[WIP Team Building] God of Dark Riches, Osiris

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by Protodad, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Protodad

Protodad Member

God of Dark Riches
    [​IMG]
    Osiris

Table of Contents

1. Introduction
    2. Why Osiris
    3. Gameplay
    a. TPA
    b. Skill Boost
    c. Skill Bind Resist
    d. Bind Resist​
    4. Team Building
    a. Leader Pairing
    b. Key Subs
    c. REM Subs
    d. Non Rem Subs
    e. Optimal Teams​
    5. Skill Farming
    6. Dungeons
    7. Descends
    8. Friend List

Introduction

Hey all, my name is Protodad and this is the first guide I’ve attempted so feel free to let me know if there is anything missing or anything you would like to see added. I honestly wrote this guide for everyone else and not for my own benefit. I simply don’t have enough Osiris friends out there as he is not a heavily played leader despite his capabilities. Hopefully this guide will help change that.

Most people put some kind of cool intro about how great a player or how long they have been at this, so here goes. I’ve been playing PAD off and on for about 3 years now and just over a year on my current account. I’ve had the displeasure of beating Hera with a double resist team and I have given up on PAD multiple times early on after saving up for a single roll of the REM only to get some of the most troll gods you have ever seen. I was a huge fan of GGY when he came out and helped mkman through many descends and contributed to his guide before he got buffed to support dragons, then I gave up on him. After that I gravitated to mono green teams and stood by GZL through most of my current account (I have 4 now…). None of this is written to impress anyone (in fact, reading it is pretty unimpressive) but it is here to show that even an average player shouldn’t shy away from such a great lead.

That brings me to today. Osiris is easily my favorite card to play despite having other fantastic options like DMeta or Ronia available. I think he is currently undervalued and might be hands down the best leader in PAD right now. Is he the easiest card to play? Absolutely not. But he does possess qualities required to clear end game content up to and including everything released in PAD NA today.

Why Osiris

So let’s start with the introductions. Coming from the Egyptian 2.0 pantheon, Osiris was an Egyptian god, usually identified as the god of the afterlife, the underworld and the dead. He was classically depicted as a green-skinned man with a pharaoh's beard, partially mummy-wrapped at the legs, wearing a distinctive crown with two large ostrich feathers at either side, and holding a symbolic crook and flail.

Osiris father is the sun-god Ra and mother the sky goddess Nut, as well as being brother and husband of Isis (ick).

Osiris was considered not only a merciful judge of the dead in the afterlife, but also the underworld agency that granted all life, including sprouting vegetation and the fertile flooding of the Nile River.

So we have a green skinned, half dead, merciful king of the underworld who likes to garden. This alludes pretty well to his skill and leader skill so bravo Gungho for tying the mythology so well to the in game character.

That’s enough history, lets take a look at our MVP:

God of Dark Riches, Osiris

6 Stars God/Balanced Cost: 25

Lvl. 99 Stats +297 Stats

HP: 2990 HP: 3980

ATK: 1417 ATK: 1912

RCV: 308 RCV: 605

Awakenings:

Skill – Forest Sign: Changes the rightmost column into Wood Orbs.

Lv.1 Turn(s): 9 Max Skill Lv.5 Turn(s): 4

Leader Skill – Monarchy of Dark Riches: Wood att. HP & RCV Increase slightly: 3.5x ATK with 6+ combos.

[vid][/vid]

Osiris has balanced stats with nothing standing out as overly powerful. However, his stats aren’t what we are going to focus on. It’s his leader skill. When PAD uses the term slightly it often means anything under 1.5x. In this case Osiris gives 1.35x to both HP and RCV. This means that a proper team with dual Osiris leads will have a final multiplier of 12.25x to ATK, 1.82x HP, and 1.82x RCV. Let’s let that sink in for a while. You have the same multiplier as the long celebrated Five Elements leaders at 12.25x but you have near 2x HP and 2x RCV. Those stats aren’t conditional like many other leaders either. There is no orb trolling because you are missing colors, no HP management that can get too high or too low like DMeta or LMeta and you get access to any subs that have a green attribute so you aren’t even stuck with a single color the way mono green often is. All you have is one of the most flexible leaders with what was considered a spike team multiplier, greater HP than a physical team and more RCV than most healer teams.

