[WIP Guide I guess] 7x6 crosses shenanigans with Ult Karin Kanzuki from Street Fighter collab

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by YamaKyu, Feb 17, 2019.

1. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Akantor equip is stupidly good yup x)
    It's a shame GIGA hunter lacks both a SBR and actual HP (4,7k at lvl110+297, even CIEL hunter -which is a healer- has more HP :hilarious:), because triple jammer resist is amazing for resisting the bombs.

On a side note, with the 2 poison resists, Zinogre equip might be an interesting option now. That is if anyone is crazy enough to be willing to turn such an amazing sub into a weapon x)

Tetedeiench likes this.
  2. Tetedeiench

Tetedeiench Active Member

Zinogre equip doesn't have a skill charge. You'll then have a 24 turns Fujin skill, which is really, really bad :( Especially since stalling isn't Karin's forte.

I'll never go down that route :D

YamaKyu likes this.
  3. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    *All Might face*
    Always go for Zinogre sub
    Never go for Zinogre equip, only villains do that

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  4. Tetedeiench

I just wanted to share my training arena build :

Karin (Rathios) / NY Yomi (Saria) / Christmas Floof (Saria) / Amen (Sagat) / Leveling / Karin (Karin)

As for teambuilding (to be criticized) :
    • NY Yomi and her 7c is doing a lot of work here. Hard to replace (TE, short active i guess, except with Christmas floof...)
    • Floof can be any good light sub for Karin. She's just great, and i happen to have both yomi and floof.
    • Amen is staple for inheriting a def break on him and short CD, and lots of TE. I love TE.
    • Sagat is to be used on Tamadras. Can be any def break.

Easy to remember rules :
    • Be liberal with your actives. Use karin first, she charges quickly and you probably will be able to use her twice. If you use both karin early, you have 6 actives to use for 8 floors (i don't count masks, lits and tamadra). Should be enough.
    • Saria's haste helps, but not mandatory if you stall when you can.
    • If a floor has a 2 or more turn before attacking, or if you can tank a hit, tank it and clear the board without killing. Saves an active.
    • Don't stall once you used sagat. One shot things.
    • Starting from floor 5 : 2 crosses and 7 combo minimum.
    • Floor 9 , 10 and 11 : use an active and 3 crosses to be safe. Floor 9 can be cleared with 2 crosses and lots of combos depending on your team, if you have to choose.
    • Ping the mask/lits down. Mass attack or crosses of light and red every turn, especially the first turn. Easy stalling.
    Easy exp :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    YamaKyu likes this.
  5. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Thanks for posting your strat ! I figured I should make a dedicated section about that on the main post but you burned me in the process :> I'll elaborate on it and add it to the main post.
    If I recall correctly @kandjar was trying to tackle it with Karin Kanzuki, so this might be helpful to them ~
    I think I'll make a new section on the main post about the Arenas 4, 5 and training arena. Might be useful to people.

On a side note !

Yu Yu Hakusho collab evos and buffs are live !

I'm surprised we're getting it before the 7th anniversary buffs but eh, can't complain about that since this collab has the best VDP subs for Karin Kanzuki that are not Xmas Ilmina.
    If you want a quick reminder about which card you should be chasing, here you go :

Now with all of that said : you shouldn't really care too much (if any) about YYH collab REM pulls if you have Xmas Ilmina, tbh. She brings more value overall than all the great YYH cards. YYH cards are great for VDPing stuff, but Xmas Ilmina is very good at this too, and she brings additional value with her great HP, awakenings and board change. Arguably Shinobu Sensui almost has as much value as her, but I think she's still better.
    Also if you have any of Yusuke, Kuwabara or Sensui, you arguably don't need to pull to get another one. I said it million times already but their added value lies in VDPing stuff. If you have already have one of these boys then you already address VDP, and trying to get another one might be too much commitment for little added value, so maybe save your stones for another collab.
    Just my two cents though :>

Last thing ! When the collab dungeons goes live on monday, don't forget to get yourself at least one Puu equip ! It's extremely good, you really want one ! I missed the opportunity to get one last time YYH came. I'll probaly try to make 2 or 3.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  6. Tetedeiench

Feel free to elaborate on what I said - It has lots of room for improvement.

Yamap rolled MH for buffs, and guess what, he pulled zinogre ! I wonder how he'll be buffed. Stats ? LS ? Who knows.

7. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Yeah I saw that ! Lucky for us ! I have no idea of what we can hope but tbh Zinogre is already pretty darn great in itself so what to hope for ? I genuinely wonder. More HP is 100% welcome, be it base HP or team HP+ awakening (this awakening is acrually really really good). Maybe super finger to replace one of the vanilla fingers ? Tbh Zinogre is already so good I fail to think of an intersting buff that isn't just more HP or matching time.
    Though I'ld 100% take it :>

8. Tetedeiench

We'll see !

