[WIP, Team Guide] Norn of the Past, Urd

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Seika, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Recent Updates

05.28.17 - Massive updates to the guide coming
    this week. I'm back for real this time~ Urd got a split ult!!

[​IMG]

09.23.16 - I'm alive, I swear. x.x Going to update this guide within the next week, starting with making sure Urd's stats are current. I may honestly make the guide a fair bit more concise. I feel like it's a little intimidating for a new player to read, and since Urd falls off Late-End game at the moment (sadly), this guide is most-likely to be used by new players.

03.12.16 - I liiiiivvvee!! Updatedfor Urd's Uevo and a couple new subs, such as Awoken Hermes. More updates to come this week!

11.21.15 - Updated a few cards who are no longer JP-only and added Volsungr to the subs section!

10.06.15 - Subs are all updated now, everything is current! Added hyperlinks in the index section for easier browsing! EU friend list now too?!

10.02.15 - FRIEND LISTS are up for both JP and US servers! Provided links to friend finders for both versions. as well.

9.30.15 - Still alive!! XD; Friend list docs added to the appropriate section later this evening!

03.22.15 - Strategic Team Building section is finally up!! Everyday Farming Teams and Pre-Descend Subs section are up next.

04.18.15 - After that moment of ecstasy upon seeing the new Uevos...I'd like to apologize for the lack of updates. I've had to do a fair bit of extra work the past couple weeks, and I realized in the middle of writing the strategic section that I needed to change its organization and got intimidated by it a bit.

Fixing that tonight. Then the remaining sections. If I can stay on a schedule, it should all be finished within the week and then just need fine-tuning. :D I'll be reading through the entire thread as well.

03.22.15 - Team Builds are up!! Strategic Team Building section later on tonight!

03.21.15 - Everyday Farming Team Build section is up! My lack of sleep last night has finally caught up with me, however (thanks insomnia!), and I do not have the mental clarity to tackle the Descend Teams and Strategic Team Building sections tonight. I'll take those on in the morning, and am looking to fill out the Pre-Descend Subs section after that. Maybe a Friend List and plus egg guide by Monday night?!

03.21.15 - Edits and formatting are now complete! Guide is back to working order. Tackling those team guides next~ :D

03.21.15 - I'm back! I really really apologize about my absence, everyone.. ;__; I feel horrible about it, especially with how much attention this thread's gotten. Insomnia and some other things ruined my productivity for the past few weeks. However, I do have an update to accompany my excuses!

The forum changeover is awesome, but it's left me some work to do with formatting icons and such (and my sig, which I'll tackle before the weekend is over!) . I've used the opportunity to re-organize subs by their roles, and the table of contents should reflect that. I'm now going to copy-and-paste a bunch of lines from OpenOffice and we'll see how it goes.. Working on barebones Team Guides afterwards, icons first and explanations later!!

[​IMG]

Table of Contents
    1. Introduction
    Why Urd?
    Pros and Cons
    2. Leaders
    Recommended
    Situational
    3. Subs
    Orb Changers
    Orb Enhancers
    More Subs
    Attack Ehancers
    Utility Subs
    More Subs!!
    P
    re-Descend Farmable Subs
    JP-Exclusive Subs
    4. Teams Builds
    Everyday Farming
    TPA Team
    Attacker TPA Team
    Row Team?!
    5. Descend Strategies and Video Guides (Coming Soon!)
    Easy Descends
    Medium Descends
    Hard Descends
    Weekday Mythicals
    6. Friend List & Miscellaneous Topics
    Friend List
    Plus Egg Priorities?!

Introduction
    Overview:

Hello there! I see you've rolled Urd! Whether this goddess of time is the first egg out of the REM for you, or she's one of many, you're probably curious if she's worth running. Congratulations, you've just rolled one of the most capable team leaders in current play! It is my hope that this guide is useful to anyone looking to run Urd, whether they've just picked up the game or have been playing for years. Read on to find out how to make the most of her!

Why Urd?

So...why should you run Urd? You've already got teams up and running, maybe with plus eggs invested into them. Here's why.

Reminiscent Norn, Urd

HP:
    ATK: 1888
    RCV: 471
    Active Skill: Changes all orbs to Fire, Water, & Heart orbs.
    Leader Skill: Fire ATT cards ATK x3. (ATK x3.3 when HP at 100%, ATK x3.15 above 50%).
    Water ATT cards HP x1.35, RCV x1.35.

Between her God and Attacker typing, Urd is blessed with a high attack stat, exceptional recovery for a Fire ATT monster, and considerable HP for the same. Her real strength, however, lies in the combination of her leader skill and active. The bonus from her leader skill is not HP-reliant like other mono-fire leads such as Ame no Uzume or Guan Yu, and the HP and RCV bonuses stack with a Norn friend for a total of x1.82 to each, all while keeping that stacked 9x ATK!! That's more of a total bonus than a Ronia/LuBu team could ever hope for!. :p

Her active turns the board into Fire, Water, and Heart orbs, letting her deal fierce damage while at the same time healing up for the next big attack or a pre-emptive on the next floor, while dealing 9x damage! The final bonus comes back to that Attacker typing – King Flamie fits in wonderfully for when you need that extra burst, and even in the color to match her leader skill! Her versatility is matched only by her counterparts, and with fire subs so easy to come by, even new players will find it easy to build a team for her! So really...the question is, why not run Urd?

Pros and Cons

Amazing leader skill
    Phenomenal and versatile active
    Easy to acquire fire subs make for easily farmable teams!
    Red main ATT generally means high attack subs
    Full Attacker team allows for a fast-paced, rushdown playstle; no stalling!
    Can survive many of the hard-hitting descends
    Access to Echidna!
    Access to a Heartbreaker that meets both ATTs for Leader Skill bonuses!
    Access to Red Chester for 100% Skill-Bind immunity!!
    Makes best use of Red Sonia, the Sonia you're most likely to have, out of all the Norns!
    Urd is the only Norn with a boost to both RCV and HP for monsters of her sub ATT
    Gung-Ho loves fire, and Urd will most likely have better subs released sooner than her sisters!

Extremely limited sub pool if you want to match both Main and Sub Attribute
    REM has the best subs
    Little to no Blue subs means little HP/RCV boost

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  2. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Leader Section

Recommended

Reminiscent Norn, Urd

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

God/Attacker
    HP:
    ATK: 1888
    RCV: 471
    Leader Skill: Fire ATT cards ATK x3. (ATK x3.3 when HP at 100%, ATK x3.15 above 50%). Water ATT cards HP x1.35, RCV x 1.35.

Of course, the ideal leader to pair with is another Urd. You're looking at a x9-10.89 ATK bonus to fire ATT, and a x1.8 HP and RCV bonus to water ATT, as well as two board-change actives, which are wonderful for poison, jammer, and orb-troll issues. They of course benefit from each other's leader skill. What's not to love?

Paradise Norn, Urd

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

God/Attacker
    HP:
    ATK: 1688
    RCV: 112
    Leader Skill: Water ATT cards ATK x3. (ATK x3.3 when HP at 100%, ATK x3.15 above 50%). Fire ATT cards HP x1.35, RCV x 1.35.

If you were lucky enough to roll Summer Urd, congratulations, she makes a great leader to pair with, especially on water-heavy teams. She's Urd with water and fire flipped so there's not much to say that I haven't already, other than that I like her bathing suit! Hopefully she'll recieve an Uevo, too!

Red Ring Sorceress, Theurgia

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attacker/Devil
    HP:
    ATK: 1650
    RCV: 246
    Active Skill: Randomly spawns 2 Fire orbs. Enhance Fire orbs, +6% per orb/+180% for full board.
    Leader Skill: US: Fire ATT ATK x2.5. Water ATT ATK x1.4. ATK x3.5 if both attributes are met.

Not qutie Urd, but she gives that wonderful x3.5 ATK bonus all the same as long as you're attacking with both Fire and Water Orbs at the same time. Since you'll be running at least a Fire/Water team, you'll want to be attacking with both. Lines up wonderfully with Urd's active! HP is lacking and recovery is half that of Urd's, but the LS and Attacker type synergy is what you care about here, and if you don't have Urd but managed to get this girl, she makes a great alternative leader for a type team and in general.

Art Goddess of Entertainment, Ame no Uzume
    '
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

God/Balanced
    HP:
    ATK: 1325
    RCV: 501
    Active Skill: All ATT cards RCV x1.5 for 4 turns. Bind recovery for 4 turns.
    Leader Skill: Fire ATT cards ATK x3.5 when HP is greater than 80$.