His active skill is also nothing to scoff at. Two max skilled leads will mean that you have 5 wood orbs on the board every other turn. A good player will not only get those key TPAs but abuse the skill to eliminate jammers and poison orbs when needed.

But 12.25x was soooo 2014. That’s not even considered a proper spike team anymore because you don’t have a 16x, 25x, 30x, 100x etc. multiplier. Yea, I hear this a lot, but hear me out.

First, I think it is fair to say that 25x is more than enough to one shot all but the legend plus dungeons, anything past that is just showing off. Second, any lead that gives 25x or more requires either proper orb colors on the board (Ra, Kali, etc,) or insane orb management skills (OTG). If you are amazing and can play those fine, but 6+ combos is far easier to hit on every board than claiming you can hit 4-6 colors or 8+ combos every time. For that reason, we will be ignoring those leads.

Second, I think the fair comparison is to 16x leads. Again, since HP management sucks and to keep a 16x multiplier you have to be under 80% (DMeta and GZL) or full HP (Fagan) you simply can’t easily run certain descends due to pre-emptive hits or pre-emptive heals. This being said, lets do some math.

Let’s say you are rocking Okuni and with your team you can fairly consistently hit the 16x multiplier. Your Okuni Horus has 1269 attack and this is pretty average for a team made of gods.

Simple math says 1269 * 16 = 20304 base damage

However, if you are planning to run an end game Osiris team you will probably run attackers. In fact, you probably have GZL on your team. They are so stupidly prevalent that PAD plans to pull them from the special god list. In fact, I expect that attackers will make up the base of your team. GZL has an attack of 2014.

Again, simple math says 2014 * 12.25 = 24671 base damage.

So despite having a lower multiplier, you will consistently see your Osiris team pumping out even more damage than a 16x lead despite having a lower multiplier. And I haven’t even addressed TPAs yet.

The last issue is that of hitting 6+ combos. This is what drives most people to ignore Osiris right off the bat. Here is the thing. Osiris is not a beginner god. He is designed to play deep into the late game and therefore requires a level of skill. The thing is, 6+ combos is available on every board (unless you just popped Goemon) and with some practice can easily be activated at any time without worrying about not having enough of any particular color. Secondly, if you can consistently hit 5 combos (which I think is average for a middle of the road player) you will likely hit the 6th on a skyfall every other time. Lastly, and this is the brilliance of Osiris, unlike many if not all other spike teams, failing the combo does not mean your will see the game over screen. With a max level, no + egg mono green team you will have enough HP to tank Hera’s preemptive in Ultimate God Rush. Did you accidentally knock a Zues into Jupiter Genesis range? Meh. Just hit him again as your pool of 35k HP will let you survive just about anything and that amazing RCV will get you back to full in a heartbeat.

No ultimate has been announced for Egyptian 2.0 but I expect he will get some better awakenings and if PAD really loved us, Attacker sub type.

Gameplay

So before we address the subs, lets talk about what we will be looking for in a sub. The first requirement is that it has a wood attribute (duh) so the second thing we will look at are the awoken skills which currently dominate the meta. HP? Don’t care. RCV? Don’t care. Type? We care a little, but green is pretty typical and there isn’t much variation across the board.

TPA (Two Prong Attack):

Eliminating exactly 4 connected orbs of the same color for 1.5x ATK on two enemies.

TPA, TPA, TPA. All anyone talks about now is TPA. What happened to Rows? Well, it turns out they require such a specialized set of subs that they simply don’t work outside of very key teams. That and the fact that PAD made a major adjustment in Awoken skills a while back and dumped a ton of TPA on everyone. The thing to remember with TPA is that a) Unlike rows they only affect the character who has the awakening and b) they stack. If 1 TPA is good, 2 is better and 3 is amazing. Having 3 TPAs means you have a multiplier of 3.375 on top of your leader multiplier. TPAs are what help crank that 12.25x multiplier up enough to guarantee a OHKO against most descent bosses. They don’t need to be on every character, but you will want 2-3 of your team to have 2+ TPA.

Also, for the most part, the perfect number of green orbs on the board is 16-18 orbs. 16 as it allows you to pull off 4 TPAs on a single board and 18 as any more than that cannot be spaced properly to achieve TPAs without some very complicated planning for the orbs to “waterfall.”

