[WIP Team Building] Awoken Lakshmi

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by EoTN, Apr 26, 2015.

1. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Amberjack! He pairs with Karin for a 2/3 water, 1/3 hearts board! Surprisingly for a farmable card, he's actually an ideal sub for Lakshmi!

2. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

PandaHair and IAmRyan like this.
  3. PineapplePencil

PineapplePencil New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yikes I'm lacking an andro for my team :C

Which team should I go for?
    Lakshmi / Karin / Amberjack / Gabriel / Gabriel
    Lakshmi / Karin / Amberjack / Gabriel / Skuld

4. Ryeee

Ryeee Well-Known Member

Whatever's more closer to max skilled? Next condition for me is getting row count up so I'd prob do 2x Gabriel.

5. PineapplePencil

PineapplePencil New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  6. maherd

maherd Bearded Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hello all. I have Lakshmi, Bonia, Gabriel, Hatsume, Amberjack as a current and Hermes who I can put in after alt uvo comes. How good is that current or future team compared to those that include Andro, Karin or Skuld? Can I do some descend farming with what I have if I have only a couple +297s? Thanks.

7. Wishy

Wishy SHRAPNEL

Lakshmi teams beating Arena are pretty much your regular Lakshmi team but they use BOdin or some kind of enhancer over some defensive sub/orb changer.

8. Iggysenza

Iggysenza Active Member

I probably have a great team somewhere in here:
    Lakshmi
    Summurd
    Andro
    Gabriel
    Karin
    Hatsume
    B Meta (Utility bind clear/hella RCV)
    I&I (lol)

Amberjack and Awilda are farmable, can get those whenever.

9. Snowflake

Snowflake Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    id go burd andro gab aj if u had it skilled

Iggysenza likes this.
  10. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Hello and welcome! You have a pretty solid setup there, definitely good enough to run descends with. Not sure exactly how as I STILL don't have a stupid hermes... grumblegrumble...

As far as how well the team stacks up, Bonia/Gabe is just behind Awoken Karin, but both Bonia and Gabe are due for buffs, so that could change soonish... plus four months for those changes to hit NA...

As far as lacking Andro, it IS a bit worse off, but not but much, especially with Hermes' extra rows and Amberjack's AS serving as a suitable replacement. You come out ahead in terms of HP if that's any consolation.

All in all, the team you outlined is very capable of taking on harder content, especially with plusses. It's slightly less ideal than A Karin/Amber, but will without a doubt be able to do anything that she could do just as well. There's no point comparing which pairing is better when both overkill things by a LOT. And if it makes you feel any better, I personally run Bonia/Gabe on my team, and it works just fine.

OK, You've got a couple of options here. Your biggest decision is what pairing you choose to run, either Karin/Amberjack or BUrd/Andro. They're about equal overall, Karin's awoken form edges BUrd out slightly, but Andro will eventually get a split uvo or an awoken, so they're pretty much neck and neck. So, choose one of these.

If you choose BUrd/Andro, I advise you to run Gabe and flex as your two other subs. Flex being BMeta, Hatsume, or amberjack for a third double orb changer. (Having 3 makes farming much less stressful, I run 2, Andro and Gabe, and when you get close to the end of a dungeon you have to start saving gabe for the Bonia combo, so you effectively only hae 1 orb changer for the last few floors should you need it. You would have 2, which is nice and calm.)

If you choose A Karin/ Amberjack, I advise you to run Andro/flex. Flex being the same as above, just swap Gabe for Amber in that case.

Personally I would run whichever you have the most skilled up already. Amberjack's also a pita to skill, so there's that as a factor as well. Either way, best of luck!

(Ninja'd by Snowflake... D'oh!)

Iggysenza likes this.
  11. Alesund

Alesund Member

So what's the verdict on Beach Awilda, is she worth rolling for? On color, 5 orb enhance, 30% shield on 5 turn cooldown (after buff). Seems decent enough to me.

I also just realized she's an attacker so I could use her on a Shinji&Kaworu team if I decide to try to make one.

Edit: I also managed to finish hypermaxing Andromeda during 3x normals, so that's cool. I haven't decided who to work on next since the other subs in my current lineup (Skuld/Kamui/Gabriel) are subject to change.

12. mengkage

mengkage New Member

Just used her to complete the Hera Challenge so I would say she was worth the 5 stones for me at least.

