[WIP] All Things Sarasvati (Est. 2016.8)

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by sunglassesmichael, Aug 9, 2016.

1. manaphy

manaphy Active Member

Hi,
    I actually play:
    Sara, SumUrd, Blonia, Barbarossa, Aisis, Sara,

According to my padderder, is something better to do? I have rcv, and HP issues, is it a sarasvati property to have this problems? or Am I too much used to Myr?

thx for the help.

2. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Your team lacks focus. You have a middling amount of of OEs, Rows and TPAs which will lead to middling damage and a lack of a plan to use your orbs. Blonia is also not that great of a sub in her own right, her complete lack of RCV is really hurting you and her cooldown is up too early yet only useful once a dungeon. Inherit her active onto A.Isis if you must, but even her sub slot is shaky. As a glass cannon you are already limited in the dungeons you can run, it's a lot easier to add 'unavoidable and crippling bind' dungeons to that list than it is to accommodate for it.

Next up, Barbarossa; either add Orochi and Sun Quan and go TPAs or get rid of him, if you go TPAs though, you will be using those all those Delays like Hastes to stall for skills most of the time, so be careful of using them when a Sarasvati skyfall is active or you may just end up wiping the floor.

If you are going to get rid of him, then train and skill up Gabriel and go Rows like you mean it, reincarnate Kamui as a faster orb changer, get Mori into fighting condition.

My experience with Sarasvati is you'll usually die because you dont have enough Blue Orbs to sweep the floor, that means max skilling your subs are the most important thing to be doing.

3. Lunasu

Lunasu Member

User ID:
    Lunasu
    I've been running:

Saras(A.Hermes)/Andro/Gabriel(5xRCV)/Sumire/Blonia/Saras

Team has a lot of physical subs, so I am sitting at 32K+ HP hypermaxed. With Gabriel on the team, I have no issues healing up. Plus, I have 3 subs that can produce hearts along with blue orbs, so I rarely have issues with healing back up.

I like to use Sarasvati for simple dungeons and descends with no annoying mechanics. Also love watching the silly numbers with 3 rows + some skyfalls.

4. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She doesn't help RCV wise; but she's nice for her HP.
    For RCV you kind of want Andromeda; she's really the perfect sub for Sarasvatti.

5. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is not the first time I'm seeing Saras[A.Hermes]; and I do have a very dusty A.Hermes; how does those two play together?
    Do you use it mostly at the beginning?

I would assume that in the middle of a 'semi to long' run (7+ floors) you kind of want to ping-pong between each Sarasvatti, no?

6. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

I think Bonia is one of the best Sarasvati subs. HP is arguably more important than recovery, especially for something like Arena. You need to hit certain hp thresholds to tank preemptives. Her active is on a sufficient CD, particularly if you have haste subs or delay. She has an OE awakening which is helpful to get to 100% OE when used on a team with Alrescha or A Isis.

7. honestrade

You typically have so many SBs that you can use your friends Sara first, then use A Hermes on your own Sara. If you have hastes and/or delay you can repeatedly use just one Sara.

8. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i guess with just one haste, it's enough to sustain 100% skyfall :)
    Sadly, the only two good haste blue subs I have are:
    - Rukia (freaking awesome, but not too suited for Sarasvatti ;-) -- Although I could try a TPA Sarasvatti build)
    - A.Karin -- which doesn't combo too well with other orb changers. (i.e: Beach Urd + Andro is a lot better :))

9. Orange Crush

User ID:
    @honestrade @kandjar

Blonia's active is worse than all the other single active bursts (half Blue boards). Sitri, Scheat, and Hermes are on 8-10 turn cooldowns and Mori has 2 turns haste at +2 turns cooldown which is a WAY better deal for Sarasvati. And hazard clearing-wise Scheat and Mori still have that covered.

HP-wise, there's a boatload of high HP Water monsters. Assuming you have options you are probably better off re-working your team to hit an HP threshold than running Blonia. After all, Scheat, Mori, Skuld, Orochi, Sumire, Barbarossa all clear 4k and Andro and Amon are right up there too. And they for the most part have better Actives/Awakenings for a Sarasvati team than Blona (obviously not all on the same style teams). And while I didnt mention her, running the ever lovely A.Isis for her 15% damage reduction as necessary provides more effective full team HP AND equally useful Awakenings on top of being a bind clear and a great option to inherit Blonia if she MUST be on the team.

I dont know, maybe she is good, but I'm unconvinced she is worth it.

10. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Reading the first paragraph of your comment; i was considering your positon on the matter.
    I am myself debating about replacing B.Sonia by Mori (as being discussed here). I just have a conflict of interest :)

Then I read the second one; and your argument kind of fell apart imho.
    From what I'm reading (forgive me if I misunderstood you): you're saying that both Skuld and Amon are better options than Blue Sonia????
    I really disagree here; I do have both Amon and an hypermax Skuld (compared to my un-egged Blue Sonia); and in general: B.Sonia >> either one of the two.
    Skuld provide 1/3 blue + no row; leaving you with with Kamui (which isn't that great and whose skill cannot be inherited) or Hermes to convert green to water; considering hermes will change the rest of the orb in blue; it s not even a valid combo here.
    And Amon is by no mean a board refresh replacement.

Amon has potentially two niche use on this team:
    1 - If the dungeon has a lot of machine type bosses; then Amon is great
    2 - You need to clear blinds -- Inheriting a blind clear on Amon is definitively a valid option.