Ame no Uzume's new Uevo is turns her from a great sub to a perfect sub, and these same aspects amke her a great leader to pair with. One of Urd's greatest weaknesses is binds and with the dual bind-resist and the bind-clear active, that problem is solved completely. Unfortunately, there's no RCV/HP modifier and the x3.5ATK is conditional, but with all the RCV Ame brings, you shouldn't be below 80% for more than a turn as long as you have the heart orbs sitting around. A great leader if you need bind-clears for a dungeon and don't have any options of your own!

Awoken Freyr

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attacker/Physical
    HP:
    ATK: 1712
    RCV: 137
    Active Skill: Fire and Water ATT ATK x2 for 1 turn. Reduces CD of other skills by 1 turn.
    Leader Skill: Fire ATT ATK & RCV x2.5. Fire ATK ATK x1.3 on the turn a skill is used.

Freyer is now an awesome leader for us - he's basically a Fire ATT Ronia now, like all of the Awoken Norse gods, at least with respect to their LS. HP isn't much of an issue for Urd teams if your cards are max level, but fire has always suffered in the RCV department, and Freyr fixes that nicely. With him, you can stall incredibly easily, but you still get a nice ATK boost whenever you use a skill. The best part? He has two rows and two TPAs, so he'll work with whatever kind of team you're running!

Awoken Shiva

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attacker/Devil
    HP:
    ATK: 1902
    RCV: 53
    Active Skill: Reduce enemy defense by 75% for 1 turn. Effects carry forward on sweep. Enhance Fire and Heart orbs.
    Leader Skill: Fire ATT ATK x1.5, RCV x1.5. ATK x2 at 4 combos. ATK x0.5 for each additional combo, up to ATK x3 at 6 combos.

Awoken Shiva is a monster, so much so that I've seen a lot of people on my friend list switching from Urd to him. It's kinda sad. :< On the bright side, he's a perfect leader to pair with - regardless of whether you're running F?W subs, you'll get a RCV and HP bonus, and as long as you can combo decently, you're be getting x3.5 ATK most of the time. On top of that, if you're running a TPA team, he meshes very well. Absolutely worth using - I find myself using him often on my JP account just because I don't have a Shiva or ATK booster of my own. He tends to come in handy

Awoken Hermes

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Devil/Attacker
    HP: 2274
    ATK: 1998
    RCV: 564

Active Skill: Changes Water and Wood orbs to Fire, increase skyfall chance of water orbs by 15% for 2 turns.
    Leader Skill: Water ATT. HP/ATK x2. All ATT x2 reaching Water and Fire combos.

Awoken Hermes is a great leader to pair with for Urd, particularly with Water-heavy teams or when you need a little tankier of a team. There should be no trouble activating the second part of his LS if you're running a dual-type team in the first place. He comes with a TPA, and two rows to take advantage of those times where you have a lot of water orbs on the board! Absolutely worth having a few of these on your friend list!
    Heroic God-Emperor, Yamato Takeru

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

God/Dragon/Attacker
    HP:
    ATK: 1701
    RCV: 428
    Active Skill: Changes Wood orbs to Fire and Dark orbs to Heart orbs.
    Leader Skill: ATK x 2 when clearing 4 connected Fire orbs. ATK x.0.5 for each additional orb up to ATK x5 at 10 orbs.

If you're running a row team, Yamato Takeru's new Uevo makes for a beautiful lead to pair with. The incredibly strong, easy spike damage activate, coupled with three rows adn a bind clear, means there sin't much that will stand in your way. A lot of people seem to be using him, as well, so you might find him among your friend list already!

Winged Star Angel, Rozuel

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

God/Attacker
    HP:
    ATK: 1613
    RCV: 0
    Active Skill: Change Light orbs to Heart orbs.
    Leader Skill: Attacker type cards ATK x1.25, RCV x1.25. All ATT ATK x3 when reaching 2 sets of Fire combos, or a Fire and Water combo.

Part of the new Angel series, a new take on the Heartmakers we've come to know and love. She's not quite Urd, but she's got a perfect-match attribute pairing, Attacker typing, and she's unbindable, a rarity among Fire subs, let alone Fire/Water monsters. She has a bind clear awakening as well, which is another rarity, and even comes with a skill boost. She also has that Attacker typing, which just makes an Attacker team all the more enticing! Hopefully we'll get her US-side soon!

Divine Brave General, Krishna

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

God
    HP:
    ATK: 1517
    RCV: 203
    Active Skill: Increase skyfall chance of Fire orbs by 15% for 3 turns.
    Leader Skill: All ATT ATK x3 when reaching 2 sets of Fire combos, ATK x4.5 for 3 sets.

Krishna is in the same vein as Yamato, all spike, no stall. The constant ATK boost from Urd will help you clear trash so you can save the active for bosses. He'll work best with an orb changer to activate his LS more frequently, since his active won't always be available. The fire orb enhance awakenings are nice, but the row enhance won't see much use unless you're going for a row team. More on that in the teams section.

Karmic Destroyer, Shiva/Destroying Creator, Shiva

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

God/Physical/God/Devil
    HP:
    4131/3331
    ATK: 1452/1802
    RCV: 125/125
    Active Skill: Reduce enemy defense to 0 for one turn, effects carry forward on sweep (killing the entire screen on one turn). Enhance Fire orbs.
    F/W Leader Skill: Fire ATT and Physical type cards HP, ATK & RCV x1.5.
    F/D Leader Skill: Fire ATT and Physical type cards HP, ATK & RCV x1.5.

Shiva makes an awesome leader to pair with in both forms. That active is amazing and will generaly negate the need for a damage boost, and fire orb enh pairs great with Urd's active.

His F/W Ult gives a x1.5 bonus to all stats for Fire ATTs, which your team should be full of, and he benefits from the HP and RCV bonus from Urd so his already formidable HP doubles!! It's less of a spike team, but it makes for a great 2/4.5/2/2 team if you're running a team full of F/W subs, which are admittedly hard to come by on the US-side. So it's more likely you're running a 1.5/4.5/1.5 team, which is still incredibly stable, and combined with his active, taking down a boss should be no problem.

His F/D ult brings us back to that rushdown, “kill them before they kill you” playstyle! He doesn't benefit from Urd's HP/RCV boost, but leading with him means you probably won't need it, and his two row enh. awakenings make a row team potentially viable.

Situational

Iwato's Dancing Goddess, Ame no Uzume

God/Attacker
    Active Skill:
    All ATT RCV x1.5 for 4 turns. Bind recovery for 4 turns.
    Leader Skill: Fire ATT ATK x3.5 when HP is greater than 80%.

Great RCV, LS is comparable to Urd's, and with her RCV and that active, you shouldn't often be missing that full 10.5x ATK. The active really helps when you know you'll need to heal a series of big hits in a row, and as such is great for back-to-back bosses. Attacker typing synergizes well!

Freyr, the Blazing Swordsman

God/Attacker
    Active Skill:
    Fire ATK x30 to 1 enemy. Fire ATT ATK x1.5 for 3 turns.
    Leader Skill: Fire ATT and Attacker type cards ATK x2, RCV x2

Great Attacker teams, two rows make a row team viable. You can do a little better than Freyr, honestly, since most Attacker teams won't have the HP to big hits, but if you're looking to take a lot of small hits and recover quickly, he's worth considering. While the damage on the active is affected by enemy element and defense, the real strength is in that damage boost, and coupled with other actives, it can help you power through a couple bosses back-to-back, and take out the last one in a single turn.

Conquering Martial Deity, Cao Cao

God/Attacker
    Active Skill:
    Delay 1 turn to all enemies. Change Water orbs to Fire orbs.
    Leader Skill: Attacker type cards HP x1.35, ATK x3

Usually the go-to for Fire type Attacker teams in the past, the unconditional HP and ATK boost from his LS lets you consistently deal damage in line with two Urd leaders, and gives you a little extra HP. Downside is his active gets rid of your Water orbs, but if you're running an all-Fire team with few Water types, it's not the end of the world. Skill-bind resistance awakening towards the five needed for immunity is nice.

Blazing Deity Falcon, Horus

God/Attacker
    Active Skill:
    Enhance fire orbs.
    Leader Skill: ATK x4 when matching 4 of the following orb types: Fire, Water, Wood, Light, & Dark. ATK x1 for each additional orb type, up to ATK x5 for all 5 types.

Good for an Attacker team. That +time awakening helps make the matches you'll need to active his LS, and the skill-bind resist will let you get to that 100% with a Red Chester. Considering you're mostly going to want red or red/blue cards, to benefit from Urd's LS, you can do better. He'll do if you don't have someone else.

Awoken Leilan

Attacker/Physical
    Active Skill:
    Change board to Fire, Wood, and Light orbs. Reduce CD of other skills by 1 turn.
    Leader Skill: ATK x3.5 when attacking with Fire, Wood, & Light orbs at the same time.

