Xin Hua Tournament... What Dumb@$$ came up with this one?

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Vaedriel, May 20, 2018.

1. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    First and only run. This is an all time low for me in a tournament, but apparently I suck 13% less than other people. The team config is just f***ing stupid. There are so many awesome water cards in this game and they picked this s*** lineup? Dumb. Just f***ing dumb.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just ran it with my Alt.

Time: -164.9
    Score: -42,258
    %: 77.4

What a waste of 50 STAM.

Arranging likes this.
  3. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes this is one I’m not even attempting to crown, I never played cross leads much as it is, let alone all attribute cross leads. Definitely not up my alley.

4. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cross + 5 Att match is cancer. Even on a 7x6 board. Who the f*** uses Dragon Callers as a lead? 800 weighted stats and sh**y awakenings. This pre-build team is an epic fail on so many levels.

xer 21 likes this.
  5. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I kinda like this one. There's enough actives that it's rare to not have enough orbs one-shot every floor. Feels like there's a lot of room to get better at the playstyle instead of just resetting over and over for lucky skyfall.

Knomraski, philsov and Tyizor like this.
  6. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's a fun playstyle imo, but it's also been established that I have slight "M" tendencies, so there's that ;)

7. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I kinda like how this one is more than just who can make the most 3-matches in 3 minutes or less. It's cool that wierd people who play cross teams have an advantage on this one instead of just who loves Anubis more.

8. Hansey

Hansey Casual scrub since February 2013

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, this one requires skill that I do not possess. I didn't even manage to get through it on my first attempt. Second attempt got me 74%. Yeah, that'll do. I got a stone, and I have zero desire to chase anything else on this.

9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe GungHo is trying to demonstrate that leads with very strict LS requirements are viable when paired with a 7x6 lead?

I admit that Grato x Navi isn't the first pairing I'd pick (okay, I probably wouldn't pick it at all), but it's actually feasible to match 5 colors + a water cross on a 7x6 board if you pop Navi then Herme then Grato. It's not easy (at least, not for me), but it's possible, whereas 5 colors + a water cross ona 6x5 board would be much more difficult.

That being said, I quit running this ranking dungeon after I got up to about 55% on both of my accounts. I'm not sure where I would even run a Xin Hua if I had one, so there's not much incentive to bang my head against this dungeon any longer.

10. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    score.png pyramid.png
    Finally broke into the top 10% after 50ish runs, but probably not going to hold. Crosses are hard.

11. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I love that they made use of Navi, she is pretty cool and brings a 7x6 with an easy 3 att activation. It's the addition of the cross + 5 atts that f***s me up.

I'll Dr. Seuss it:
    I can do crosses.
    I can do 5 atts.
    I can't do both.
    And that is that.

Tyizor, Ele, kaylathehedgehog and 2 others like this.
  12. Zaurora

Zaurora Momiji Best Girl

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I do agree that this ranking is very difficult, probably the hardest. It takes a lot of getting used to, but it's doable.

Seriously though, 9 seconds for a 7x6 board is not much time.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  13. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    ~6% after a few runs. You know, the team comp is part of the challenge of the fixed team ranking dungeons. I think it's great that they're making us play these weird leader combos to test our skills! I'd rather have this than the button/verse with killers kinda rankings imo.

tanpopo, Arranging and Hansey like this.
  14. Hansey

Hansey Casual scrub since February 2013

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh, I definitely agree with you. I know a lot of people complain about fixed teams, but I'm non-IAP, and while I have a decent box, I can't always make THE perfect team for tournaments. At least with the fixed teams, I'm on a "level playing field" with everyone else.

I put "level playing field" in quotes because obviously skill comes into play, which is why I'm still generally pretty far down the rankings, hehe. But at least I don't have to be bitter because "I could have done better if only I had card X!" (Instead I'm only bitter because I'm a scrub and everyone else isn't. ;) )

15. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't get me wrong, I like fixed teams... but I hate this lineup. GH wasted an opportunity to showcase the new Mesopotamia card set, specifically Ea for this water team. There are a lot of new GFEs and GFE evos that they could have showcased as well not to mention cards from the Yu Yu collab.

16. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    They didn't miss anything, we get the same ranking dungeons as jp does, just significantly delayed.

And imo it's a huge positive point for the leader pairing to be difficult to play because that /actually/ tests your skills - like if we had yusuke of all leads for a fixed team ranking it would literally be who skyfalls more for combo points after full clearing the board every turn, just like the fixed team Horus ranking we just had.

You can be frustrated for not being able to play the pairing but relative to everyone else on this even playing field you would have stood the same chances minus skyfall rng. if anything this being a cross lead reduces skyfall rng significantly since no amount of skyfall will help you kill the boss if you had messed up a cross.

BurningMan likes this.
  17. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah i actually felt like this was one of the fairer rankings. It was really difficult, but outside of orb troll on the first floors there wasn't too much rng unlike the horus tournament were you actually needed skyfalls to happen to one shot things

18. hoyun

hoyun Well-Known Member

What kill it for me is the 50 stamina per run. It was challenging and fun but that stamina requirement is too much. I burned like 400 stamina in like 10 minutes. That's why I don't even want to stone and chase the 10%.

ko300zx likes this.
  19. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I respect your opinion. You have valid points. I play this game to relieve stress and for fun. For me, this lineup was not fun. I don't mind cross leads, hell I loved playing Sumire, Tsubaki, Myr, and especially Gremory. I loved playing 4-5 attribute match leads like Horus, Ra, Haku, Sakuya, RaDra, and Yomi. I just don't like the two play-styles put together. I didn't buy Fire Myr for that exact reason. For me, it's too much going on at once. I can't split my focus into two strategies while trying to solve the board.

20. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Ranking isn't meant to be a stress reliever. It's a stress creator if you have any plans to score well. :D Ranking should never be a 1 and done thing with everyone ending up in the top 10% just because they finished it. I think this was one of the better ones so far in terms of skill requirement. Far too many in the past have just been complete RNGfests with everyone fighting to push one another out of the top 10% because there is little difficulty. Crosses weren't necessary until floors 5 and 6 and you could make them fairly easily with actives. Couple of actives and even taking a few seconds to look at the board could easily get top 20%.

This is what ruined it for me. Kill your entire days worth of stam in 10 mins. 25 stam is far nicer. I would do like 3 or 4 runs then want to conserve stam for other things. Took me that many runs to adjust to the team and dungeon each time though. Ended at like 13%. Pretty confident I could have easily made the 10% cutoff with 8-10 runs in a row, but I wasn't about to spend stones to do so.

Last edited: May 21, 2018