[WIP Team Building] Dark Knight, Cecil

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Flaycrow, May 23, 2016.

1. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hino doesn't hit too hard which means as long as we are careful matching, we have a couple turns to kill and so are fine. Only massive skyfall can hurt us. We just whittle quickly with two dark matches and eat the bind. Then kill.

Sopdet is OK too. Just match a dark match with small numbers of combos and kill.

Meimei's def is a joke. Our Satsukis are regularly hitting 5 million on decent boards without Okuni. Do you have enough OEs on your teams that unenhanced damage is never an issue?

Parvati isn't bad because our HP let's us tank her rage hit.

Double leader bind isn't usualy death in the Tamas because we can unbind next turn.

Where Indra really matters is on Kali. Safe from the rage hit and reverse rage hit for 3 turns. Basically she is the easiest floor. Since she would be harder without Indra, needing to worry about damage and matching the board properly, I like Indra and being carefree on Kali.

alphafirestar likes this.
  2. alphafirestar

alphafirestar Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've found that Kagutsuchi is pretty reasonable to deal with if you're careful when matching orbs. I haven't run Arena in a few weeks, but from what I remember, his hits aren't too bad, so I try to knock him down below resolve ASAP, unbind with Yomidra, and then kill him. Okuni definitely makes him a joke, but I can't decide who I'd swap out.

I inherited Indra onto Haku, and haven't really missed having her active, aside from the haste. You can use Indra going into the DQ Hera spawn floor, sweep it, and still have the shield up for Kali's rage hit if you don't do enough damage.

These are all thoughts for solo-play though; if I were running co-op I'd probably want Okuni somewhere, since he's the card I miss most when comparing Cecil to Yomidra.

3. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okuni isn't really needed for Meimei or Parvati. He's mostly just insurance against a bad board in either case. And he's not needed for Sopdet, although I find him to be very helpful. You get an extra turn, for starters, and you also get extra damage one turn. Without Okuni I sometimes run into problems with dark trolling when she was above 50% and couldn't get her below 50% in time. Hino and the tamadras are where I find Okuni to be a life saver. Against Hino, I found that I would either match conservatively and run out of hearts before I knocked him below 50% or combo as much as I could and inevitably get an inopportune dark skyfall. Before I put Okuni on my team, I died against Hino more than any other opponent. Since I added Okuni I haven't died since. Okuni isn't usually needed against the tamadras, but every so often he will save you. If you get a couple green ones and they hit one of your leaders with a 6-turn bind (or both leaders with a 3-turn bind), it can get scary without a delay.

I can definitely see the utility of having an inherited Indra for Kali, though. The only times I've died against Kali with my current build were when I made mistakes, but the fact remains that Kali (particularly DKali) isn't very forgiving of mistakes. Having some room for error on that floor would make me breathe a lot easier. I'll just have to think about where to inherit the Indra. I might ask my wife to put one on her Okuni since two Okuni's is probably overkill anyway.

Reddbeard88, Flaycrow and RageSedai like this.
  4. Redmnce

Redmnce Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    21. Redmnce - 368,407,449 - Hyper soon, dark resist x4, SDR x1.

Diesel likes this.
  5. Redmnce

Redmnce Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Weakest aspect of cecil team - no friends using them :(

6. Diesel

Diesel You are already dead...

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd love to run Co-Op with him from time to time! Let me know if anyone wants to run. Hit me up on discord (ID in sig).

Reddbeard88 likes this.
  7. Reddbeard88

Reddbeard88 Active Member

User ID:
    Whaaaaaat!? So that explains the account name change to Flayretire. I was wondering about that. What happened? Guy was one of my longest running friends in the game. BFd him in the last rotation too. :(

8. Diesel

Diesel You are already dead...

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    We're all sad to see him go but his account is in good hands with Rage!

Orange and RageSedai like this.
  9. Orange

Orange Red+Yellow = Orange

He did make right decision. Family comes first. I'm going to miss his Cecil.
    I'm next in line on retiring.

Diesel and RageSedai like this.
  10. xHaishou

xHaishou Member

Flaycrow's Cecil is gone =\

11. xHaishou

xHaishou Member

Awesome, Thanks!

12. Whirlwind

Whirlwind New Member

My Cecil is and will always be up in slot 1 for anyone interested. Light Cecil is looking good now. I wonder what subs other than Apocalypse would be good for him.

13. Whirlwind

Whirlwind New Member

Yea, I might have to roll for a dupe Cecil now. If I had a Bride Escha, I would use her for the team.

RageSedai likes this.
  14. Whirlwind

Whirlwind New Member

Yeah, no question about dark Cecil's buff. It's just too good. haha

15. Orange

Orange Red+Yellow = Orange

Good news. Thanks for info. I used Cecil a often. But hard to find friend who use him. They change to other leader. But 81x should bring him back to be main leader again.

RageSedai likes this.
  16. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Ultimately it comes down to each players box. I messaged my Cecil BF & they said that they would consider L/D if they had the subs to do it. But since they don't, they are sticking with D/D. Me, L/D seems intriguing and I have a few more ideal light subs than dark. But I don't think that I'll be able to find nearly enough players running Paladin on an even semi-regular basis. I think that most Cecil players new and old will stick with D/D just for the 81x, dark latents and overall ease of making a good team and easily achieving max damage. Also I use my D/D Cecil on a Gremory team. I'm hoping that even a handful of players go L/D, but I'm not counting on it.

17. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I'm with you, but I suspect that more players will just go with the bigger multiplier despite all of the benefits you mentioned.

18. xHaishou

xHaishou Member

Dang, I wanted an HP modifier like Uuvo Krishna =(

19. xHaishou

xHaishou Member

Most light orb changers convert darks, so I don't really have many viable light subs.

20. alphafirestar

alphafirestar Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm super excited about the D/D Cecil buff - extra 30% dark resist will make Arena farming such a breeze, and most Cecil teams already had 25-30% from latents to begin with. I haven't used him much lately (despite keeping him permanently in slot 1) mostly because I've just been doing a ton of co-op farming with ALB, but he's still my go-to whenever I solo (so if we're BFs please don't switch him! I need at least one D/D user to stick around! ;) )

Conveniently, I have two, so I could actually make L/D Cecil as well, although currently it's inherited on the first, and the Apocalypse that used to be on him is on my Myr team now...so if I were to make L/D I'd need to find a new inherit. What a hard life :p

RageSedai likes this.