[WIP] All Things Sarasvati (Est. 2016.8)

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by sunglassesmichael, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    You really don't have enough orb changers to keep the blues coming. I'd recommend passing on Sarasvati for now.

2. CountAntonius

CountAntonius Member

Three team builds I am looking at.
    one
    two
    three
    Probably gonna Inherit something like hatsume on isis. here is my sub pool. I am leaning towards team one. Help?
    Sub list
    Nut
    Sumire
    Ryune
    Alrescha
    U&Y
    Sun Quan
    Hermes
    gabriel
    D valk
    Hatsume
    karin
    Orochi
    Isis

3. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Jeebus save us. Off a simple 2 active 3 row burst with 4 or 5 combos total (in a Water Enhanced dungeon mind you).

117,241,100 dmg with 12 +'s between my 5 monsters and a hypered friend

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    blackchaos26 and grinder like this.
  4. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
  5. CountAntonius

CountAntonius Member

How important would isis be on this team? Or could you forgo a bind clear? I'm torn between dumping Isis for Ryune or Inheriting Ryune on her.

6. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It depends on the dungeon.

Some Binds are merely an inconvenience, others are deadly.

In the case of deadly ones you either need a plan to avoid it, if possible, or a way to clear it up if it's inevitable.

Some inheritances are generally useful across a wide variety of dungeons, while other times they're specialized to attack the particular dungeon you're facing.

Inheriting Ryune onto Isis is one kind of general use case that lets you keep a Bind clearer in your back pocket while not entirely giving up a space for an orb change.

You do need to be mindful, of course, that Ryune's Skill isn't going to come ready just when you need to call on Isis' own Skill if you go that route.

Otherwise you could just drop Isis for Ryune unless you really need her.

I don't personally often bring Isis with me, though I only got Isis shortly before Yoyo came along and (temporarily?) stole a lot of my runs away from Sarasvati, and would nearly always prefer to just clear Binds via Andromeda and a heart row if I had the option.

(Not available to me in solo play, but I do take advantage of it in coop.)

7. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

User ID:
    [US] 375 256 244
    PADherder:
    link
    Looks really good. I've always wondered how these guides are built...now I see it starts in Excel/GoogleDocs...

I did notice that all the stats read "HP" (as opposed to ATK & RCV). I assume you've caught that, but if not...

8. VampyricTiddle

VampyricTiddle Lick Lick

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So, I am starting to work on my Saras team (aka Amon's Harem :::The Ultimate Husbando!)

I have checked a bunch of different team ideas but right now I'm sitting on:

Saras/A.Karin/Beach Navi/Xmas Ars Paulina/Amon for Coop
    Saras/A.Karin/A.Hermes/Alrescha/Amon for Solo.

Do these look ok?

My blue box kind of sucks and I admit I've rarely played it, but last god fest I rolled a Saravati and Boom It hit me I might be able to play that :3

Beyond the stuff mentioned above, I have Sumire, A.Isis, Hasume, Skuld, Gabriel, Sun Quan, and Hitsugaya. Since I'm not sure if my Padherder is updated or not :3

9. Orange Crush

User ID:
    You're coop team doesnt have enough orb changers and in both cases A.Karin is too slow and prob wont give you a workable board on her own to make it work. As far as "board changers go" Alrescha will do on her own eating up hazards. I would put Skuld in for Karin on both teams since while you have a fixer for Karin, on her own she isn't as good as Skuld. And consider Gabe over Amon but that could go either way. Honestly though, Andro/Gabe+Heartbreaker, even Hermes can make a monsterous boss board (though Hermes on his own will usually do it with minor planning).

On both teams I would include A.Hermes though. It gives you a little more freedom to burn a Sarasvati on getting a 12+ blue board and offers some protection from having your skyfall cycle broken by an enemies skyfall on top of usually being a single active burst.

10. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ha. No, I hadn't noticed that at all, actually. :bag:

I think a lot of people probably compose the guide elsewhere and then paste it into their threads, yes.

Actually, though, I'm intending to experiment with just hosting the guide in Google Docs and leaving the thread for discussion.

This can potentially allow for the stewardship of the guide to be passed along later which can't be done on the forum without making a whole new thread.

It's a test case, I guess. :p

11. Orange Crush

User ID:
    @axlpowa Sorry I'm late to the game but since you have an awesome blue box why not Sarasvati w/School Fairy Tale Girl, Dragon Swordsman or shield/delay, B.Escha, A.Hermes, Andro, flex. And use the unbindable leader badge for bind clear on your Sara, Escha, Hermes and Friend Sara should be able to keep your skyfall cycle going and give you much more frequent burst with some actual utility.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  12. Lunasu

Lunasu Member

User ID:
    Lunasu
    My current team is:

I chose to go with Awoken Hermes instead of B/D or B/L so I can have 5 OE awakenings for 100% enhanced skyfall. It also allows me to inherit Urd on Sarasvati for a second burst board while maintaining more or less the same amount of increased blue skyfall.