Leilan's awoken form is an interesting choice to pair with since she comes with 30% damage reduction to Fire, Wood, and Light. However, you're going to need to bring a couple subs who meet her color requirements. Honestly, she makes a better sub for row teams, particularly if you're bringing a Yamato Takeru or Chiyome along with her. She's a great leader, there's just better options for us.

Divine Harbinger Suzaku, Leilan

God/Attacker
    Active Skill:
    Change board to Fire, Wood, and Light orbs.
    Leader Skill: ATK x3.5 when attacking with Fire, Wood, & Light orbs at the same time.

Good for Attacker teams, and has a TPA, but needing a Wood sub-attribute on someone to activate can be difficult. Hurricane Volcano Dragon or Flare Drall fill that niche well, as they comes with an Attacker typing. You also have to have those orb types on the board to activate her LS, which isn't always possible If you're not running an Attacker team, or if you are and have better options, stick with them instead of Leilan.

Burning God, Set

God
    Active Skill:
    Change heart orbs to Fire. Fire ATT ATK x1.5 for 1 turn.
    Leader Skill: Fire ATT HP and RCV x 1.35. ATK x4.5 when matching 4 of the following orb types: Fire, Water, Wood, Light, Dark & Heart

Gives some much-needed HP and RCV to Fire monsters, and like Horus, really only useful if you break from trying to match Urd's LS to active him often and reliably. He only has God typing right now, so Attacker teams aren't so much of an option here., however the active is decent considering you'll be running all fire. You can do better.

Blue Flame Ifrit

Dragon/Attacker
    Active Skill:
    Fire ATK x20 on all enemies. Fire ATT ATK x1.3 for 2 turns.
    Leader Skill: Fire and Water ATT HP x1.5, ATK x2.

Listed only because he benefits from Urd's LS, and gives some HP and ATK to Fire/Water. The attack part of his active is effected by enemy element and defense. Use as a last resort.

Awoken Phantom God, Odin

God
    Active Skill:
    Dark attack of ATK x50 to all enemies. Affected by eleemnt and defense. Inflict Poison damage of ATK x10 to all enemies every turn.. Ignores element and defense.
    Leader Skill: Fire ATT and God type cards HP x1.5, ATK x2.5.

Work for an Attacker or God team. Three row enh. make a row team viable, but there are better options, even with his three skill-boosts and insane HP/ATK. Better as a sub, but can work as a leader if you're lacking other options.

Firedragon Grand Tyrannos

Dragon
    Active Skill:
    Fire ATK x20 on all enemies. Fire ATT ATK x1.3 for 2 turns.
    Leader Skill: Fire ATT ATK x2, RCV x2.

Only use if you have no other options. Anyone else would be better. Literally.

Shining Sea Deity, Isis

God/Physical
    Active Skill:
    Recover RCV x3 HP. Bind recovery for 2 turns.
    Leader Skill: ATK x3 when matching 3 of the following orb types: Fire, Water, Wood, Light, Dark and Heart. ATK x0.5 for each additional orb type, up to ATK x4.5 for all 6 matches.

Yes, Isis, She doesn't gain anything from Urd's ATK boost, but her high HP and RCV are boosted by the second half of Urd's LS. The easily triggered 3x ATK is nice, and she covers light. Unbindable, too. She works, but there's a reason she's at the bottom of this list.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Nixgal, bitwalk and plague like this.
  3. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Orb-Changers

REM Subs

Reminiscent Norn, Urd

Our little guide star happens to make the best sub for herself! Just one gets you to that 120% rate of Enh fire orbs to make every orb spawned enhanced. TPA is wlecome, as is that skill boost. I wouldn't suggest more than run unless you're running four of them and a booster such as Flamie or Nim.

Drilling Shark, Megalodran

Great RCV and decent stats otherwise, but outshined by other REM otpions. That F/W tayping is really nice, however, and every team needs a heartmaker from time-to-time. Like the rest of the Toy Dragon series, his awakenings leave much to be desired.

Beast Rider, Wiz Merlin

Finishing up the last of our REM perfect-match orb changers is one of the best – Beast Rider, Wiz Merlin comes with Attacker typing, two TPAs, a skill-block resist, and a Fire and Water row enhance. If that wasn't enough, his active turns Fire orbs to Water and Hearts to Fire, complimenting Urd's active perfectly. If you don't have him, there's two other options; one is JP-exclusive and the other is farmable in a collab. Check the appropriate sections for more details!

Marvelous Red Dragon Caller, Sonia

Mah girl. <3 She makes an amazing Urd sub with her board-change active, rows, skill boosts, and time extension. Oh, and that bind-clear awakening. Match a row of heart, clear 3 turns of bind; invaluable. If you don't have the Uevo, you're missing out on 200 HP, 50 ATK, and that time extension awakening. Not the end of the world. The more time extensions you can get though, the better. She works on a mostly F/W team but she really shines when you have other subs to make use of those spawned dark orbs. Until they give us a F/W sub that changes Dark to Water..

Heroic God-Empreror, Yamato Takeru

This man makes an amazing sub. Closest thing we have to a Fire-Water orb changer but it requires a Seigfried to make it happen. Not generally worth using two actives like that but it IS an option. You could also pair in a Red Valk instead. Comes with a delicious skill-bind resist and a bind clear awakening. Great for a row team with those three rows!

Phoenix Goddess, Valkyrie Femme

One of your Heartbreaker options. The only way she could be a better sub is if she was F/W or F/D instead of F/L. Great sub for a TPA team with two TPA awakenings, but that row makes her work well in row builds. If you have her, you should be running her in all but the rarest of cases.

Awoken Kagutsuchi

If you have him, you should be running him. Why? Three TPAs, a skill boost, and a row enhance.
    His active works best in a heavy Dark-subtype team, since it changes Water to Fire and Hearts to Dark, but it has its place otherwise. His other Uevo options (if you don't have the Dark Izanami, Wangren, and spirit jewels siting around) are alright, and come with two TPAs and a row, but really, shoot for this Uevo. The active alone is worth it, and so are the stats and the Attacker typing.

Shining Wing Kiriko, Another

Had I known about this monster when the Shinrabansho collab was around, I probably would've rolled - she boasts a rare if not singularly unique Attacker/Healer typing, along with a row and a TPA, as well as a skill-bind resist! On top of that, her active changes the board to Fire, Light, and Heart orbs. Given that most people who have Red Valk run her, this works well with with a lot of possible off-syngery Urd subs. If you have her, I would use her!

Lightning Red Dragonbound, Gadius

I'd argue that Urd's more a sub for him than the other way around, but this is an Urd guide and he honestly makes a really good Urd sub! he comes with two fire row enh.s and a bind clear awakening, as well as a time extend! His active is another board-changing active, this time to Fire, Light, Dark, and Heart, which works well with that bind-clear awakening, as well as other orb changers on your team, like say, Gigas or Chiyome. Definitely worth using if you were lucky enough to roll one!

Fierce Warrior, Sanada Yukimura

Sanada Yukimura is one of the new Sengoku pantheon of gods and makes a really great Urd sub; he comes with Attacker typing, two rows, a skill-bind resist, and an active that changes Water to Fire, Light to Hearts, and enhances Fire orbs. It also starts at only 13 turns, and is 8 when maxed. If you have him and don't care about synergy, run him, especially if you're running a row team.

Inferno Sorcerer, Laila

Attacker typing, TPA, row enh., Skill boost, and a great active that turns the top row into Fire Orbs. Elusive for me, but worth running if you've got her! Arguably over some others, with that 531 RCV!

God of the Destroying Lance, Odin

Ahahahaha. <3 With his Uevo, Odin has gone from beautiful stat-stick to world-destroying stat-stick with his four row enhances. As if his Poison active wasn't enough already. He even keeps his Attacker typing to mesh well with Flamie/Nim. If you have him and you're running a row team, you should be using him.

War Deity of the Magic Spear, Odin

No, I'm not crazy. While he doesn't receive the x3 ATK bonus, his 4531 HP ican help make up for the low HP courtesy of Urd's LS that Attackers sometimes have if you're trying to hit that HP threshold. His three Water row enhances and three TPAs help make-up for the lack of ATK boost from Urd's LS as well.

Valiant & Loyal Diety, Guan Yu

Great HP, and great ATK. Active isn't as short as a Heartbreaker's but the 3000 HP heal is a nice trade-off. The double auto-heals/skill-boosts are welcome, as is the 50% chance to resist binds. Row enh makes him great for row teams. Absolutely worth running if you have him.

Blazing Dragonfire Angel, Uriel

Really nice orb change that doesn't conflict with a F/W team, and incredibly RCV. Skill-bind resist and auto-recover awakenings are nice, and row enh awakening makes him awesome on a row team.