Skill Boost

Not sure what can be said about skill boosts that hasn’t been said already. You need them. You often need a bunch of them. Enough of them and your will easily have Osiris ready turn 1, but nearly any max skill leader and often ones that aren’t. Big invade on turn 1? Having MeiMei available without having to move an orb can often be invaluable.

Skill Bind Resist

Skill bind resist is a specialty of Wood attribute characters. Skill bind is getting so prevalent that PAD changed preemptive to simply increase the duration of your skills instead of just binding them. Each one is 20% and that means you want 5 across the team.

Bind Resist

Uhg, bind resist. Look at the list of cards with wood attribute (even sub attribute) that have full bind resist and you will be disappointed. Take a look at the list of those that can clear binds and it is even worse. Since Osiris doesn’t have bind resist (yet!) you better hope you have a Ceres on the team.

Team Building

Leader Pairing

Who should you pair Osiris with? More Osiris’ (Osiri?). Osiris is the optimal pairing as you simply won’t get the value of his multipliers with any other pairing. Consider the following leads.

Medjedra – 3x attack over 50% hp and 1.5 RCV. Other than not having an Osiris, I can’t see ever wanting to run him paired to Osiris.

GZL – Too much RCV and you need to manage HP

Mei Mei – Same multiplier for ATK but now are susceptible to orb trolling. New awoken form gives additional resists acting in lieu of RCV and HP but only against specific colors.

Ceres – Lower attack multiplier and resist only works in certain descends.

Perseus – Not bad ATK multiplier but you should be focusing on TPA not Rows.

Artemis – 2.6x HP and 2.6x RCV with 6x attack is pretty good. You still retain 3.5x attack on 6+ combos but that would make it pretty hard to push through modern descends. There might be a use for this somewhere but I’m not sure what.

I am pretty biased in this case but if you wanted to match up with any of those leaders you might be better off running someone other than Osiris. I am open to suggestions so let me know.

Key Subs

Ok, down to the meat of things. I will break this section down into how subs fit on the team. My personal preference for Osiris is to have two heavy hitters, one board changer, and one utility sub (often called a panic button). That order can be changed around depending on what you have in your box, but it seems to have the most success on the majority of the descends. Lastly there are other subs that while they can fit on a team they don’t really make or break the team. They are going to be the first cards you replace if you pull something from the other lists.

If you want the low down on all the boring subs that might work go check out the Mono Green appreciation thread or PDX. I plan to focus on the ones that really make Osiris amazing.

Heavy Hitters

Genius Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang

Stats

Awakenings

Genius Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang (GZL) has been a staple in green teams for a while. A great lead himself, his place on an Osiris team is solidified by his fantastic attack value, an off color sub attribute and a great active skill and near perfect awoken skills. Although the 50% defense break isn’t always useful it has a place with monsters like Extreme King Metal Dragon, Ra, and most evo materials that have outrageous defense. The 2x attack for attacker types might not affect Osiris, but it affects many of his key subs. Don’t under estimate the amount of damage coming from two attacker subs with TPAs, a spike leader skill and a 2x multiplier from this skill.

Restrained Dragon Hero, Liu Bei

Who’s laughing now? Liu Bei used to be a joke in most circles but now is a major player. Did someone say 3 TPAs? Two color board change? Attacker typing? Yes please. Get 6+ combos on an Osiris team with a single 4 color match he has a 40x base multiplier before factoring in additional matches or orb enhance. His active skill has a long cool down and often should be saved for bursting against the final floors.

Marine Rider, Bard Robin

Ah, the trolliest troll you ever rolled. Man, the riders sucked for a long time. Do you remember screaming when that stupid Gryps rider popped out of your one gold egg for the month. Yea, I regret it too. Either way, the new riders rock. Solid attack, two TPAs, two color board change (although water is meh). Marine Rider could definitely find a place on an Osiris team. If you plan to run him I suggest pairing with another active that changes water orbs to wood such as Perseus or Sasuke. No surprise to see him as an attacker.

Gusting Prodigy, Sasuke

What is there to say about the Ninjas. They pair well with another active to get huge blobs of color. They have solid attack and a single TPA and skill boost. Having him on a 5 turn cool down keeps him on par with Osiris to ensure you never run out of ways to crush your opponent. Definitely trailing the pack in this list but very viable.

