Would you actually farm Arena?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by CloudnineXXX, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Assuming you could clear it at a decent rate... would you actually farm Arena?

Even if I could farm Arena (never stepped inside arena so i cant farm it) I wouldn't because I dont have a lot of spare sta after doing all the events Gungho throws at us. Not to mention I have 70+ piis of various colors sitting in my box doing nothing.

Arena to me just doesnt seem like a farmable dungeon because of the stamina cost....unless you are a heavy IAPer.

Which then brings the question of why do people care about making optimal Arena teams if they aren't farming Arena?

2. HeartlessIndigo

HeartlessIndigo Inactive Member

PADherder:
    link
    Because it's a milestone.

Also it's the most stamina efficient way to consistently get piis

3. Ryeee

Ryeee Well-Known Member

Good point. I've got enough piis to be ok with not farming Arena so I'd run it at most once or twice a week.

4. Rizu

Rizu Prolly Batman or Some Shit Idek

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm not really sure. Nevermind the fact that this is purely hypothetical for me and I have a long way before I can even attempt UA simply to clear much less farm it. I've never been able to clear the alt coin dungeons, wasn't able to clear consistently above C4 until they started getting stingy on the Pys and still can't get over C6 very frequently. Soooo....I mean but by the time I get to the point of UA I might be sitting on a treasure trove of them as well considering I wouldn't even attempt it until I could more or less consistency beat up to C10 and I don't have a lot of cards that I would TECHNICALLY have to py because there are no skill-ups whatsoever. (Or the skill-ups are more time consuming and costly than what they're worth. For example, I've used Pys on Beeze, which you know...I mean I SUPPOSE I could technically farm for the skill ups but it just doesn't seem like anything more that a waste of time and resources).

5. jlarimore

jlarimore Well-Known Member

I will farm it until my eyes bleed. Skill ups are the only thing in this game that is about to get harder rather than easier.

6. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would farm arena if:

a) I'm out of piis of a given color, and there's no challenge dungeon in sight
    b) I have excess stam and want to challenge myself instead of farm
    c) I have a team capable of tackling Arena on a semi-consistent basis (which would require a fully hypermaxed team, probably a major MP purchase, and lots of latents to farm)

As it is Arena and C10 are the only things I need to work on out outside of lulzy things like a max skilled Zera.

If/when I am arena capable, I will be far more liberal with my piis.

dms1485 and Flaycrow like this.
  7. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have been getting a pii a day from the arena for a couple weeks now.

I am entirely opposite from you. I have no piis in my box. I need them for so many different awoken cards.

I finish all the event activities in a couple days, and do it stamina neutral, or even gain stamina by getting stones from the completion. I think that is because at high ranks 600+, a stone is a huge number of runs at something.

I also find almost everything else besides the arena to have become easy. I have enough hyper (50) and various teams that I can beat even the c9 and c10 challenges without the same difficulty that I used to have, and that I see in the Arena. So I play in the Arena to keep the game interesting.

I can make it through anout 70% of the time. That is 2 pii per stone. Or 2 skill ups per stone. A better stamina per skill up rate than any other dungeon.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Arranging, dms1485 and Dunamos like this.
  8. ta11geese3

ta11geese3 azure rathalos

I don't like long dungeons so I got my stone from arena and haven't bothered since. I have lots of non-blue piis lying around so there's no need.

Maybe I'd run it more if I bothered buying ez mode radra or yomidra, but I prefer to play what I like rather than fotm leads.

9. ZeroreZ

ZeroreZ I can feel your anger.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wouldn't say I "farm" it, I run it 6-8 times a week with ~50% success rate right now. But I don't have a girth of py's other than Bubpy's (don't play blue, so my only Bubpy target was/is Isis) and I like the challenge. I don't stone to run Arena, I do it on natural stamina only.

10. akhc

akhc Vissi D'Arte

User ID:
    385 014 322
    PADherder:
    link
    I do farm it. I don't farm for skill up mats so as soon as I'm done with the challenge dungeons and assuming there's no plus egg farming all I do is run arena.

It doesn't take long.. 20 mins or so though I sometimes have to interrupt the run for real life. It still remains a challenge and if I'm not paying attention it's very easy to do something stupid and see the game over sign. Mostly I run it on natural stamina.

ZeroreZ and Flaycrow like this.
  11. Night Fury

Night Fury Blue Sonia is my Waifu Knight

I actually farm arena every day. I do fail many times, but I don't stone for it. My clear rate is around 60-70% for Radra. It would be 80 if I could focus better...

12. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

no even if arena 2 didn't exist, and i did have eschamali and dkali, i still wouldn't be farming arena

i would spend my stamina as stamina dump if i really have nothing to do, but in general no the game gives you enough skill up mobs and pi so that you can skill up everything

i don't want to touch dungeon that is at least 10+ minutes

Jph81 likes this.
  13. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    I would if I could. Need lots of piis. I came back Oct 2015 from 2 years of not playing so I have all these gods I need to evo and skill up.

14. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't farm it if I need brain cells to do it. So no. At least not until I come across a team that makes it as fast and easy as Trifruits.

Jph81 likes this.
  15. pooker

pooker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have not touched it. I have a hyper A.Yomi team that technically could get me give me a reasonable success rate.

I still have 30-50 piis hanging out, even after Ruel and Supergirl and other things that I haven't used. I am getting a little short on dark piis though... so I might, but seriously I think my next skill up target after A.FAL is Sleeping Beauty, so maybe not.

16. Freyjan

Freyjan Active Member

I'm so stingy with my current piis, of which I have over 110 lying around, that I would have no desire to farm arena. I would like to clear it, sure, but I can't see myself wanting to put it on farm status for quite a long time.

17. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I'd farm it so hard it would cause a crop famine in Africa.
    Currently run it occasionally on spare stamina, as am not yet farm stable.

antinome and ZeroreZ like this.
  18. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

I'd certainly farm it if I could. The challenge of it and the quality of the rewards intersect really well. I'm not saying I'd do it constantly, but it'd certainly be what I spent all my stamina on outside of Challenge Dungeons, 10x Descends, and Tamadra Retreat if I could swing it.

Flaycrow likes this.
  19. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I would farm it with spare sta if I could clear it 80% from the get go. The issue I have is it will take at a minimum a thousand stamina (10 runs) before I feel I can farm it at a reasonable rate.

20. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

Fair enough; however, if you consider how much stamina ends up as piss in the wind because of failed skillups, that one-time investment to get comfortable with Arena's not bad. I mean, just this week I spent 700 Stamina on zero Vritra Skillups. The one I got for Grisar was a weak consolation prize.

ZeroreZ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.