Awoken Minerva

Really nice stats all-around, the full bind-resist and 40% jammer-resist is nice, as is the fire row and skill boost. Lowers defense by 50% and turns Dark orbs to Fire orbs. The other evos aren't really worth it by comparison, but if you absolutely have to use one of the two, go with the light evo.

Blazing Shrine Maiden, Chiyome

No Attacker typing, sadly, but a wonderful TPA and a 5-turn orb change! Row enh and skill boost on top of that. Great option if you lack a Heartbreaker, but I suggest either of them be max-skilled. Great if you have a Heartbreaker too; sometimes you need two quick orb-changes.

Avenging War Deity, Ares

Ares' new Uevo is amazing for row teams - he comes with 3 row enhances and a skill-bind resist, among other things...like 3712 HP. He also comes with a TPA to help make up for the ATK loss compared to his F/D Uevo below. If you have to chose between one or the other, I'd honestly suggest this one.

War Deity of Fury, Ares

Look at that disgustingly high attack!! He has no RCV, but I don't care and neither should you. He comes with a row enh, skill boost, and a total 40% resistance to blind attacks, which is nice. The active is kinda iffy in that it gets rid of water orbs in addition to heart orbs, but it does honestly pair nicely with Urd's active for the times that you need a full fire board. :D Absolutely worth using, especially in a heavy Dark/Fire team.

Surging Demon Lord, Belial

Nice stats, two skill-boosts and two row enh awakenings. The counter part of his active is actually pretty awesome, and the Wood to Fire change works really nice with the following subs!

Bonfire Fox, Mitsuki

Glorious Attacker typing, and really nice RCV. Active changes Wood and Light to Hearts, which pairs wonderfully with the next few subs. Comes with a skill-bind resist, row enh, bind clear awakening, and a couple auto-heals on-match. She has great synergy with these next few subs.

Awoken Leilan

Mah other girl got an Awoken Uevo. <3 Leiln is now a great sub for Urd row teams, especially when combined with Yamato Takeru or Chiyome, and there-in lies the only real issue - her board-change active gives us two colors we don't really care about. As long as you can get rid of one, her active is great! She even comes with a time extend and a skill-bind resist, which only makes her more enticing. The other thing I've not mentioned is her skill-haste, which becomes more and more useful the higher your skill-level on your other cards. If you don't want to play towards color synergy, and you certainly don't have to with Urd, Awoken Leilan makes a really great sub.

Divine Harbinger Suzaku, Leilan

Mah other girl. <3 Works well if you're using a lot of the other subs around her in this list, and it's really the only way her active becomes relevant – with orb-changers that turn Light or Wood (Or both! Looking at you, Mitsuki~) to Hearts or Fire. Generally, using 3-4 actives just to set up a decent board is inefficient and bad strategy, but if you really wanna run an Urd team like this, you can. And it's better than Leilan's color-conditional LS. Comes with some orb enh.s, a fire and light, row enh, and a delicious TPA! Did I mention the Attacker typing? Her other Uevo has no uses for us, so don't bother.

Dino Rider, Wild Drake

Attacker typing, and decent stats, like most of the riders. Nothing compared to some of the gods, but what you get in exchange is a double-orb change, in this case, Wood to Fire and Heart to Wood. What makes him potentially worth a spot despite being geared more towards Verdandi is those two TPAs and that row enh. If you're like me and don't have Beast Rider, Wiz Merlin, he's worth considering if you have a relevant team composition. If you do have Merlin, run him instead.

Flame-Winged CyberBeast, Markab

One of the new CyberBeast monsters, it's..honestly a decent sub for TPA-based teams. The active is Laila's with a 1-turn skill-haste, and he's unbindable on top of that. He especailly works well if you're pairing with a Leilan for some reason and need to hit that Wood ATT to active her LS.

Blazing CyberDragon, Thuban

Another one of Gungho's new machine cards - the CyberDragons, Thuban works great in row teams, especially with his active. setting up a fire row. It comes with two row enhances along with two bind-resist awakenings. He even comes with skill-haste build into his active!

Scorched Claw Dragon, Flare Drall

Fire's toy dragon, while geared more towards Verdandi, still has uses when you need hearts, or want to pair with one of the above. Attacker typing as well, but otherwise not much to say in his own defense. Also, he's apparently farmable JP-side, so if you're really hurting for Urd subs and you're lucky enough to catch that Descend, it's an option.

Non-REM Subs

大弯の海龍王, Volsungr - Currently JP Only

Volsungr is an amazing Urd sub, and farmable at that, if a little difficult to obtain. He brings us an L.Kali active in the exact attribute-combination we need, and on top of that, his active halves Dragon and Attacker damage for one turn, which has strategic uses for when you don't want to hit an enrage point or get past high-damage absorbs like Sopdet. It also works as a nice board reset to let you stall for one more turn and then orb-change your way to really nice burst.This is to say nothing of the 4000 HP or the 1800 ATK boosted by Urd's leader skill. He also comes with a skill bind resist and a couple heal and water orb enhances to make the most of those Urd actives!

Blast Aurora Dragon

Very nice HP due to that Physical typing, decent ATK, decent RCV. His active, which turns Light to Water and comes with a 20K Water hit that's affected by enemy element and defense, is a total pain to skill-up unless you're using the lvl 99 Uevo method, and that's the method I recommend if you choose to do so. LS provides 55% Water damage reduction, but I highly suggest replacing him ASAP.

Earth-Rending Emperor, Siegfried

This is your Heartbreaker, especially if you're running a heavy F/W team. Amazing HP, good ATK, and meh RCV, consistent with his Physical typing. Awakenings are so-so but you're running him for his Active, which turns Hearts to Water.. Easy sub to pick up, and definitely worth using on a regular basis, if not worth a permanent spot on your team despite his competition.

Gigas the Great

Your other option for Non-REM Hearbreakers is this tank. With the second-highest HP in the game, and decent ATK, his only downside is the negative RCV. His active turns Hearts to Fire, which is great for us, and his awakenings, while nothing amazing, aren't horrible. Definitely worth including in your team if you're not running a full F/W team!

Avowed Thief, Ishikawa Goemon

Awesome HP, decent ATK and RCV, and comes with an Active that changes the entire board to Fire orbs. His Uevo brings his active skill down from 30 turns to 20 turns unleveled, and reduces your HP to one...which is great if you're running a Goemon lead but not so much for Urd. He comes with two row enh, a fire orb enh and a skill bind, but there's honestly better subs out there - Goemon's much better as a leader, and we already have one of those. :p

King Mastering

Mastering comes with amazing HP, decent ATK and decent RCV for a Fire type. His active is a really nice emergency button, and he comes with an awakening that gives 20% chance to resist poison, which helps if you're lacking Red Chester. Worth using until you get a better orb-changer.\\

Gluttonous Mystic, Zhu Bajie

Last in this section is the recently released Zhu Bajie, who makes a nice...dare I say better alternative to King Mastering, bringing a board shuffle and a farmable skill-bind resist. So yes, if you really needed to, you could farm up three of these, evo them, and pair with another Urd to get your 100$ skill-block. His active also skills up from 21 turns to 6, assuming you want to put in the work. He's a really nice placeholder sub and absolutely worth using while you're waiting for better options!

Orb-Enhancers

REM Subs
    Awoken Horus

Awoken Horus is a nice improvement over his other forms, with two skill-bind resists, which makes Chester irrelevent now - you can hit 100$ skill-bind resist easily on your own now. He also comes with a TPA, a time-enh. and a couple fire orb enhances. He makes a great sub for that final board enhance on the boss floor, and brings enough to the team to validate his spot along the way!

Blazing Falcon Deity, Horus

Nice Fire orb Enhancement Active, a welcome time extension, and a skill boost. Oh, and that delicious Attacker typing. The 5% water resist is nice if you feel like doing something silly...like running Hera-Is with an Urd team. See the Descend Videos section to watch Vorpal do just that, sans Horus unfortunately.

Fierce Warrior, Sanada Yukimura

He gets a mention here in addition to the Orb Enhancer section since his active fills both roles!

Non-REM Subs

Red Ring Sorceress, Theurgia

We're starting off the non-REM orb enhancer section strong with one of the best subs for Urd who also doubles as a great leader if you need a bit of extra ATK. Unfortunately, her awakenings are kind of meh, but considering the amount of orb-changes you'll probably have, the two Fire and Water orb enhs will guarantee that what you do have show up will be enhanced. Just in case you can't hit that 6 for fire, she comes with an Active that randomly spawns 2 Fire orbs and enhances Fire orbs. If you managed to grab her from Grimoire Descended, you should be using her if you're running a F/W team, or an Attacker team.