Thorned Goddess, Valkyrie Elize

Gvalk is a solid card if you can roll her and brings RCV to the team without sacrificing all other stats or an active skill. She is easy to skill up (shares an active with Chu Chu) and breaks hearts into wood orbs. Although this is somewhat counterintuitive, it makes sense that with an additional 650 RCV on the team you might not need that many hearts on the board at any given time. Two TPAs augment her not so great attack and a single skill boost round out her awoken skills.

Board Changers

Awoken Meimei

A very new addition to PAD NA but not a new addition to Osiris teams. Meimei was a strong sub that filled the key board changer role but had less than perfect stats and awoken skills. That has all changed now with her awoken form. Extra skill boosts, TPAs and even a time extend all benefit an Osiris team. And if you are leaning towards an attacker based team like you should, she now has the correct typing. Her active skill currently has no skill up fodder but gains the ability to haste all other skills by 1 turn. In other words, it reduces all other skills cool down by 1. While the board change itself is fantastic for getting rid of jammers or poison orbs, it can often be pretty light on green orbs. I find myself usually prepared to use Osiris after I used Meimei to get enough orbs.

Eternal Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia

Better suited for other teams, Gronia is one of the other green full board changer. By no means a poor card, her board change will often net you the right amount of green orbs while leaving you only one other color to deal with. Prior to Awoken Meimei, I think I would have absolutely stated that Gronia was the better card. Now I think Awoken Meimei is slightly better.

Norn of the Present, Verdandi

The Green/Red special god is gaining some traction as her own team lead in many newer descends. A full board changer that includes heart orbs, her active skill toes the line between burst capable and panic button. A single TPA and a single skill boost pushes her to the back of the pack for full board changers.

Utility (Panic Buttons)

Green Star Vanquishing Deity, Perseus

Perseus is on my team but is definitely bottom rung. He does provide a panic button to help heal back 35k hp in a hurry if the need arises and comes with 2 skill bind resist which should help your team hit that magic number of 5 for certain descends. Beyond that his stats are pretty good and I think he does a good job rounding out a heavy attacker team. Perseus also brings a bind removal that isn’t all that useful when he himself often gets bound.

Devoted Miko Goddess, Kushinadahime

Though not as critical on a team with this kind of HP, Kushi fills the defensive stance void and brings a huge blob of RCV to the table. Max skilled you should be able to use her on turn 1 or any scenario where screwing up the combo will make you see the game over screen. Another skill lock resist and a bind removal on a bindable character.

Awoken Ceres

Aside from getting the best updated art award when she received her ultimate, Awoken Ceres is one of the most key wood attribute cards there is. She has the invaluable set of awoken skills that is full bind resist and bind recovery. That’s right. In a full team bind scenario Ceres is the only wood attribute card that can unbind your team through either a heal orb row or her active skill. While she is by no means required to be on the team to tackle the majority of descends, Osiris simply won’t be able to complete heavy bind dungeons without her on the team.

Demon Slayer, Susano no Mikoto

Susano is probably best described as a compromise between Kushi and Ceres. You get damage resist like Kushi but on a much longer minimum cooldown and you get the full bind resist of Ceres, just with no means of assisting the rest of your team. He is attacker type which benefits the team as a whole but with only 1 TPA he won’t be matching the damage output of other attackers on the team.

Shining Lance Wielder, Odin

Why is he so low on this list? Probably because I have never rolled a single Odin in any account ever. I’m sure he is great but I am doomed to never know. As you probably do know however, Odin is a green stat stick. Completely unbindable and heals a ton every turn. Unfortunately, although helpful, you probably won’t need the additional healing from his awoken skills or his active skill. 2000 a turn just won’t make a big impact on the HP pool you will be rocking, especially with Odin on your team. In most cases it would be better to bring along Kushi or Ceres if you want to play defensively.

Awoken Parvati

Ah, finally another Awoken card. Two TPAs and full bind resist is a rare find in green cards. Her stats are pretty solid and her active skill is a great panic button after getting orb trolled or recovering back from a gravity hit. Definitely a solid choice on the team to fill this role.

Endless Era Sorcerer, Wee Jas

So here it is. The only other green card that can recover binds while staying unbindable. Course you also need to have 6 heart orbs on the board, thankfully his active takes care of that. A single turn delay also buys you a little time assuming the boss isn’t protected from status effects. He has decent stats and also some time extends which may help newer Osiris players. Green Wee Jas may not always be useful, but like Ceres, he might mean the difference between a win and a game over screen.

