[WIP, Team Building] Saria: Waifus will judge you.

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Galaxeo, Nov 30, 2015.

1. dthan

dthan Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't expect him to replace my Valk/Apollo, but he does give me more options to burst since I do have 2 Sarias and no Apoc. I'll roll a few times, but probably won't waste too many stones for him.

2. Yato79

Yato79 Winter is coming :(

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sorry to derail Saria talk but @dthan do you run A. Lakshmi often? Can I send u a friend invite? I main Saria but I'm almost done max skilling my A. Lakshmi team (all but Andy) and want to play her more. She's for when I want a different play style. I like playing with hearts, probably because the first leader that got me anywhere was Gadius.

3. dthan

dthan Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't usually, but now that she's got her buff I might start using her more. You can send an invite :).

Yato79 likes this.
  4. Galaxeo

Galaxeo Your Daily Scrublord

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Welp, for Thouzer just look at what @MisterDrgn said. Ars Nova is ok. I personally don't really have an opinion on her. She's not bad but not the best either.

5. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Fair enough.

...though imho you've already got a great set of subs for the team (Apoc is cool but hardly necessary), and I dunno whom you'd throw out to fit Hanzo on there. Or to fit a second Saria, for that matter. DQ + Wukong + Saria + heart-breakers gives you tons of burst options.

dthan likes this.
  6. kasiski

kasiski Member

I am thinking I will use Saria for a tank team over Sylvie or Ryune.

I have the following that I think is pretty solid:

Saria/Wukong/Pollux/DQXQ

But I don't know what else I should start pumping XP into. My options for the last spot are:
    Raphael
    Wukong
    Saria
    Apollo
    Maeda
    Indra
    LKali
    Sakuya
    Ganesha
    Fuma
    DQXQ
    Baal

Thought? Right now I have Apollo slotted in, but that's because team cost doesn't allow Raphael yet.

7. banana400

banana400 Active Member

User ID:
    368 258 302
    PADherder:
    link
    I would put Saria and Apollo first.
    Wukong
    I have bastard DQXQ, and I never saw a use for it.
    Indra > Ganesha (I think)
    Raphael (I was super pumped when I pulled, but I am not using it.)

8. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Since I've pulled Wukong and gotten his ultimate I haven't used Raphael once.

9. Rydeen

Rydeen Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Aww crap!!!!!! At least I finally made it up to Kali :mad::mad::mad::mad: this never turned into the sea of pys I hoped for. Oh well at least my team spanks most legend plusses now.[​IMG]

10. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Ugh, I hate Vishnu. Here are my clears for C9 and C10 of Challenge Dungeons! 20. I died once on C9, I forget where, it was probably something stupid. Generally speaking, while No Awoken skills really hurts your max burst potential, 7x6 does a lot for both survivability and burst.

I cleared C10 on maybe the 5th (6th?) try--with 3-min stamina, there were lots of chances to fit in quick, failed runs, which worked well because I've been more distracted by IRL stuff lately. A few deaths on Vishnu, even though I reached him with Orochi up. It took a little while to work out a strat and figure out how much damage I could deal. It's tricky because Thor's damage is so high. Meanwhile, with only 5 light monsters, you're dealing less damage whenever you're being careful not to overshoot with Thor. The first time I actually cleared Vishnu, Shiva dropped me low with his pre-emptive, I healed a bit with one heart match, and then he barely one-shot me with his 32k attack. Oops. Beat it on the next try.

Basic C10 strat:

1) Kill Satan quickly. If you leave him in blue, it will be harder to finish him off.

2) Stall on Kagu unti Orochi is up (have to stay above 50% hp to avoid his bind). Hit delay, then use as many turns as possible to kill him, while making sure to heal up.

3) Stall on Hera until Orochi is up again. Wait for the right moment, and kill with DQ + Wukong.

4) Stall a few turns if possible, then hit Orochi delay. Because this is non-awoken Orochi, this gives you 6 total turns. Immediately pop Saria + Valk and hit pretty hard. Two rows won't overshoot, but two big rows will. Pray for no skyfalls. Then grind Vish down over the remaining turns, using DQ and Wukong when appropriate. Can use Thor if necessary. Valk will be available on the final turn for the finishing blow.

5) Stall for Valk + (DQ or Wukong or Saria) + Thor. It can get scary, especially if you are stalling for Thor. I reached a point where I wasn't confident I could survive with the board, but Thor's haste would put Wukong up. Wukong + Valk didn't look that good with all the jammers/poison onboard. But Thor's haste put Saria down to 1 CD. So popped Thor + Wukong, stalled one more turn, then popped Saria + Valk to finish.

