[WIP Team Building] Awoken Parvati Guide

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Flaycrow, May 29, 2015.

1. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I had time. Decided to try my hand at the Arena again, with Parvati.

Went in with this team:

Parvati.Freyja, RagDrag.Ishida, Kaede, Verdandi, Vishnu.Susano, Parvati.Thumbelina

Went pretty smooth up to 15. Tama floor was easy. I had my unbind friend active up. Used and killed. Stalled a while on the wood Shieldra. Resisted the skill bind from Light Kagan. Then on 15 I got Parvati.

She kept giving me boards that would let me do too much damage. I broke up all the hearts into 3s and the wood into 3s and slowly ground her down. Saved a few hearts for the other turn. Repeated. Then shielded and killed after knocking below 30%.
    [​IMG]

Grisar was easy. He erased my shield. Then I blocked his poison. Then I killed him.

I got Vulcan who is the easiest spawn for Parvati, because he can't do anything strong enough to kill me at full HP. Ground to get my shield back up. Then killed him and moved on after about 8 turns.

I got Lifive. My shield was not up for a possible DQ Hera. I had 4 turns left on it. So I just stalled a turn and healed. He hit me hard and I was just barely able to live through it. Then I activated Ishida, Kaede, which gave me 3 hasty skill charges, and then used Susano. Killed Vishnu with the full board of wood and hearts.
    [​IMG]
    That picture shows RagDrag doing almost 12 million (9x damage from twin killers). He earned his spot on the team for sure on this floor.

I got Hera-Is for 19. Susano was up. So I stalled a couple more turns to get Kaede up again. I killed her after knocking her low enough I could kill her with a natural board, saving actives for 20.

Who do I get? D.Kali! Woohoo!
    [​IMG]
    Used Verdandi, Vishnu, and Kaede in that order, and got a very nice board.

Matched this into 7 combos and 4 wood matches (3 TPAs left side, top right, mid right and a 3 match on the bottom).
    [​IMG]
    Damage was through the roof. Yes, you are seeing that correctly. RagDrag did over 55 million. Wow. He earned his and a couple others' spots with that. They did 45 million, which is respectable, but he did more than the others put together. She died first turn.

Got a bubpy. The damage boost from Freyja was still up and since he was blue he got another double damage. Easily broke it and beat the Arena with Parvati for the first time.

2. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz 12 extra skyfall combo past a damage shield

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't understand how i can be doing so badly for this ranking dungeon, it's so bad it's funny.

When i'm not fucking up my combos on my own, skyfall is just ruining my day, and what is with the need to have so many fights in these with pre-emptives to eat your time? Glorious lack of predras aside. I just can't seem to have 5 hearts and 4 wood on a board naturally to save my life.

Flaycrow likes this.
  3. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
  4. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Parvati, still OP

5. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She still sucks.
    [​IMG]
    Oneshot Legendary+

6. Miromesnil

Miromesnil New Member

User ID:
    Hi all!

Out of curiosity, is anyone going to drop Parvati as a lead with the release of Ult Kaede in (likely) a few days? Parvati is still my favorite aesthetically, but I'm struggling to think of a situation where she would be a better lead than Kaede... even after the buff she's about to receive :(

I always keep my Parvati in my active slot, but I feel like I'll probably be more popular if I start leaving Kaede up.

Those of you who are going to play Kaede, what team are you planning to use? I was gonna go Kaede, Vishnu x2, Verdandi, Parvati. Ideally I'd replace the Vishnus with dupe Kaedes, but I'm not enough of a whale for that, hahah. I do have a Michael and a Perseus (wood+heart makers) but I think I'd rather inherit them onto someone than put them directly on the team.

If you can think of a situation where Parvati's better than Kaede do let me know!! I guess she could be better for 5x4 boards lol?

7. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Kaede is difficult to play. She is stronger but not always faster. Parvati is easy to play compared to Kaede. So strength is not the only thing that matters. I'll still play Parvati when I want something speedy yet powerful. Plus Parvati has better art and deserves the love.

She also gets a buff soon allowing her to match up to 7 heart orbs for up to 56.25x damage. So she still rocks.

8. Miromesnil

Miromesnil New Member

User ID:
    very true! i'm not on JP PAD so idk what it's actually like to play kaede at all. you're right, i can't imagine wanting to play her when just farming simple dungeons. based on your response and all the likes, it's very reassuring to know people aren't gonna just dump parvati, hahah.

Flaycrow likes this.
  9. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Parvati got her buff.
    [​IMG]
    Connect up to 7 heart orbs for up to 56.25x damage. Wow. She hits so hard now.

10. samuelburtt

User ID:
    351 340 253

CHALLENGE MODE. Finally got through this. The 5-turn green absorb on shardra is very annoying since he does a 30k hit on the fifth turn, right BEFORE the absorb wears off. So I needed a shield but had literally no friends with green shields up (there used to always be a couple of kushis up at least?!).

So that's what plum is doing in there. She had A. Susano shield inherited... One perseus had raph damage void inherit. The other had A. yomi, which almost made me fail since it loaded up just before the last floor, doh... I should have just picked a regular perseus friend for that slot. It meant I had no orb changers left after using raph... I was lucky to have enough greens and hearts to kill...

PS. Anyone thinking of trying this. Don't. Just wait for Uvo Kaede it will be a breeze with her in challenge mode.