13. maherd

maherd Bearded Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the thoughtful response @EoTN. That's what I wanted to hear.

14. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

She's probably the best blue shield for blue in NA, you get a LOT of bonus damage from her 5 OEs, her shield will eventually make her OP, whenever we end up with a massive water preemptive. 30% every 5 turns means you can use her 2 -3 times a dungeon, and more if you're stalling a lot. All in all, very good.

As far as rolling for her... I couldn't tell you. Depends where you're at. She's worth it if you get her in like, 5 rolls? IDK. She's the rarest of the 4*s, the Chinese are about a 12% rate with her at about 9%, give or take. If you're rolling for a rarer card, you'll probably end up with her, but I don't know if I can in good conscience advise rolling in this REM... If you end up with her, she's worth it. Otherwise, it's double the insult...

Ehhh, someone else who likes U13! Maybe that'll have to be my next guide...

You COULD 297 Kamui, so there's very little regret if you later feed him off. I would advise just stockpiling +s, just keep the eggs on fodder cards until you get something worth plussing. *Shrugs* I have like, 1 hypermax total, so I'm not the best for + advice.

Just checked you Padherder, maybe Karin? A.Karin/Amberjack is a generally a better pair than Skuld/Kamui.

Glad to help, any time!

15. Alesund

Alesund Member

I've saved up 104 stones since the PCGF. I'm not saving for anything in particular so maybe I'll roll a little bit and see what happens.

I've been wanting to do something useful with it since I rolled it the first time we got the collab. I also got Misato and her usefulness is very clear with the new uevo, but Unit 13 doesn't have a place yet. I'm thinking he's one of the cards that's made/buffed with the future in mind (blue attackers and machine types in general).

That's the combo I was planning on but I still have a ton of work to get it in shape. I'm waiting for Friday so I can get some dub-sapphilits to evo him but he's still not skilled up at all (still have to collect the billion saphilits this will take) and I don't have the bubpys for when we get Awoken Karin, either. I'm currently at 2 and debating whether or not to use them on Awoken Isis or wait for Karin. She can use the blue jewels when it the skill gets changed but skilling from an invade would be an absolute nightmare.

16. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

That's why I rolled. I have the components for 4 very endgame teams, and zero reason to roll fr anything except for dupe Chinese gods and GFEs, so I broke my non IAP streak and grabbed a pack. 5 Golds, 2 Chibi liliths, both heras, and a Ronia. I wanted the ronia and dark hera, so not too terrible, but still disappointing overall. I did get my first haku and genbu for Athena though, so woo0oo0o0oo000o flipping hoo. 3 Awildas, gonna keep them all for the lulz of having 15 OEs on a single team.

All in all, disappointed. If you roll a Summer Panda, do me a favor and don't tell me...

Blue attackers are almost a thing, all they need now is a leader. There's some strong options like SS Isis for bind clear, A.Neptune for poison; Uvo Hermes, Shinji, wiz merlin, and Rei (FoTNS) for orb changers; Ruka for heartmaking;U13 and Neptune as bursts; A.Karin, SummUrd and Sha wujing as board changers; and Awilda for a shield. Plus a crapton of JP only options.

All we need is a good leader, with shinji's 2.5x burst, it doesn't need to be a crazy high multiplier either, personally, a 2.3 or 3x with an HP boost would be awesome.

It's a lot easier than skilling her with chasers trololol

17. Alesund

Alesund Member

I decided to roll. First two rolls were chibi sakuya and chibi lucifer (troll gold), both of which are dupes from the Christmas REM. Third roll was Awilda so now I'm done.

18. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Not if you want to run Anubis it isn't :p At least for starting out. I actually sort of wanted him, I'd trade you a chibi Lilith for him XD

Gratz! Easily worth the 15 stones IMO, though probably not much more than that. Be glad you got her cheap!

19. psilo

psilo Active Member

I started building my Lakshmi team recently and currently running Lakshmi/Hermes/Urd/Bodin/Sharon. By no means perfect team and it still needs lots of levels but so far I'm enjoying it alot. Anything else in my box I should level up for Lakshmi? Amberjack is something I probably need to farm when the EU gets the bowl dragons again...

20. Alesund

Alesund Member

He is going straight to the MP store when we get it.

Now I get to start the titanic task of skilling her up. This coin dungeon rotation only lasts 5 more days so I don't have a whole lot of time, at least the next event is 2.5x skill up chance.