a finite supply of ~100 stones that you can recoup) now that the REM has removed all of the farmable trash so every REM pull is going to be mostly worthwhile (my starter was angelion :\), but you've already got a foothold on rank. I don't think it's worthwhile.

Still, starting anew after being gone for so long does have an appeal to it. I know I rarely restart games I've dropped midplaythrough at said save point, generally preferring to start a new file.

17. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wouldn't bother to start over, you have a pretty good starting point from where you're at. I'll just echo what others have been saying and A.Bastet and A.Tukuyomi are still pretty strong leaders although not the best. If I had to pick though, I think Yomi is a better pick with your options, having Haku available makes up the difference in team viability; Loki isn't half bad here either but not really necessary so if you can find more dark monsters with time extend or better orb converts, that would be preferable.

Your other option is A.Ra and Sakuya and Sakuya is better off here, being more flexible in terms of team composition as well as utility. If you want, A.Horus isn't bad at all either if you prefer a more flexible rainbow lead but his damage cap isn't nearly as high as Sakuya or A.Ra.

18. momolatindisco

momolatindisco Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There is very little reason to start over when the majority of the top tier monsters are either extremely rare 6* GFE REM pulls, gala exclusives or else MP purchases with the occasional farmable (Myr, MechaZeus, MechaHera) thrown in for good measure. You could reroll 100 times and not get one of the 6* monsters you covet, but if you grind rank and experience you'll eventually get to a level where your team will be able to farm MP on some of the Special Descended dungeons.

Reine likes this.
  19. HoLLyWo0d96

HoLLyWo0d96 Member

Question about decends. Back in the day hera was like the the very first decend to get you feet wet, once you got her then you could build other decks to go after Valk, and others. Is there a starting decend like that in today's meta?

20. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    Not really. Most descend drops are pretty much just Evo mats and the useful drops like Myr, mech Hera/Zeus, and zaerog need a strong coherent team to tackle.
    You can be carried for most of the mythical/legend descends by veterans and just gather stones for now and slowly build.