Unyielding Samurai Dragon King, Zaerog

This bad boy comes with that delicious Attacker typing, decent HP considering that, and pretty awesome attack considering he's actually farmable. Granted, you'll need a pretty good team to acquire him at all, let alone the mats for this Uevo. His Active is a Fire orb enhance that comes with a 15% Gravity, which is as nice compliment to his TPA and skill-boost awakenings (the other two being inconsequential). Absolutely worth running in an Attacker team, as well as a Fire/Dark team, assuming you have him in the first place.

Awoken Dancing Queen, Hera-ur

If you can reach that 6 orb enh. awakening, she's better than Horus in every way but the skill-boost and the Attacker typing, assuming you're running an Attacker team. The TPA and row enh make her great for either type of team, and the orb enh. awakening helps you reach that needed 6. The mini-gravity makes her active still have some use if all your fire orbs show up enhanced. Her non-Uevo form is still incredibly useful to us, in some senses more-so if you're running a Fire/Dark-heavy team.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  4. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Attack Enhancer Subs

REM Subs

Armored Blue Flame Knight, Nim

Delicious, delicious TPA. And a 1-turn 2.5x boost for Attackers for 1 turn. If you have her, run her. In fact, run an Attacker team. You don't have to though, and I'll cover more in Team Builds, but GungHo's making it too easy with all these F/W cards to put together an Attacker team... Maybe we should take a hint?

Awoken Freyr - Currently JP Only

Freyr's Awoken form gives us a x2 ATK hboost for 1 turn along with a 1-turn skill-haste. While this is a little less of a boost than Nim, he more than makes up for it with his awakenings , bringing two rows and two TPAs, as well as a skill-bind resist. I would basolutely recommend using him over Nim, jif not for the awakenings, then for the freedom he brings in allowing you to shift away from Attacker typing if you want to, since his enhancer is based off attribute and not typing.

Freyr, the Blazing Swordsman

Great Attacker sub with a nice x1.5 boost, the I&I of fire teams, quite literally. Two row boosts make him great for a row team.

Non-REM Subs

Blue Flame Ifrit

Delicious Attacker typing, decent HP, nice ATK, and decent RCV! That easily-obtainable F/W ATT is nice as well. He comes with two row enh and a skill boost, which makes him great on a row team, especially with his active, which gives Fire ATT x1.3 ATK for 2 turns, and a x20 ATK Fire attack. His double-fire Uevo is also worth using, considering the extra HP and TPA that you get, although you do lose the Attacker typing, so keep that in mind.

King Flamie

Our Attacker 3x dmg slime. Worth bringing along when you need that extra punch, because lets face it, no team starts with max-level, max-skill, +279 monsters, and you're going to need that extra power to your hit on some bosses. It WILL be the difference between life and death.

Utility Subs

REM Subs

Phoenix Rider, Valen

Staple Urd sub with a 4-turn 30% damage reduction. We've desperately needed this, seeing as fire cards tend to suffer in the HP and RCV departments, especially Attackers. He also brings two TPAs and a row to the party, for those times when you don't get the perfect TPA board. <3

Dominating Warrior King, Cao Cao

Cao Cao's new Uevo is honestly a better sub for Urd despite his green sub-attribute. He keeps his normal active butbrings a skill boost and two TPAs, His sub-attribute also becomes less of a concern if you aren't looking to keep color synergy with Urd's LS. Certainly a sub worth using!

Unifying Martial Deity, Cao Cao

Attacker typing, great awakenings, and a rare 1-turn delay and orb change. Sadly, it's Water to Fire, so it works best on a mainly Fire or Fire/Dark team. Definitely worth running all the same, especially if you need a strategic delay on an Attacker team but need the extra firepower that Echidna just doesn't provide.

笑覧の芸女神・アメノウズメ - Currently JP Only

Ame's new Uevo is absolutely perfect for us - she takes care of one of Urd's major weakness with her active, recovering binds for 4 turns and now being unbindable herself. Her sub-attribute being water also works wonderful for color synergy purposes. She even comes with a fire row enh to help dish out damage. I see no reason to not put her in a permanent spot on your team, especially if you're the type to go into dungeons blind.

Iwato's Dancing Goddess, Ame no Uzume

Awesome Attacker sub with really nice RCV, and an active that boosts RCV by 1.5 for 4 turns, and gives a 4 turn bind recovery – rare among fire monsters. Comes with a row enh and orb enh awakening, and 1,000HP heal per turn as long as you orb match. Great sub over-all, and if you have her, she's great for Descends where you're taking a bunch of hard hits in quick succession – anything with Leviathan comes to mind.

Twilight Sorcerer, Chester

Thought I was going to forget about him, didn't you? The absolute answer to skill-bindings comes with an amazing active to compliment those three skill-bind resist awakenings – 10% gravity and jammer and poison orbs to hearts. Great against Beelzebub, Wednesday Mythical, and for Spirit Jewel farming, pairing with another Urd with him in your team means complete skill- binding immunity. He also comes with a delicious TPA aand time awakening. If you're lucky enough to have him, use him.

Dancing Flame, Amaterasu Ohkami

Our final entry for REM utility subs is maybe unexpected. Ammy comes with a fire-subtype which gives her that access to Urd's ATK portion of her LS, and that delicious Attacker typing. Her active is incredibly useful for bind clears, clearing all binds, regardless of remaining duration; it also fully restores your HP, which is vital for doing maximum damage!! She comes with a bind recovery awakening so you can save that active for when you really need it (maybe never if you're running enough bind recovery awakenings!), and has a TPA to boot. Great for a TPA team, great for an Attacker TPA team. She'll get some special mention in Team Builds, so look out for that!

Non-REM Subs

5-Ore Magic Stone Dragon, Mithril Edge

Low ATK, decent HP, and low RCV. Comes with three Skill-Boosts! Notable for its Active which lets you switch places with the leader, and its LS which provides 50% damage reduction for Fire and Water. Has niche uses and is awesome in those situations, but outside of that should be replaced.

Mystic Pentad Dragon, Folklore

Nice HP, but low stats otherwise. The reason for that is his awesome LS, which gives all ATT ATK x5 at HP less than 5%, paired with an active that switches places with your leader. Best used when you know you're going to take damage that will knock you down to 1 HP, as when you switch out with your Urd you'll loose that HP bonus, which will affect your percentage of HP left.

Holy Night Santa Claus, Hera

A rare source of Gravity in a Fire monster, she's unfortunately only available during the Christmas event dungeon. Great HP, great ATK, and decent RCV. Her awakenings are nothing special, but that Gravity really is quite useful in certain circumstances. Absolutely worth using unless you're sitting on a bunch of REM monsters or running an Attacker team.

Crimson Lotus Mistress, Echidna

Our prime source of Delay on a short CD (10 turns if max-skilled!), the only complaint I really have is her lack of Attacker typing. :p That said, her 650 Rcv lets you stack one or two monsters that bring 0 RCV, or makes it easy to stay at full HP if every sub brings some RCV to the table. Her awakenings aren't the best, but the trade-off for arguably one of the best Actives in the game is more than enough compensation. On top of that, she benefits from Urd's LS, which is something Verdandi can't claim! Get one, max-skill her, and use her often when you can't curbstomp the dungeon you're going into.

Red Mech General, Elder Jotunn

Jotunn comes with an absurd 5076 HP, but low ATK and RCV. He's unbindable, which is nice, especially considering his Active, which reduces damage by 50% for 3 turns. Definitely great for hitting those HP thresholds.

A note on the Mini 3K-Gods who recently were released on US-side as well: They're alright, but better as leaders since their awakenings pale in comparison to their real cards. Similarly, one of their stats is truncated. I do not suggest using them as subs unless you have no better options. And we have a better leader already~

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  5. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Pre-Descend Farmable Subs

So you've cleared a bunch of dungeons but still can't handle Descends and want to know what options you have for subs? Look here!

Coming Soon

JP-Only Subs
    While this is an English board, there are people here who play on JP accounts. This small section is meant to touch on JP-only subs who will hopefully make it over to the US with time!

REM Subs

Super Saiyan 3 - Gotenks

Great stats, a rare Active that enchances Water and Fire orbs, Attacker typing, an ATK stat that rivals Athena's own Uevo, and an absurd amount of HP. He was literally made for Urd. Madness, you say? His awakenings are 3 Skill boosts, 2 TPAs, and a Fire and Water orb enh. If you were lucky enough to pull him from the collab REM, 1: I'm envious and 2: stop reading this and go throw Supers and Tamas at him immediately. He should have a permanent spot on your team.

6聖球・サタンマリア

Great ATK, nice HP and low RCV. If you were lucky enough to roll him, he'll work well in a F/D team. The Active isn't much, but his awakenings make up for it, with a TPA, time awakning, skill boost, fire row enh, and two skill-bind resists.