Bountiful Arbor Goddess, Freyja

Man, the Norse gods really got the short end of the stick. 30x attack against 1 enemy? Meh. 1.3x attack for wood attribute? When would that ever change the outcome? I really hope the Norse pantheon gets an update soon. Freyja is fit for a row/balance team, not Osiris.

Other Cards

Hunt God of the Holy Bow, Artemis

Artemis is on the right track, just outclassed by other cards. She gets a TPA, a skill boost, and a dual orb change (heal/fire). Sound familiar? Artemis is currently the poor man’s Liu Bei. Two color orb change but no healing and not enough awakenings to make her shine. I suspect Artemis will be amazing once she gets the Awoken treatment like Persephone

Steadfast Bearded Deity, Guan Yu

Green Guan Yu (GGY) as usual, is almost good. His JP version skill convers poison and heart to wood (instead of just heart) and he brings a couple skill boosts with a large HP pool. He has 50% bind resist and no TPAs. Probably not the best option but would work if needed.

Sacred Tree Sorcerer, Leeza

Some people love Leeza, some people hate her. A single TPA, a possibly useful skill bind resist and a fast bottom row change really put her on the fence. Overall not the greatest stats and probably better suited for a Perseus team.

Astaroth

Armored Red Storm Knight Delgado

Non Rem Subs

Wolf Hero, Ignis Cu Chulainn

This guy is staple farmable sub material. If you don’t have a full complement of REM subs he will most likely be on your team. While he has sub optimal awoken skills and stats, he is by no means bad. A 5 turn heart converter is often welcome and his balanced attributes will shine as an Osiris sub.

Top Droidragon

Green Mech General, Viz Asguard

King Woodsie

Do people still do the whole king bubble thing? Maybe they should. While his stats would be a complete fail on most teams, at least as an Osiris sub they don’t suck quite as bad. Like all King Slimes, Woodsie gives a 3x attack for 1 turn to balance type teams. You will have to stall as he has a long cool down and skilling them up is a huge PITA. That being said, I expect that Woodsie will be the key sub for most non REM teams as they are focused around balanced subs more than attackers.

ABE Royal Guard Pig

Medjedra

Doomsday

ADK

Zhang Fei

Zeus Dios

Hera-Beorc

Gaia

Griffin

Zhao Yun

Green Dragon Fruit

Off Color Subs

Awoken Hades

Optimal Teams

My personal opinion is that the optimal team for Osiris is again, two heavy hitters, one full board changer, and one utility sub. If you don’t need the utility, that last spot should create a whole lot of healing to use as a panic button. That being said, the team that I currently believe is optimal in most cases is:

Osiris/Liu Bei/GZL/MeiMei/Perseus/Osiris

This team can conquer just about everything out there including Legend Plus and most fire attribute dungeons. 7 skill boosts, 3 characters with 2 TPAs 80% skill bind resist, way too many orb enhances, 34k HP and 3000 RCV with no + eggs (after Osiris’ multiplier) . Liu Bei is your finisher. Most of the time he will create enough orbs to nail 3-4 TPAs. GZL covers utility in dropping DEF by 50% and giving attackers 2x attack for 1 turn. Between the attacker subs, GZL, TPAs, and Osiris 12.25x you should expect to see 2M+ damage coming from Liu Bei and GZL. Often this is enough to 1 shot anything under 6M HP without too much trouble. Meimei provides the orb change and Perseus fills the flexable spot. I like Perseus here in most cases as he has solid RCV which this team lacks once Meimei turns into Awoken Meimie and he provides both green and heart orbs in a way that gets better the more orb trolled you get.

Variations

Osiris/Liu Bei/GZL/Gronia/Perseus/Osiris

Osiris/Liu Bei/GZL/MeiMei/Ceres/Osiris

Osiris/Liu Bei/GZL/MeiMei/Kushi/Osiris

Balance Team Variant

Osiris/Delgado/GOdin/Gronia/Perseus/Osiris

This team has some potential. Somehow even more REM heavy than the attacker version. The 2.5x attack across the board will make for some huge numbers (throw in a few green rows as well) but makes the team fairly weak without the burst. The attacker team has TPAs augmenting failed combo attempts and against sub bosses where you can’t waste your burst but this team should also have a higher HP pool and much more RCV to stall with.