To be honest I probably don't personally need B.Sonia on my team; I'm still playing around with it.
    But as a board change; she's really is a great sub for Sarasvatti.

PDF3 likes this.
  11. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Amon is still a 3 row orb change with another niche use of downing gravity+heal resolve mobs like Zera and probably others. Not a stellar sub, but as I'm saying, neither is Blonia.

Skuld is strong on TPA and OE teams (and not *terrible* on rows), but her active plus mainstays like Nut or Sara herself should reliably get you to minimum 9 orbs (prob up to 12 for 3 TPAs or Row plus 2 matches) and provides more hearts than a typical Gabe or Andro active at 1 more cooldown. Either way, easy 6-12 million off one active in any team barring really bad luck.

But I digress, I'd run Mori for rows or inherit Blonia onto Isis if you need the active. But my experience with Sara is one of failure when I don't have the actives to get Blues on the board, not of not doing enough damage. To that end, faster cooldowns are king.

12. honestrade

Well its just my opinion but I prefer Bonia to Mori. I have both hypered and am currently running both in my team but Mori is going away after the Alrescha uvo is released.

The only thing Mori has over Bonia is a better active, making him a prime candidate for SI. Bonia has better stats, and she has better awakenings imo. The extra two row enhances aren't really needed as the top end damage is already more than sufficient. I prefer an extra finger, bind recovery, and OE.

Amon is a far worse sub than Bonia imo. CD is far too long for a single orb change, and he overlaps with Andro.

kandjar likes this.
  13. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Amon doesn't fill the same Niche as Blonia. I'll only commit to saying he isn't terrible on a Sarasvati team. Neither is Blonia for that matter.

I'm just saying if you *have* to run a bi-colour board change. Mori is better and easier to access than Blonia and pretty much every other option has better if fewer stats. And if you can help it, neither Mori or Blonia are very good on their own. You're better off going with the consistency of quick small Blue creators or inheriting either of them onto A.Isis or other fast utility sub since they will likely only be able to be used once either way.

14. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    So hey guys, Im late to the Sarasvati party, trying this one out, what do you guys think?

Saras/Sumire/Sumire/Nut/Alrescha

I'm not sure if I shouldnt inherit something on my Saras since with the haste I can spam friend saras skyfall no problem.

16 OEs, 4 rows from the leads, and two TPAs on Nut, but 9 fingers is nice, full SBR, sub Awoken Isis for Nut for bind clearing if necessary. Full hyper would give me like 30k HP, plus 5 heart OEs ensures all hearts fall enhanced. Sumire->Alrescha gives a nice spike board for a sub boss, and inherit a bicolor on Saras for spike? Thoughts?

15. Orange Crush

User ID:
    I'm planning on running roughly that same team and inheriting Mori onto Sarasvati

16. honestrade

I'm not sure that concentrating on OE is the way to go, although having 3 haste subs is nice particularly with Nut in short CD. I feel like its best to try to get 8-10 rows and then fill in from there with TPA and OE. You already have 4 rows between the Saras. When you go for a big burst you're likely to be making rows as well. Not sure how your burst will be with limited rows and TPAs as your orb conversion may not create many enhanced orbs. It's probably enough burst for most things especially with skyfall but I'm not sure as I've never played a OE focused Sara team. Seems like rows is more reliable but its just my opinion.

kandjar likes this.
  17. Orange Crush

User ID:
    With the team he mentioned he will quite reliably hit 1-2m per sub in plussed. It's a more consistent build with a higher floor but lower ceiling. It makes for an easier farm build and the harder content that needs the comical bursts is usually out of Saras' reach anyway.

Personally I like Saras a lot to the point of having two team slots, my haste sys version and my Andro/Gabe/Nut/Alrescha or B.Valk version

honestrade likes this.
  18. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    That is exactly what I have noticed. Not taking this team into arena or anything, but it is fun to play. Cleared a few descends with it today just to play around. Spike board with sumire->alrescha was hitting 3-5 mil per sub with two rows and a few combos. Kind of what I expected, not an endgame team, but definitely fun. Not the crazy damage I was seeing with the row based build but different playstyle. I would say the haste build would work better for longer dungeons, I was able to clear extreme endless on the first shot. Short dungeons, why not bring the row build and just pop an active every floor and watch each card hit for 10 mil.

19. honestrade

Yeah the nice thing about Sara is it's easy to mix and match subs depending on what you need, and there are a variety of team comps that can be successful - haste, row, TPA, etc. I do think that end game content is within her reach - maybe not all of it but similar capability to YY.

On my second try I was able to clear Arena pretty easily with Sara. I got some lucky spawns (Thoth, Kagu, Stratios, Sonia Gran, Hera-Is), and DQ Hera would have been death, but overall is was a quick and smooth run. One shot Kali with a 5 combo (2 row, 1 TPA, no skyfall) off of a Bonia board for a point of reference on damage.

IMG_2018.png IMG_2019.png

Orange Crush likes this.
  20. CountAntonius

CountAntonius Member

My subs:
    Hermes, Nut, Valk , Isis, Amon, Blodin, Sumire X3, Gabriel, U&Y, SQ, Alrescha, Hatsume, Kirin, Orochi, Ryune

Plenty of good subs for all kinds of teams but not really sure where to go with it.