Champion Mr. Satan

Useful for farming weekend dungeon when you want extra gold and pairs nicely with Urd, or another Satan if you're in the mood to gamble. That's about it for him, even if his large number of awakenings bring utility and even with that two-turn delay active. Very useful in his niche!

Super Saiyan 3 - Goku

Rolled him? He makes an alright sub for either a row team or a TPA team, and is unbindable. Works best with other dragon subs since his active gives Dragon type cards ATK x1.5 for 1 turn, on top of an ATK x100 attack to one enemy. That said, you should replace him when you find something better. Unless y'know, you're running a full set of Dragon subs. Urd's just that versatile.

Non-REM Subs

緋の眼・クラピカ

Decent stats, comes with a 4-turn delay (!!) on a CD only slightly less than Orochi's, but comes with a Water row enh, a Water orb enh, and a time extension. You won't always get use his active, but when you do, you'll kill things to death.

サーティワン・ダブサファリット

This little guy is amazing! I happened to hang onto him and he's been incredibly useful. He's actually a Merlin skill-up, so if you have the Rider, use him instead. If not, he works just as well with Urd's active, and his stats aren't atrocious for a skill-up. That said, once I get the Rider, he'll be immediately replaced on my F/W team.

重装剣龍・ディアゴルドス

Great HP and ATK, low RCV but does come with Attacker typing! Active is kind of meh in that it randomly spawns 5 light orbs. Awakenings are so-so and it has some vague synertgy with the angel heartmaker, but otherwise has limited usefulness.

リオレウス&レウスネコ

These two have decent stats, an Active that gives F/D ATK x1.5 for 1 turn, and an ATK x100 Fire attack to one enemy. Two orb enhances and a row enh awakening, accompanied by a Poison resist one make him a decent sub for a F/D team.

ムラクモ&剛腕の巨人・ギガンテス

Attacker typing, high HP that's rare among this type, good ATK, and low RCV. A heartbreaker that's preferable to Gigas if you're running an Attacker team, he comes with a row enh, poisn resist, and an orb enh. If you have him, he's worth considering.

6. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Team Builds

This is where the leaders and subs all come together, where the parts become more than their whole! Forged in the fires of trial and error, below you'll find team builds for everyday purposes, descends, and specific strategic approaches.

Everyday Farming Teams

This kind of team is the team you'll use when running Weekday dungeons for evo mats, or farming skill-ups. It should be as mindless as possible to operate, because yes, you will eventually get bored of farming skill-ups and evo mats. Unfortunately, much like the Korean archers who repeatedly claim Olympic gold medals, the boring, monotonous foundation work will make the most impact on your high-level Descend performance – skill-ups, plus eggs, and experience fodder. So assign your everyday team to slot two or three, turn off the sound, and watch a movie or a tv show while you occasionally look down to make sure you connected a combo of fire orbs. That said, games are supposed to be fun. There's no competition other than yourself, and if you really don't want to farm whatever, go spend some (or all!) of the day's stamina on something you'll enjoy instead. I certainly have before....and still do on occasion.

On these teams, you'll want to primarily bring orb-changers, with one slot for a delay/orb enhancer as needed, two at most. You'll learn what your team needs at different levels through trial and error.

All of these teams are good farming teams, with the first example being a little on the extreme end of ideal, purely to make a point – Urd is versatile, even at this stage. You don't need REM gods filling up your roster to perform well, nor a full team of F/W monsters; the last team I've provided (which is itself completely farmable without stepping into a single Descend) is just as capable of farming T5 and, if leveled, T6 content. Evo'ing them further would make it a lot easier to farm that content, but even as-is, Jotun and Gigas's HP, along with Jotun's active, ensures you'll survive long enough to take down the boss, assuming Urd and Gigas's actives don't let you one-shot it. Ame is there for the extra recovery, which you'll need, but you can get by without if you play smart.

With better cards and at higher levels, you can fore-go enhancers, but I would recommend bringing just one along, to ensure the kill until you reach higher levels (70+ avg.). Nothing's more frustrating or embarrassing than failing a run you should be able to do half-asleep because you didn't bring an attack or orb enhancer.

The shorter your cooldowns on your orb-changers, the more likely you are to have the orbs you need to sweep a floor, and the faster your farming runs will be. The TPA vs. Row question isn't really a concern here, but if you simply must focus on that: Row teams are far easier to assemble with non-REM monsters, and I would suggest you go in that direction until you have 3-4 cards with TPAs.

Note: If you're running Tuesday dungeon for Keeper of Rainbow, I would suggest you bring both an orb enhancer and attack enhancer. Losing out on 35 stamina and a KoR can hurt your morale pretty badly.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  7. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    DescendTeams

Oh boy, here we go.. I'm going to list some of the more ideal teams to be working with here. What's important to keep in mind as you read this section is that every card is filling one of our four roles: Orb Changer, Orb Enhancer, Utility, or Attack Enhancer. You may not have these exact builds, but I'll bet you have something that fits the same role as what you're “missing” by comparison.

All three of these teams would do incredibly well in most Descends as they are, with only a few tweaks here and there for the rest. They provide a number of orb changes, and all of them have at least one enhancer for orbs or damage, if not one of each. Shiva fills the role of attack enhancer in the last one, increasing damage purely by removing the enemy's defenses.

Next, I'm going to hone in a bit and separate team builds into two types – Row and TPA. As with msot things in life, the more you specialize, the better your chances of success in this game. The trick is to know what you'll be up against. ;)

TPA Teams

TPA teams are able to leave Row teams in the dust with the proper subs, most of whom are REM,unfortunately. These are absolutely the teams to shoot for, and GungHo keeps pushing Urd's playstyle towards this with Urd herself and new cards and subs like SSJ3 Gotenks, Tyrannos's new F/W Uevo, and even utility subs such as Rozeul. But enough talk, have at three!

Five TPAs, 7 Red orb enh., 3 Blue orb enh., 3 Skill Boosts, and 1 Fire and Water row enh each. An orb enhancer who randomly spawns 2 Fire orbs before enhancing Fire (this may include unenhanced Water orbs!) and a damage booster. Nim and both Urds cover an RCV deficiencies before the Leader Skills are even applied. Not much will get in the way of this team.

But what's that, you want something a little heavier towards the Water side of things?

We sacrifice a TPA and some orb enhance awakenings for 2 more Skill Boosts, and a bunch of row enhances for a total of 6 TPAs, 4 Fire orb enh., 1 Water orb enh, 5 Skill Boosts, 1 Fire row enh, and 5 Water row enh, all while meeting our F/W attribute combo with every single monster. You won't always get a board with a perfect TPA setup, and the row enhances make sure you still do brutal amounts of damage when that happens.

“But Seika”, you're saying,“not everyone has a bunch of F/W cards that were previously collecting dust in their box! Do we have TPA options if we only have Fire attribute cards for the most part?” Yes, yes you do!

8 TPAs, 6 Fire orb enh, 7 skill boosts, a time extension, 4 Fire row enhs, and finally, 1 Dark orb enh and 1 Dark row enh. You're trading less survivability for more damage here, since you aren't composing a team that takes full advantage of Urd's LS, but it's still capable of standing along side the first team up top.

It's doable without a bunch of God cards, too! :D

6 TPAs, 4 skill boosts, 5 Fire orb enh., and 4 Fire row enh awakenings. You've got enough orb changers here to keep you going for a few floors consecutively, and a damage boost for the boss. Homura can be switched out for Gigas if you want to bring a hearbreaker along, which I generally like to have, because sometimes you're at full HP and have 8 RCV orbs on the board. :p

Remember when I mentioned R/L Leilan in the Orb Changers section? ;D

7 TPAs, 6 skill boosts, 6 Fire orb enh, 1 Light orb enh, 1 time extension, and 4 Fire row enh. and 1 Light row enh. Versatile. Almost makes you want to not bother running F/W, doesn't it..?

But what's that, you play JP-server? Check it:

Put this team together, then laugh at anything and anyone stupid enough to challenge you. With 7 TPAs, 6 Fire orb enh, 2 Water orb enh, 6 Skill boosts, and 1 Fire and Water row enh each, along with an orb enhancer and attack enhancer, nothing will stand in your way. Swap Sieg out for W/R Orochi and you have nine TPAs. :p

And none of these teams were built with this girl:

Two TPAs, two skill boosts, and a 5-turn CD active that changes her from Water attribute to Fire and gives a x1.5 ATK boost to Attackers for 1 turn. Useful on any team when you need burst at short intervals.