I replaced amen with kuwabara for farming training arena - it's 100% success rate. I use him on the Tamadra floor, saves his orbs, and go forward to victory.

I wonder if I'll just dump pii in hexazeon. I don't see myself running his dungeon over and over. Perhaps if he's featured in a quest dungeon, but otherwise...

Congrats on your C10 clear btw :)

YamaKyu likes this.
  9. Tetedeiench

Got sensui :) I'm so happy :)

YamaKyu likes this.
  10. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255

Good call on using Kuwa for training Arena, I totally see how god he must be for it ! I usually Ilmina for the very same purpose (one stone two birds wombo combo you get the idea ha ha).

I kinda recommend you to up an Hexazeon yeah. Using pys for him is a legit reasonable way to go about this. Actually Hexazeon was a key sub for my strat to beat march C10, because I needed 44 200+ HP else I couldn't do it. I think I'll make another one when it'll be available in a monthly quest too ~

ooooooooh ! Nice ! I got a random dark gold card that makes jammer, fire and dark. Irrelevant for Karin o/

ZINOGRE BUFF.
    → +500 HP (also ATK/RCV, but we really don't care)
    → +0.5secs of matching time
    → +1 SB o/

[​IMG]

Also LS buff :9

Tetedeiench likes this.
  11. Tetedeiench

Wow, he's going to be amazing :) I have to admit i'd like the buff more if they lowered the color requirement (like activate at 4 colors), but a buff is a buff :)

12. Tetedeiench

I was wondering if, for training arena, i should use my cookie cutter build : Karin / NY Yomi / Christmas Ilmina / Kuwabara / Leveling spot / Karin , or if i should transition rainbow using Karin(red light) / Zinogre (green) / Sensui (dark) / Hexazeon (blue) or Amatsu (blue) / leveling / Karin.

The first one is consistent, as Kuwabara's skill is always up when it matters and stays up for the whole dungeon. The latter uses sensui's guard break, but is dependant on a rainbow board for high defense enemies, which is 99% the case in 7x6, but still.

The first one has also more offensive actives (zinogres takes a while to charge).

Which one would you prefer ?

13. Tetedeiench

The second team lacks time extends. I'll stick to the first one :)

14. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I always went without a guard break AS because I had Ilmina, but if I had to pick between the two I would pick the awakening because its usefulness goes beyond just the tama floor ~ But yeah, it's not 100% guaranteed, and if the team is not good don't bother :9

15. Tetedeiench

Mmmmh, shiny new paimon is karin-like, with a shield.

He's missing the 7x6 part though :(

As for pairing, he activates off light and dark crosses - too bad.

Ilm is a ok-ish vdp, even if getting crosses out of a bicolor is tough.

YamaKyu likes this.
  16. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    New Paimon reasonably doesn't need the 7x6 actually (good shield means you don't need to rely on VDP nearly as much as other fragile leads), but can definitely benefit from it. Is it good for Karin tho ? I wonder. I'll try the pairing a bit to see how it feels ~
    A good board change for this pairing would be either Gadius (nice) or Rei Kotomine (better, fate collab). Fire/Light/Dark boards are surprisingly rare ? These are the first that comes to mind, but there might be more.

I wouldn't recommend using Ilm unless one lacks other option (would be fair, most good VDP subs for Karin are quite high rarity) for the reasons you pointed out, also no finger is sad. Good inheritance base for a one-time AS though I guess, the HP is ok and 3 SB is definitely something Karin Kanzuki can make a good use of.

Tetedeiench likes this.
  17. Tetedeiench

What do you think about a Nemain pairing ?

25% shield with a 5x for 5combo, plus 3x for each cross of fire, light, wood.

Weak stats though, but still...

18. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Ult Nemain looks actually very nice to pair Karin Kanzuki indeed. Her stats are still ass, her AS is still too niche to be called useful, but her LS surely shines in a 7x6 environment.
    It's about as good as Kenshin because on one side you get more LS damage thanks to being able to match wood cross and base x5 for 5c, but on the other you get an actual unit that serves an actual purpose with actual stats and an actually nice active skill.
    Kenshin is still probably better, but Nemain is very likely far far easier to get because she's a """"""5* GFE""""""" not restricted to a collab.

19. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I need to update the post with the new Nemain ult, I'll probably do it when we see the rest of the Shaman King cards ~ Nothing really stands out so far, but Chocolove's equip form looks very nice. The damage boost is pointless, but what do I see ? 5 turns x1.5 matching time ? Sign me in