Non REM Team Variant

Osiris/Woodsie/Chu Chu/Zeus Dios/Cauchemar

So this term is pretty unorthodox but covers most of your bases. You get a full board change through Dios/Cauchemar. A burst through Woodsie, and an orb changer through Chu Chu (although in this case breaking hearts is not optimal).

Completed Descends

The list is pretty long but here it is:

Endless Corridors

True Endless Corridors

All Normal Dungeons

All Technical Dungeons

Hera Beorc

Hera Is

Hera Ur

Room of the Sacred Mask

Keeper of the Gold

Cave of Dreaming

Sky Prison – Ha just kidding. Although feasible it really isn’t advised. I guess it could be done with the right subs but why?

Revenge of the King Dragons

Goddess Descended

Chivalrous Thief

Lord of Hell

Zeus Dios

Zeus Vulcan

Athena Descended

Beelzebub Descended

Heracles Descended

Zeus Mercury

Ultimate Dragon Rush

Ultimate God Rush

Ultimate Devil Rush

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  2. Protodad

Protodad Member

Reserved, obviously a WIP. Need a bunch of pictures and some more info. Since the shell is up I will happily take any suggestions and criticism right now. The teams need some help since I am pretty biased. Will take any input from the Osiris community. Also could use a really solid link comparing TPA to rows (derp) and happily any links to descends clears. Lets keep this NA only for now. I know there are some crazy subs in JP but we can all cry over them in the GZL team building thread.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  3. Protodad

Protodad Member

Reserved, hey, I think this guide is a long time coming and shouldn't be a surprise for anyone rocking Osiris right now. Honestly couldn't believe a guide didn't exist already

4. Protodad

Protodad Member

Reserved, honestly, I am pretty sure those who can constantly pull 6+ combos have already laughed all the way to the pii-bank.

5. Protodad

Protodad Member

Final Reserved, you know what, ill just say it. 100x looks cool on screen but having 40k hp and 4k RCV along with throwing out 20M damage pretty handily outclasses OTG. I call for a mutiny. What's he going to do? Kill us?

driagraz likes this.
  6. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Would love to see this. Obviously add pictures when you get a chance.

7. Shoemakerrr

Shoemakerrr Member

How useful is Saiga Another for Osiris? Every guide or discussion I find seem to forget he exists, or ignore him for reasons unknown to me. I have yet to roll a green board changer so I was thinking of running Osiris / Saiga / Liu Bei / GZL / Kushi / Osiris. Would this lineup work without a board change?

8. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Green orb-changers with TPA are always welcome, but he isn't optimal because it's better to have hearts than light orbs--especially since Osiris teams have to tank some big hits in harder dungeons. A 5-turn simpler orb-changer would likely be better, e.g., Sasuke or Leeza. Even a farmable like ADK might be better--not sure about that, since Saiga has great stats and awoken skills.

Also bear in mind that GZL is only enhancing two of the monsters on your team, although those two do have a lot of TPA.

9. Shoemakerrr

Shoemakerrr Member

Yeah my green sub pool while pretty strong, isn't very large. The only other subs I could use, aside from farmables, would be a second GZL, Wee Jas, Earth Dragon Swordsman, avalon drake, and parvati (that I just remembered I got last GF) Not sure it would be worth it to run TWO GZL just for another to be enhanced, over an orb change.

10. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    So you do have a full board changer. Avalon Drake's active is likely better than Saiga's for this team.

And Parvati's a really great defensive sub. I'd use her over Kushi, unless you actually need damage reduction for something.

(Parvati's also a really good leader, likely better than Osiris, but that's another discussion.)

11. Protodad

Protodad Member

Definitely put Avalon over Saiga (ill update the guide with both). Your team would be Osiris/GZL/LB/Avalon/Parvati/Osiris. You often need hearts with Osiris (hence heavy emphasis on Perseus/Parvati despite his lack of synergy) after tanking something like 35k hits from Hera rush. Full board changers while not necessary in some descends are not just necessary in many these days (even PAD island recently) but required in some (think anything with Bzub). I think Avalon is on par with Gonia since their actives are similar and he has 2 skill boosts. You can see a lot of love for him in the GGY threads. Honestly I would say that you have a near perfect Osiris team. GZL only affects 2 of your subs but I cleared almost all content prior to the rush's with only two attackers on the team (GZL and LB). They hit hard enough (2.0M and 2.4M respectively) with 4 TPAs that very little can stand up to your burst.

