Wreck my box for Orchid?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Ubergeek922, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Ubergeek922

Ubergeek922 New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Should I start selling off some of my box for Orchid? It would be my Blonias, Gronia, Kanna, and maybe one or two more. My padherder is pretty up to date. I mostly play dark or fire teams.

2. Rivalrun

Rivalrun Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't understand people who want to do this. imo you should really only sell off dupes of monsters that aren't orb changers or good for button press farming

xer 21 and wangatang0830 like this.
  3. Jchunksgt

Jchunksgt nOOb

I sold a bunch of stuff for 2 orchids and I don't regret it.
    But that was when Orchid was the highest tier monster.
    Now a farmable like Myr is just as strong so if u r just wanting
    to do it now, my answer is no.

I would wait till we get the next wave of top tier MP monsters.

4. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Do you mean dupes of orchid for the luxury team with an actual system, or just orchid? The regular bear peasant team is fine, but not truly remarkable, and probably not worth sacking 6 stars for. Regular team is capable but ultimately regular, and equivalent to a lot of stuff. It's the system team that is actually good, at robustly faceplanting into hits but guarenteed system hearts and high rcv subs healing it back every turn.

5. CURIOUSCOMP

CURIOUSCOMP Flaccid Member

User ID:
    NA:300,485,211
    PADherder:
    link
    do you have top tier orchid team?

are you OK with continuing to play fire/dark teams for the rest of your PAD existance?

because if you sack colors, that's what'll prolly happen for a long time.

6. diz

diz Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    I sold a lot of good stuff just to get YY. Cards like Ronia or Riders...pfft. This yellow Dragonbound or the 2 Sylvie, Gabriel and some other stuff I could have used: bigger mistake.
    You never know, If a card will have potential in the future.
    Don't do it. Some People Farm MP, give it a try.

D1m3TR1 likes this.
  7. CURIOUSCOMP

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    yes, i can farm MP with myself (alt in coop). we both have A.LiuBei. it's about 10kMP for 1 hour "work". so that's about 1 month to get a 300k MP card.

8. Cobb Slime

Cobb Slime Rolling Fenrirs like it's my job

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Orchid will be in the shop until the end of the month. Would it be possible to farm the remaining MP you need by then? Hastily selling monsters to get her sooner is probably not a good idea, especially the ones that aren't dupes. With all the new GF exclusives constantly being added re-rolling any of the monsters you want to sell is only going to become more difficult(maybe... the REM is weird sometimes). Also, Kanna still needs an evo and the Sonias could be buffed at some point. Maybe part with one Blonia, but only if you absolutely must.

I was wondering what your team was going to be? I'm guessing you'll use the two hyper Gadius and at least one Uriel for subs, right?

9. Ubergeek922

Ubergeek922 New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have Gadius x2, Uriel x2, Valen, mitsuki, Yamato, and others. My Blonias are boring to me, I started with RonIA, so it's an old play style to me. I don't have the subs for Kanna. My thing is they just sit there and don't get used. Just weighing out the values of them.

10. CURIOUSCOMP

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

most cards just sit in boxes. don't fret about non-use and dust collecting. you could pull 1 good REM next week that will change all of that. and the regret may/maynot be there.

the thing you have is: options. variety. less boredom with the same old team every time...

if you ate filet mignon (or your favorite meal) every damn night for dinner, you may eventually not like it anymore.

oh yeah... are you IAP or no? and how much MP do you currently have?

11. momolatindisco

momolatindisco Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1. Myr is farmable, capable of clearing the same content, and is getting a buff from 49x ATK up to 59x ATK. If there are farmable monsters as strong, why cripple your box? Myr, Apocalypse, ADQXQ, Sun Wukong and Saria would be fantastic.
    2. MP are farmable. As @CURIOUSCOMP noted, being able to farm 10k MP in an hour is a legit strategy. 10k MP is the equivalent of 2 panthon gold rolls. Farming MP allows you to turn your stones into even more MP than rolling/selling does. MP is no longer rare enough to justify selling valuable monsters to get.
    3. Power creep is real. There are threads in the too recent past where ShivaDra was pushed as worthy of selling off your box to get. ShivaDra's unconditional 25x now looks positively quaint by comparison to the monsters that are available. ShivaDra came out last year. What will be released next year that makes Xiang Mei obsolete?

I'm not saying not to get Xiang Mei or that Myr is better. But if there is a farmable alternative that will allow you to clear the same level content, and MP are easier to farm right now than they've ever been, and there are no guarantees on how long either Myr or Xiang Mei will remain viable as end-game leaders...then wrecking your box for any individual MP purchase seems like a really bad idea. You've got a great assortment, and I think having as many options available as possible will help you a lot more in the long term.

Good luck!

12. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    1 Blonia is enough to do all the Blonia things. I've had multiple for a long time, and run some dual Blonia vs Blonia-Ryune vs Blonia-Idunna splits, and mostly just run 1 in the end, it's rare the second one jumps on the team.

I'd keep a Kanna as we haven't seen where the evo is going, but likewise rarely use. Yomi and Muse are better god boost inherits.

13. Ubergeek922

Ubergeek922 New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You all may be right. Perhaps I should focus on getting a team to beat Myr and let that be my new project

momolatindisco likes this.
  14. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    If you are light pii rich just stone the dungeon and get her that way. she's worth it.

Not sure how viable she is without skillups. Her team doesn't have the best shield uptime even with max skilled Myrs.

Edit: wouldn't sell the 6* for Orchid. You never know when cards will all of a sudden become good. I had multiple Kaedes sitting in the box for a long time before they ever became good. I didn't sell any, but if I did sell any it would have been the biggest pad mistake I could have made.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    CURIOUSCOMP likes this.
  15. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

You definitely have good enough subs for Miru. So it's a nice project to get and evolve her.

orchid is a similar difficulty play, and you could use Miru farming to get the MP toward Orhid.

You could try to play using Gadius as a pretend orchid, to see if you like the three heart style. I know I like the typhon style better than Gadius style. But if you really enjoy it, you have 15 days to collect Mp, and maybe get close enough to sell a few irrelevant monsters for orchid.

16. CURIOUSCOMP

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    don't even sell the "crap" rolls. or maybe just dupes. before Skill Inheritance, no one would look twice at the fairy tale girls, or the swordsman series. now look... they are my most used skill donors.

17. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Red Freaking Riding Hood of all things makes my Kaede team work inherited to Parvati. Agree that selling things should be done carefully.

XM is super powerful and can clear everything including Arena 3. She will be back to the MP store eventually. It sucks but sometimes patience is the best choice. Work on Myr, farm some MP and see what happens.