*inhales*

Row Teams

Row teams. Fun. Easy. Most likely what your cards are best suited for. And also able to tear through bosses! :D These teams are also the type you want to start with when team-building, since farmable subs are plentiful. We'll start with another ideal F/W build, so you can see what we're shooting for.

5 Fire row enh, 1 Water row enh, 4 skill boosts, 1 time extension, and a complimentary 4 TPAs. Siegfried or Merlin could be switched out for Theurgia to guarantee a fully enhanced board, but the damage and orb changes provided by both of them would be quite a loss by comparison.

The rest of your row enhance options tend to come from going outside of F/W teams, which as we've seen before, isn't so horrible. It's also delightfully accessible!

7 Fire row enh., 7 skill boosts, 5 Fire orb enh, 1 Dark orb enh, and 1 time extension. Oh, and 2k auto-recovery and 5 TPAs. Things are going to die. Sub Uevo Ronia (or regular Ronia and only miss a second time extension) in Odin's place and you'll lose 2 Fire enh, gain 1 Dark enh, and get a sweet Fire/Dark active. She's probably better for this line-up but I wanted to use a build without her for once!

Only 4 row enh but in exchange...8 skill boosts, 5 Fire orb enh., 1 time extension, and a bunch of utility in Yamato's bind clear awakening, Uriel's auto-recover, and CaoCao and Uriel's skill-bind resists, which I've not been tallying up until this moment. More on those in the upcoming section. With all the orb changers that convert to hearts on this team, you counter any RCV issues quite well, and survivability becomes a non-issue.

5 Fire row enh., 1 Dark row enh., 6 skill boosts, 2 blind resists, 2 auto-recovers, 1 bind clear, and a time extension. Very stable build, and a testament to Urd's versatility. You really don't need to follow that F/W typing, and here's one last build to prove it.

No Ronia, no Rodin. 6 Fire row enh, 1 Light row enh, 7 skill boosts, 5 Fire orb enh.,
    and 4 TPAs. There's a nice amount of RCV too, between Freyr, Belial, and the leads.You really don't need a bunch of F/W cards to make a good Urd row team!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  8. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Strategic Approaches

This next section will cover specifics of team-building and why the decisions are made. When you know this, you can apply that knowledge to your own line-up of Urd subs, and take it to your other teams that Urd doesn't lead. We'll cover TPA and Row Teams briefly, but the main focus will be on Utility subs and team composition.

TPA Teams

TPA teams are rather flexible when it comes to substitutions. Each monster brings its own strengths to them team in individual pieces – you can lose an idnvidiual TPA without affecting the damage of the whole, where-as on a row team, losing a row means a 10% reduction across the board. We'll start with one of our teams from above:

This team generally won't need to switch anything out. At max-level and max-skill, it generally has enough damage output to ignore a lot of mechanics. One of the other advantages to TPA teams is that your damage increase is more consistently available – it takes only 4 orbs to see that damage increase, as compared to the full 6 of a row, which leaves more orbs for more TPAs or more combos. The downside is that it only affects the damage for that single 4-orb match. It pairs well with Urd's active, however, given that you're already doing 9x damage, so even two TPAs is often enough to take out anything short of a sub boss. Bring in monsters with double-TPAs and you can down that suboss with a couple TPAs and a 5-or-6-combo match. However, you may not have too many monsters with TPAs, in which case a row team could very well be a much better option for you.

Row Teams

Row teams are by far the easiest type of team to put together – it's more likely that you have monsters with row enhances than TPAs. The benefit is that your damage increases come from a row, which is easy to form as long as you have the orbs. The downside is you have less room for combos, and as you sub out monsters for others that don't have rows, you're lowering the damage of your entire team. However, pack enough rows and a full-board orb-changer and you can out-damage most TPA teams.

This row team will tear through pretty much anything that gets in your way. The only problem is, it's reliant on rows, which means your damage output is often far from its peak unless you have a lot of fire orbs on the board. For this reason, bring as many orb changers as possible, even at the cost of an enhancer. The more you can guarantee you'll have those six orbs to make a row, the better your chances of surviving. A row team will suffer more heavily from binds, poison orbs, and jammer orbs than a TPA team simply because they require more orbs to reach their increased damage potential. Which brings us to Urd's weaknesses.

Utility Team Strategy

Binds and skill binds will ruin you, so we need a solution! Thankfully, Urd already comes with a skill-bind resist, so we have two assuming we're pairing with another Urd, which we will for this. We need three more for 100% resistance, and our options are the following!

Three Resists:

The holy grail of Skill-bind resists, who allows to hit that 100%, comes with a TPA, and his active even takes care of jammers and poison orbs, and comes with a 10% gravity! Lets us get away with dropping only one sub for full immunity.

Two Resists:

Now that Awoken Horus is out, we have something with a main fire attribute that has two skill-bind resists and makes hitting that 100% much easier! If you're lacking Awoken Horus, and you're trying to stay within the Fire element but are falling one resist short, it's worth dropping one of them and slotting in Indra just for that 100%. Or you can gamble with 80%, but generally if you need to resist a skill-block, you can't afford to not resist it.

One Resist:

Of special note here is who are farmable, from RO Collab and Sha Wujing & Zhu Bajie Descended, respectively.

Which subs you replace certainly depend on your team make-up, but as a general rule, the order in which to replace them is as follows:

Orb-changers
    Utility that isn't needed for the specific challenge
    Orb enhancer
    Attack enhancer
    Utility that is needed for the specific challenge

Honestly, if you need to replace that last one, I suggest just holding off for now. This game can sometimes have a real sense of urgency to it, but that isn't the case at all. The Descend or collab will come around again, eventually. You'd be better off putting your stamina towards powering up your team at that point, so you can reliably take on everything else that comes your way going forward.

That said, when replacing, if you have options on who to substitute in, always consider the entire card and what it brings to the table. Yamato, for instance, is a great option if you have his Uevo – 3 Skill boosts, a time extension, a bind clear awakening, and a Fire row enh. He absolutely makes up for the TPA loss with the other things he brings to the table – which is to say nothing of his active.

Another great example is Laila – she brings a TPA to the party so you're not really loosing anything there, but also comes with a great orb-change active AND a row enh. Remember, when running TPAs, rows aren't as desireable by comparison BUT they cover those times when you don't have a perfect TPA setup on your board, which is more often than you'd think. Even despite Urd's active.

On the case of Utility – let's say you're bringing Echidna for a necessary delay, but you need one last skill bind resist. You happen to have a CaoCao – could you, with the extra damage output, handle that hurdle with just the 1 turn delay? It might be worth trying!

If you're got a Horus lyring around, he would be great for replacing your enhancer, especially because as you replace those F/W cards, Water orbs become less valuable to your damage output. As your usage of a color lessens, you can stand to include more cards that either don't make use of it, or actively change it to another attribute. Always try to keep in mind the new composition of your team's elements and active skills when switching out monsters. Meshing everything well is the difference between beginner and expert-level play.

While substituting with utility cards in a row team affects your total damage output, it is more likely that your substitution will come with a row enhance, since they're still very common among fire cards. This is especially true with regards to monsters with bind-resistsnce and recover-bind awakenings.

Our options for both of these things are a short list of cards sadly, for both TPAs and rows. Luckily, other elements deal with the same thing for the most part. Our options for Bind Resistences are as follows:

100%:

50%:

If you're about to take on a Descend where binds are a serious concern, the best approach is to bring something that can clear them, which we'll cover in a moment. If that isn't an option for you, bring as many bind-resistant monsters as you can. A 50% resist is better than nothing as long as it meets our attribute requirements. If you can stall through even half your team being bound, then it's worth it.

Recover-Bind Awakenings and Bind Clear Actives

There are a few monsters that come with rarer awakenings – Recover-Binds, which allow you to reduce binds by 3 turns when you clear a row of hearts. If running a bind-resistant team is either impossible or undesreable for you, this is another option. You'll find them on the following monsters:

While Amaterasu is the absolute answer to binds, and AmenoUzume is fire's answer to binds, the other two listed here clear binds as part of their actives, with the other part being devoted to something else. It makes their CD a little longer, but hopefully you'll only need them once anyway. Bringing along one of these is arguably better than a bunch of bind-resistant subs, since Urd herself is not resistant to binds and having your leaders bound is the worst thing that can happen to you, as their leader skills stop working until they're unbound.

Mitsuki and Rozuel deserve honorable mentions in this section for their heart-making actives combined with their recover-bind awakenings, particularly Rozuel, who is unbindable and acts just like Ammy or Fire Dragon Knight with enough Light/Heart orbs on the board. Between there three options, one of Urd's most vulnerable weaknesses, binds, is taken care of.