Arranging, Miromesnil, igneus and 2 others like this.
  11. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz 12 extra skyfall combo past a damage shield

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's come to the point that i'm thinking of taking parvati off of slot 1 into slot 2(BF slot), but due to a few new players and some others who don't have the option for best-friend yet, i'm unsure about doing it, however, i've been accidentaly leaving parvati up in both slot 1 and slot 3 (most recently used) at the same time.

Unsure what to put in slot one though.

XM is great, but i have plenty of friends running her and she's difficult for the newer players on my friendslist
    Skuld is always fun for me, but she may not be useful enough for others.
    Myr is annoying to get and mine isn't even skilled at all, and people leading her exploded anyway.
    Gadius is just a easier/weaker XM
    Tsubaki is too fragile
    Yomi is old now and is a lot of effort for a mediocre multipler now
    Lucifer i don't enjoy playing myself

Australis isn't usable, Vishnu isn't good enough, Pandora is the same as Lucifer, i personally don't like Sakuya...
    susano isn't good enough, zuoh is a pain in the butt, orochi is a bad lead, wukong isn't skilled...

....i think i've just talked myself out of it. nevermind.

12. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lol. I still use her plenty when new dungeons come along. But have been using (here comes a blasphemy...) her sister Lakshmi a lot since I run arena the most nowadays and Lakshmi makes arena super easy. I'm still on the works to try and do the same for Parvati since I like Parvati better any where else. Problem with her is HP :(I wish she got like a 500 HP buff at least so the team would improve 1k.

I currently have Astaroth in my number 1 slot but don't know that a ton of my friends use her outside of my BFs. I think I'll put Asty in my BF spot and Parvati in my number one spot, and Tsubaki would rotate out. Have a lot of Tsubaki BF so don't know... And then there is the newer leads, like Ronove, Kaede, Myr, etc. Although I feel my friends won't need me to put them up too much

13. Concrete Cat

Concrete Cat Cheque please.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have b myr slot 1
    Parvati slot 2
    Sumire slot 3

Parvati team is still pretty deadly and I use lots.

14. samuelburtt

User ID:
    351 340 253
    Parvati is still my go-to leader when I need to clear things quickly and safely and just want to get stuff out of the way. I haven't had much time or mental space for PAD lately, so I've been using her a lot and she gets the job done! Her damage with 7-hearts and UUU kaede on the team is just monstrous. @_@

HP thresholds are still her only problem really but the 50% SBR badge (which shouldn't be too far away) would allow Susano back on the team without sacrificing full SBR.

While we are talking about shields has anyone tried A. Indra on the team? Beastly awakenings... Can tank 100k hits for 2 turns... Off-colour is a shame.

15. blackchaos26

blackchaos26 Past Compulsive Roller, Seeking to Adopt A Bastet.

PADherder:
    link
    out of curiosity whats your arena team set up for Lak? if you don't mind me asking.

16. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lakshmi(Urd)/Andromeda/Gabriel/Skuld/Isis (I&I)/Lakshmi(Urd). The key is that everyone on the team has dark latents so I can tank Hera without the shield, and its useful as well against other annoying dark bosses. Urd + Andro is the kill shot, when used with I&I. It will one shot through the shield. The kill shot can be replaced but Ryune + Hatsume inherited on a Lakshmi. I use Isis for bind early on in the dungeon and then let I&I charge after I get to Grisar's floor. Usually stall my actives back on Zeus floor. So far have done over 20 runs and died only 4 times, 1 was the first run ever with the team so made some dumb mistakes. Another one was not knowing the Lakshmi row patterns by heart. The other 2 just dumb flubs. The team is pretty great for arena and pretty fast compared to tank teams like I&I/Ryune, Lucy, Orchid. etc. And most importantly for me, it's pretty fun.

I'm pretty sure i can do similar with Parvati, except I trust my row pattern ability more than my TPA pattern ability, and I would still need a shield, which takes away a heartmaking/green making active. I could go Rowvarti, but the HP is even worse on that team so not really viable. The other issue I have is that Kaede and Parvati can't have dark resists because they already have fingers and SDR which are pretty important for Kaede's team. I'll figure it out soon. Im sure Parvati can farm it too. I mean, I have beat arena with her, but it didn't feel as safe as my runs with Lakshmi. Want it to be fool proof

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    kiarahakura likes this.
  17. mageslay3r

mageslay3r Member

User ID:
    316-218-480
    PADherder:
    link
    just pulled her from lvl 150 mermorial egg machine

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  18. Jas

Jas Member

User ID:
    [US] 328,951,272
    PADherder:
    link
    So supposedly I have the start to a good Parvati team. I just started playing after quitting for two years so I'm a little uncertain. I know when I quit, she wasn't that great. I have Parvati, 2xCeres, Susano, A. Odin, Melon Dragon, Genbu, Guan Yu, Kushinada basically for green REM rolls. Someone on another thread suggested Parvati, Ceres, Odin, Melon Dragon and Susano. Thoughts? Thanks!

19. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would replace Ceres by Reincarnated Zeal (Dragon Knight)
    You rarely need both Ceres and Susano on the team and Parvatti and once you awake Parvatti, she'll be bind immune. Ceres is just too underwhelmind (sadly... sigh)

Jas likes this.
  20. Jas

Jas Member

User ID:
    [US] 328,951,272
    PADherder:
    link
    Good to know, I also didn't realize that Dragon Knight got upgraded at least once or twice since I stopped playing making him a better card. Thanks!

Arranging likes this.