Awoken Orochi is there for defense break and since this team already has 12 rows, I don't think there will be any issues with burst. He also acts as a quasi 4-turn haste in case my actives dry out.

I'm having a lot of fun playing her and seeing huge numbers. Less safe then my BMyr team, but faster and more offensive playstyle.

13. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Since the average Sarasvati team had roughly 0 utility, I wonder if a team of Sumires, Mikasas and Alreschas can be worked into somewhat of a system

Also I'm loving the shit outta this team. Used her to beat some Descendeds I hadn't before, used her to crush Watadsumi and Zeus-Murcury to cap off the Aqua challenge, neither of which I think I've beaten before.

@Lunasu I wouldn't count "for defense breaking" as a justification for Orochi. Sarasvati makes things explode! Hitting 15-20m per sub (on an unplussed team) off a burst that does around 15-20m team total on Rodin/Shivadra makes "defense breaking" a non-issue

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  14. Aurelius

Aurelius Well-Known Member

User ID:
    345 170 218
    PADherder:
    link
    Help!
    I am working on Sara because I want to have a viable team of every color and because she looks fun.
    I am having a real problem figuring out what direction to go with her.
    If any of you kind souls would take a look at my box and let me know what you think would be best, I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks

15. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Not to be dismissive, but dont bother until all your subs are skilled, Sarasvati really needs them orbs.

Anyway, Andromeda, Orochi, Gabriel, Sonia. Use Orochi as soon as you burn an active or two as a pseudo-haste, because you dont really have good fast orb changers or enough subs with hastes.

But really, run A.SQxA.Hermes with Paulina, Orochi, Mori, and I dont know, Gabriel for RCV?

16. jakko

jakko Combo noobster

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Finally made my ult Sara..but realising something...my subs don't give me 100% sbr.. something Krishna never fails to give me.

17. Aurelius

User ID:
    345 170 218
    PADherder:
    link
    Not dismissive at all, I fully recognize that I have a lot of skilling up to do. Waiting for next Insect dragon rotation, etc.
    A couple of quick questions based on what you suggested:
    -Which Orochi did you mean? (I'm assuming awoken, but wanted to make sure as I have more than one)
    -Why Sonia over Skuld? Is it simply the expected number of orbs to make a row plus 2 combos?
    -You said no good fast orb changers, does Hatsume count?

Thanks

Edit-
    In the second part, you mentioned Hermes but I don't have him. I feel like, if I did, I would have been playing blue for a while now. Could you clarify.

Also, what about subs like Ryune, Mori, etc. that I always thought were exceptional but don't seem to make the cut?

Finally, I noticed the first lineup only gives 80% sbr. That seems rather troubling, no?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  18. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sara is getting buffed and will recieve a SBR soon, so no worries there.

19. Orange Crush

User ID:
    • Mori as is doesnt have enough Awakenings to justify him, once his ult comes out, maybe.
    • Sonia over Skuld because she has some utility in the bind clear awakening and the higher likelihood of getting a 100x board (maybe with 2 rows!) off a single active.
    • Use Awoken Orochi because by the time a regular Orochi is ready to use his skill you will probably be at the end of a dungeon, often against a status shield and unable to delay. And really, he is there because it'll let you kill trash floors with possibly 7 or 10 orbs using TPAs and your average cooldown is fairly high (I have 4, 5, 8 and 8 for my sub cooldowns).
    • Hatsume has low stats and meh Awakenings (including her meh Killers), though she does combo with Ryunne and Karin you will likely not be able to afford to use a long cooldown with a short cooldown.
    • Ryunne and Karin effectively give you an average of 1/3 Blue boards off 9 or 10 turn cooldowns and dont make Hearts, that is the same effective number of orbs as a 5 turn single orb changer (ok a little bit more since you will have already burned most Blues before using). While the Haste would help, it's not enough to offset their high cooldowns.
    • Right now, for me personally, Sarasvati is too orb hungry for much utility, and full SBR is kind of out the window unless you have Alrescha and Andro.
    Also, while many of your subs have high HP, most (except Andro, Gab and Hatsume) have relatively garbage RCV and stalling for skills when you can is SUPER important vs taking bigger hits.

I was suggesting using a friend Hermes to co-lead with Sun Quan. Not because it's an awesome team necessarily, but because it'll probably take you further than Saras will right now. Buuuuuuuut take everything I say with a grain of salt since I don't have a lot of the subs that I dont think would really work well on a her team.

20. Aurelius

User ID:
    345 170 218
    PADherder:
    link
    @Orange Crush Thanks for the explanations. I've generally played more tank-y teams like Ronia then Luci so I don't havea good gut feel on what subs a glass cannon like Sara requires.

Just a minor correction, not sure who you were thinking of but Ryune makes water, dark, and heal. I'm not sure if that changes the calculus that much.

One last question, in the absence of anything better, are dupes of Andro or Gabe worth it in your opinion?