Worth skilling up King XXXX-ie (9x/27x question)

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Turbo, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Turbo

Turbo Member

I'm mostly asking about Woodsie for my 9x balance team, but I'll want to know about Shynee as well if I ever get a Valk.

I don't know if skilling them up is worth it. That's a lot of kings to be throwing at a skillup. I'll mostly be using this team as a farm team for OoH, and I'm just wondering if people often find themselves in a situation where a max skilled King Woodsie was the difference between life and death compared to level 1 skill.

2. IronH

IronH Paralysis by Analysis

I don't think it's worth it to skill up King blobs for farming purpose, unless you are farming descended dungeons.

3. Superpeon

Superpeon Member

User ID:
    will say that if my king shynee was skilled up, it'd make some dungeons easier so I dont need to stall :) but.. in the same boat as you, I dont know if I want to burn so many kings on skilling up

4. kloc

kloc New Member

Yeah, it'd be nice for sure. It's my slowest charging skill on my valk team, so I often have to stall for that final round or two.

That said, it's a lot of kings to burn for skill ups.

5. Snow

Snow Q&A Denizen Event Manager

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have a max skill Shynee. It's definitely an endgame luxury, but in reality, it only changed Hera runs from 8 minutes to 6. Those few turns, however, can be crucial, because sometimes you don't have time to stall, especially if a floor hits hard. Situational, but for everyday farming, save your kings.

I'd max skill either way, because those kings can always be acquired again.

6. Giorno

Giorno Member

got a max king flamie for metatron team. good to have, but not necessary (i want to have the best for my attacker team, 2 fully awoken metatron makes it 8 CD)

my opinion, at least make it 14/15CD. in line with gravity, CTW, enhance orb or chinese gods skill. with awoken skill that reduce CD i don't think max skill is needed.

edited: if solely for OoH, i don't think u need king woodsie to break neptune's defend? someone can advise, i remember reading somewhere just align afew green orbs + combo will kill neptune.

7. alucard

alucard Member

PADherder:
    link
    id still take woodies just incase I get orb trolled at Neptune with low amount of green orbs :) but yah he should be fine without max skill and OoH is 10 floors so ull only need to stall like 5 turns? during the 9 stages xD

8. Glacea

Glacea New Member

It would be awesome...definitely speeds up everything. I always wanted to skill up my shynee but i can't ever get my hands on the kings.

9. Jacul

Jacul New Member

I saved some Gold Kings and tried to feed three King Shynees during last 2x skill up
    Got zero :(

10. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

I can bring myself to do it on the RBG and dark ones. But shynee, with so few chance for precious light exp, makes it hard to convince myself to burn kings on her. It'll happen someday. Just not until [insert 5 light guys here] get to 99.

11. Convallaria Majalis

Convallaria Majalis Active Member

Seems like maxing the levels on your monsters is a much better use for kings than throwing 25 of them at a blob. I can see it being useful; just dominated by other priorities.

I'd like to get 2 skill ups on Shynee, though. That would line him up with Fuu and (someday) Athena...

12. gone247

gone247 New Member

Arn't the King Blobs going to drop from Draggie once we got him??

13. oGambit

oGambit Well-Known Member

no they drop as the second level evo form not the third.

14. gone247

gone247 New Member

Aww thats no fun. :'(