Poison and Jammer Orbs

Poison orbs can mean your death if you aren't careful – and not from the damage they do, but the hit from the enemy attack that will inevitably follow. If you're running a F/W team, you're probably swimming in recovery, which makes these not as much of an issue if you weren't, but if you're not, the below options are a great way to deal with them.

I know, not that many options, right? You could full-board change them away, which works when you have a large amount of them on the board at once (Or the whole board changes. Looking at you, Beelzebub..), but maybe you only have one of those and are saving it for the boss. Stacking resists is an option, but the amount of cards available to us with poison resist awakenings are laughably low and include the likes of:

Your options for jammer reissts are as follows:

You need five of a resist awakening to reach immunity, just like skill-bind resists and since most of these only come with 1 resist, you can see how that option is absurd. It's simply a bad idea, let alone a bad strategy, assuming you even have one of these to begin with. The better idea is to eliminate them in one move – combo all your jammer orbs together, where it's a row, two matches of three, or something else, so that none are left out and they all disappear. There's nothing worse than having a jammer orb leftover on the board with no way to remove it except for a board-change active or having more jammers thrown at you.

For poison orbs, you'll want to handle them a little differently. They'll do 20% of your max health in damage per combo, and 5% more for every poison orb connected after that; three is 20%, four is 25%, two matches of 3 is 40%, one of 3 and one of 4 is 45%, etc. You'll take the least damage if you combo them all together as one match to clear them, but make sure you combo in at least one match of 3 heart orbs and get as many combos out of the rest of the board as you can. The damage from poison orbs will often be enough for the next hit to kill you, but even a single 3-orb match of hearts combined with the multiplier you get from 4 or 5 combos can be enough to save you. The damage from poison orbs doesn't get this bonus, it's static, which makes this tactic even more valuable.

If you don't have heart orbs and don't have an active to blow, store the orbs at the bottom of the screen, combo the rest, and hope for skyfalls of heart orbs you can match. The reason I suggest storing them at the bottom is because on some mini-bosses will actually cause poison orbs to drop from skyfall for a certain number of turns. It's rare, but it happens, so it's a good habit to get into at the start. It will also be useful if you ever need to store orbs of a certain color in preparation for a big hit!

The only other concern is blind attacks, which cover the entire board in darkness, and there's no way to avoid them other than blind-resist awakenings, which there aren't enough of out there to even be worth listing. Simply pick an orb and go through the entire screen – the orb you're moving and each orb you move through will be visible again. If you know a blind attack is coming up, it IS possible to set up your board, so that you don't have to look. Alternatively, you can hold your finger on an orb, which will show its color, but we're not running a low-HP x5 team that would need that sort of strategy. Just unveil your board, combo what you can, and take the next hit. You can heal back up easily enough, right? ;)

One final note for this section is delays! Often, delays can give you that extra time you need to take down the boss, or even just breath when you're half-way into a descend and out of heart orbs. Pop Echidna, CaoCao, Gyungo, Zeus Vulcan, Zeta Hydra, or Orochi; as well as Mr. Satan. Yian Kut-Ku, or this guy in Japan, and take a moment to breath. Then proceed to crush your enemy with 1, 3 or even 4 extra turns before your enemy gets to do anything. They also come in handy for when you're farming speicifc materials and want to take down a target first to see if you're get the drop without being killed by his buddies in the mean-time. If you don't have an attack enhancer, you may find bringing a source of delay necessary for some of the harder descends, especially Mythicals. Just read up on what you're challenging and make sure your intended target doesn't block status effects via a per-emptive shield!

Everyday Farming Teams

Coming Soon">">">

9. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Descend Strategies and Video Guides

So you've made it all the way to Starlight Sanctuary and are itching to tackle Descends! Or maybe you're impatient like me and took on a few before you even saw Ocean of Heaven....and learned why you needed to wait just a little longer. After I'm done with you, no one will stand in your way again!

Look below for which Descends to tackle first, and strategies with which to do so! I'll be covering the most commonly-attempted descends first, and hopefully touching on them all in time. Help from the community would be great here, especially if you're willing to record videos! I plan to do my own eventually, but the more we collect, the easier it is for us to learn from each other!

Easy Descends

Coming Soon

Medium Descends

Coming Soon

Hard Descends

Coming Soon

Weekday Mythicals

Coming Soon

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  10. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Friend List Miscellaneous Topics

Friend Lists

US Friend List
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/138B6KyblWtoX_DE5ntkEtK-UOm8dU0qC2vtisLB3iwE/edit#gid=0

Still want more US friends? Check out PADX's friend finder:
    http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/friendfinder.asp

JP Friend List

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eju58eU8fKcWz4itjKTnNi7Iprer5POwpvWfx_fdb58/edit#gid=0

Wan even more JP friends? Check out Skyozora's friend finder:
    http://pad.skyozora.com/friendlist/...eader/Unspecified/0-0/SortByLastUpdate/Page1/

EU Friend List
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yhXM5fDNPzkVChITzDHnSO4nQ0vb20lqYUT-7ogUgKA/edit#gid=0

A quick google search hasn't yielded me any decent results for EU friend-finders. If you know of one, please send it to me so I can add it to the guide!

Plus Egg Priorities
    General Rule: Leader first, key subs after that. I'll get more specific when I add real content here.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  11. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Reserved for unplanned additions.

12. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    I am so tickled to see someone writing this up. I am thoroughly enjoying my time with Urd, and have actually dared some dungeons I wouldn't have tried with any other lead, and succeeded.

I think emphasizing in this guide (since it seems to be one of the most common criticisms of Urd,) is that the color synergy isn't completely necessary. Most R/B subs, other than Urd and Nim, have garbage RCV anyways, so I think it's more beneficial to stock up on utility and useful awakenings.

Just my two cents.

13. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I'm excited to be able to write a guide for a goddess I have and love; the rest are already taken!! I definitely plan to take the guide in the direction you're suggesting, and I've since made edits to my original reserved post with a long list of off-sub-color subs who bring great utility either through actives or awakenings. I'd love to hear more of what you think as this develops. For now, I need some sleep! Leader pictures and commentary in the morning!

14. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

yup the trio of 2 Urd + Nim is more than enough, but of course building outside of water subs is a good way to approach as well

anyways good to see Norn guides, i'll share what i have seen to accomplish as well but i'll mostly stick with skuld before i move on to Nim, and hopefully i get enough to skill max Nim this coming weekend during 3x invade

15. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

Nim is an REM sub, you put him in the wrong section (non REM).

Orochi also has its W/F evolution with 2 TPAs, it is also a pretty decent utility sub. And Urd can be skilled up through Trifruits during the right rotation (which is right now).

16. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    Looking pretty good!

I'd like to make a recommendation for Attacker Amaterasu as a niche, but useful utility sub, particularly for things like Trifruits.

Also Rowdy Red Samurai could be considered for non-rem, and may even be better than Gigas just because the HP loss isn't a bad thing here, we don't lose RCV to get the orb enhance awakening, and the typing fits better for those using a slime.

17. Hitch

Hitch Member

Sweet, I have been waiting for someone to start this thread. Below are some of the dungeons I have 0-stoned with Urd (all of these were before Urd's upgrade LS). I have to rerun some of them to remember what I did on each of the floors.

KoG: Though Ronia board will sometimes OHKO zeus, most of the time I would have to use Urd+RGY after Ronia. Which means you need enough HP to tank a hit.
    [​IMG]

Athena: This was when I didnt have any Urd friends. No particular reason why it was paired with RGY.
    [​IMG]

Satan:

[​IMG]

Beelzebub:
    [​IMG]

Thursday:
    [​IMG]

Legendary Seaway:
    [​IMG]

Take:
    [​IMG]

Sky7 likes this.
  18. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

I've covered everything you haven't done. Hue.
    Zeus Dios
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxKl9pyv4k
    Zeus Vulcan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsZeq5QU8s
    Gold Keeper
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nagmIKBF68s
    Goemon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U4rTeyZfrQ
    Cauchemar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET9m7_4DjLU
    Hera-Sol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExKnKTfq5vw

Sky7 likes this.
  19. Magnetic Spark

Magnetic Spark regice best waifu

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Finally an Urd guide :D I love you for making a JP-subsection <3

btw, Megalodran is listed as non-rem, the only farmable toy dragons are angelion and drawn joker.

edit: drall too, forgot about diagordos descended

20. barnard

barnard Well-Known Member

Nim is the most specialized Urd sub that you'll never need. 2.5x to attackers is so unnecessary as Vorpal, and Hitch clearly demonstrate. And in dungeons where having 2.5x and a larger HP and RCV pool are wanted (Devil Rush), it is questionable whether it's worth it considering fire has such an exquisite repertoire of subs to choose from (Hino, Minerva, RGY, Yamato). Go get that pension check.

Sky7 likes this.