Ovine likes this.
  11. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    I rolled the New Year's Hanzo....I was hoping for SAndalphon, oddly enough, but I'm just glad that Amaterasu didn't pop out (or Mitsuki).

Any use for Hanzo on Thor/Saria? Could he potentially replace Valkyrie?

12. akhc

akhc Vissi D'Arte

User ID:
    385 014 322
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm running Saria/Apoc/DQ/Apollo/Raphael/Thor for Arena. But for anything not Arena is Raphael really required? What would be better swapped in? I could go Wukong/Venus/Pollux/2nd DQ or Apoc/NY Sandalphon/Valk (either Chibi/Regular). Or even pack a Thor in which case what lead would I pair with? Should I drop Apollo for something else too? Suggestions would be great :).

Also what cards should I hypermax first? Saria is HM but I was thinking Apoc/DQ before the others.

13. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    Raph is very situational outside of Arena. I bring him when running Dragon Rush for safety. I'm guaranteed to get heart trolled or royally screw up somewhere. If you find yourself in a sticky spot on Satan/Fat Dragon or Zaerog he can save your sorry butt. Lol. But honestly, with good planning and good playing and good skill, he's not necessary aside from being mister row monster.

In Arena his usefulness will suddenly jump up by a staggering amount. But even then, some will argue Zeus&Hera is better.

I'd say you go ahead and hypermax DQ or Apoc, yeah. It looks like you use Kanna a lot so you might want to go ahead and tackle Apoc first?

MisterDrgn likes this.
  14. akhc

akhc Vissi D'Arte

User ID:
    385 014 322
    PADherder:
    link
    Cheers.. I did try Saria/Thor out a few times over the weekend. It bursts pretty well and I can see myself playing it more than occasionally. Raphael was never used :p hence the question on what I should replace him with.

15. Vahneo

Vahneo Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Valk cannot be replaced .Well, maybe Pollux or other Heart Breaker can replace her, but Hanzo cannot replace her.
    Assume the ideal team is Thor/DQ/Valk/Ama/???/Saria which Apoc usually take the last spot. Hanzo can replace Ama IF you don't need bind clear for that Dungeon. He can also replace Apoc for Saria+Hanzo and DQ+Valk combo. In that case, Wukong shall replace DQ to avoid conflict with Hanzo.

foxwaffles likes this.
  16. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I generally agree with Vahneo. Hanzo can be used to speed up runs in easier dungeons, but for difficult dungeons where every active matters, he isn't really worth it. He combos well with Saria, but Valk combos well with everyone.

I realized before making my meager four rolls last night that there is one potentially interesting place for Hanzo: on Baal coop speed-farming teams. Outside of that, meh. (Didn't get Hanzo anyway, but I did get Sandal on my final roll.)

foxwaffles likes this.
  17. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah, pulled 2x Hanzo in 6 pulls and was pretty stoked. His main downside is his HP but on saria/thor it does not really matter.
    But yeah, I'm not sure he's really useful. Too bad.

The best 4 stars are Sandal and Medjedra (he's pretty neat once skilled seriously!)

18. Chitostyle

Chitostyle Active Member

Any reason to use Valk over Pollux if you have her?

I have never tried a Saria/Thor team out, but I have some great subs:

Ilm
    Apoc
    Wukong
    Pollux
    DQ
    Venus
    Raph
    Apollo
    Thor

I was thinking of using:

where Apoc is flex.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  19. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    Well Pollux has a slightly longer cooldown, there are a few instances where you *need* that 5-turn cooldown, but ultimately Pollux is probably a little bit better. Valk just tends to be more common since she's, you know, farmable.

Chitostyle and MisterDrgn like this.
  20. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yeah, great subs. The only thing missing is AAma for bind clear. DQ and Wukong can clear with a row of hearts, if they themselves are not bound, but in a few cases you may need to bring a dedicated bind clearer. Maybe like a light dragon knight, if you have one lying around? Assuming you actually don't have Ama or LMeta.

I would run DQ/Pollux/Apoc, and make Ilm the flex sub. In fact, maybe just bring Apollo in that spot by default. Venus is a great option to sub in when you need extra firepower. Mind you, you generally don't, but in rogue dungeons or no awoken skills dungeons, she helps.

Speaking for myself, I have a max-skill Ilm, and I've never brought him on my team. I can see the appeal, but I just prefer flexible orb-changers lie DQ and Wukong, who can be used both offensively and defensively, and who aren't on such long CDs.

Chitostyle likes this.