As for Parvati vs Kushi, I would definitely agree that it is descend dependent. Rarely do you need to reduce a hit with 35k HP available but you never know. Kushi can let you survive through a leader bind but she is definitely a better GZL sub than Osiris.

As for Parvati vs Osiris...I guess if you felt like taking the easy route. She feels like Sonia to me (which isn't a bad thing) in the sense that it is definitely a better lead for swift clearing. 25x attack and 2.25x RCV is easier to pull off but you won't be tanking some of the stronger hits in the game. Osiris is definitely a different breed from what PAD is used to.

Also, I plan to make updates this weekend. Never any time during the week.

12. Protodad

Protodad Member

Also, cleared Hera rush the other day which was pretty surprising. Beyond a few tense moments in the first 3 rounds (definitely want Hera vs Hungry Dragon) the 5th and 6th rounds were no problem. Max level minimal plusses and perseus burst on round 5 give a little over 35k HP for round 6 preemptive. 4.5M hp is no problem for this team and simply 1 shot Hera in round 6.

13. bleeware

bleeware Light IAP

User ID:
    Cool, glad to see this! I rode a Ronia team for a well over a year. Then pulled verdandi a few months ago and have been building a green team with verdandi as the main lead. I have osiris, mei mei, sasuke and gzl, but none of my friends run Osirus so he is just a verdandi sub. Be fun to try dual osirus at some point.

14. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yay. Glad to see this. I don't have a Lui Bei, but am hoping Vishnu makes an appropriate 3 prong replacement once his UVO hits... and I don't have GZL either, so I'm limited to putting in Masamune (weird but might work), or throwing in Sasuke or another changer instead.

I'm going to try sending Osiris/A.MeiMei/Perseus/Elize/Vishnu/Osiris into TEC and see if it can hang, for starters. I'm just not sure how much damage it will do without a burst (and without Vishnu's ult).

15. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yay, Osiris evo gets a nice offensive boost off awoken skills. Just for fun, I will look at three teams I could potentially make:

(I have crap for green defensive subs, so Awoken Ama will be my go-to, but she's actually pretty nice.)

(All team stats assume hypermax and are adjusted for ulti Osiris.)

Team 1: Traditional
    /

Link
    HP: 45,937
    RCV: 7,171

Base Green Attack (for a TPA with 2/4 orbs enhanced):
    (1962 * 2 * 1.5^2 + 2199 * 1.5^2 + 2200 * 1.5^3 + 2225 * 1.5^3 + 1506 * .3 * 1.5) * 1.12 * 1.6 = 52,664

Attack w/3 TPAs: 52,664 * 12.25 * 8.438 = 5.44 mil

Attack w/4 TPAs: 52,664 * 12.25 * 11.25 = 7.26 mil

Team 2: Triple Osiris
    /

Link
    HP: 46,785
    RCV: 7,198

(1962 * 3 * 1.5^2 + 2199 * 1.5^2 + 2225 * 1.5^3 + 1506 * .3 * 1.5) * 1.12 * 1.75 = 51,701

(So slightly worse damage overall, but more single-monster damage on Vish if that's a concern.)

Team 3: Max Offense
    /

Link
    HP: 44,970
    RCV: 6,653

(1962 * 3 * 1.5^2 + 2199 * 1.5^2 + 2200 * 1.5^3 + 2225 * 1.5^3) * 1.12 * 1.8 = 66,781

Attack w/3 TPAs: 66,781 * 12.25 * 8.438 = 6.9 mil

Attack w/4 TPAs: 66,781 * 12.25 * 11.25 = 9.20 mil

CONCLUSIONS
    Really nice damage on the max offense team, but still not enough to one-shot Hera-Ur in C10. For C10, traditional still seems best (if one is willing and able to invest the +eggs).

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Nemesis, dthan and buzzyrecky like this.
  16. dthan

dthan Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Never thought about Awoken Ama. The fact that her main stats are HP and RCV really work for Osiris' multipliers :) she's a great option for skill bind resist too and can make use of the light orbs from Meimei's active

17. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yeah good point, decent synergy with Meimei's active, plus she and Meimei haste each other (and the rest of the team).