Worth the trade? V. Ideal vs. NY Reeche

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Murdurus, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I'm planning to run the new Kirito evo to pair with someone. I have NY Reeche (got very lucky) and she's good but now with Valentine Ideal out, I'm wondering which is a better pairing. I don't have V. Ideal though so I'm debating whether or not she's worth the trade. If I do the trade, it'll definitely stretch me thin and I won't be able to trade for something else unless it happens to take different GFEs.

The main two differences being that Ideal's LS buffs Dragon typing and has an unconditional 2x RCV whereas Reeche's LS buffs Devil typing and has an additional 2s move time. Ideal has 2 improved time extends so that kind of cancels out Reeche's 2s move time from the LS; mainly, the difference will come in when Awoken-Invalid or Awoken bound but those seem far and few between that it'd hardly make a difference.

Ideal's LS also increases combo count by 2 when matching 4/5 colors which is additional combo damage but if I'm pairing with Kirito with a 7x6 board, the combo count won't really matter as much outside of just raw damage. It'd be quite amazing if she was pairing with herself though, gaining +4 combos, allowing 10c awakening options to be viable choices.

When it comes to active skills though, I find Reeche to be far superior, acting as both a damage absorb void and attribute absorb void. Ideal's active seems ok, being a multi-purpose active that can clear awoken binds, board unlock and board changer but awoken bind clears are pretty plentiful, orb unlocking being fairly situational and board changers are pretty common. The 3x recovery is nice but hardly seems like it'll be worthwhile for this team pairing; I suppose if I was looking to stall for 3 turns?

TLDR; mainly the typing difference (Dragon vs. Devil) and 2x recovery is what sets the two apart. Ideal seems to be amazing if paired with herself and doesn't seem to gain much from Kirito whereas Reeche can benefit from Kirito's recovery. It will be harder to stall with Reeche if I need to though because both the shield and recovery comes from having to make combos which are also tied to the damage. Having said this, it seems like not trading for Ideal seems like the correct choice for what I want to do? I'm just wondering if I'm missing something from my assessment.

2. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I have both and prefer VIdeal as a lead. The RCV is fantastic and the plus combos mean you can run Zinogre or Kirito with the 10c even on a 6x5.
    There is also some merit to doing a split pairing. Balanced typing has a lot of options for rainbow and dragon+devils can be used. Diao Chan, and azathoth come to mind. Cardinal is a great RCV stick and has the important movetime buff. You can also run leaderswap. I see AA3 clears of people who run Kirito x Reeche all the way to the last floor and then swap just to kill cthuga. Some swap asap, some wait.
    VIdeal is also an amazing sub for any rainbow or combo team. Awoken clerics are a staple nowadays and the RCV buff helps when there is poison skyfall or rcv debuffs. Also her awakenings are rediculous.
    If you have fodder for her you won't miss and love rainbow teams I recommend it.

3. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    If you are looking to use her as a leader I would pass. V Ideal seems like a sidegrade if you are planning to pair with Kirito.

If you have Rin Tohsaka + Bonta Kun equip assist you can go with a 7x6 leader swap pairing with NY Reeche/ Fagan / etc.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  4. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I decided not to trade since the difference isn't huge between NY Reeche and V.Ideal. I'm actually leaning towards devils a bit more than dragons anyway from looking more closely at my box.

Having done the more recent Star Treasure with my somewhat ridiculous overkill team (in my opinion) with C.Uruka + Akine for a 360x attack, I wasn't even able to one-shot the last boss floor without having to put Devil killers on my D.Kali. Now, I'm questioning whether or not Kirito + NY Reeche is capable with a significantly lower multiplier (171x). I figured that my C.Uruka + Akine team was too much of an overkill but now I'm seriously questioning its power level or if Star Treasures and Training Arena is somewhat of a unique situation.