Yomi dragon subs

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by severinj, Dec 16, 2016.

1. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    just bought one and need input on subs for my staple team. Currently I have Haku, Akechi, Pandora, castor

Potential subs
    Hakux3
    Persephonex2
    Oku
    Pandorax2
    Satsukix2
    Akechix2
    Anubis
    Lubu
    Both Lucis
    Zuoh
    Dvalk

2. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Also fenrir
    Dmeta
    Dkali

3. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

You could use devil haku, devil Akechi, DL Akechi and panda. You would get 10 rows so whenever you have enough orbs you will see some serious shit.

Or dongs with a haku, Okuni, dvalk, and balanced Akechi.

Plain OE/ God killer with Castor, Dr Haku, Balanced Akechi, DR Persephone. Half the team has has godkillers so yeah. Good shit huh Moroku.

YomiD is pretty straightforward. Just match a 5 match and kill most things when you need more damage make more orbs. The row team is very orb hungry so you don't make rows that often but when you do your hakechi nuke you usually end up with a giant purple blob anyways so yeah. Also just used Dr haku on the row one. The killers are definitely worth one row. Maybe even the prong team too. DR Haku is fucking brutal and does the most damage from just a 5 orb match.

When the uvo gets here people are talking about pairing her with dkanna for the hp but I honestly thinking pairing with heragon might be better. 1.5/54/2 seems decent to me. Just gotta find someone to run heragon as a leader.

4. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

IMO your best team is A.Haku/DL Akechi/DB Castor/flex.

Stack OEs is more important than rows and tpas cos you dont have Eschamali. Pushing the team to ~10 OEs will provide a nice passive damage boost.

Avoid god killer, period. Yomigon shines for Arena 1 farming but god killer will significantly hinder her ability of arena farming. With her UUevo the unconditional 4x is plenty for killing Sopdet without using any AS.

For flex, consider the following:
    • DD Panda for another very useful AS. But her HP is a bit low.
    • DD Okuni is better than DB Okuni. Because more HP and dragon killer has no drawback in arena 1 at all.
    • Heradra. Amazing stat stick for the team and a one click Kali solution. Don't need any skill ups at all.
    • Revo Anubis. Very high HP, useful AS.
    • If you only have one Okuni, make him awoken and if you want to use A.Okuni on your Yomidra team, inherit him on.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Marr and Guvitron like this.
  5. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Why db castor instead of dl?

6. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am not sure God killers is such a hindrance. If one can get past sopdet (I still need to run my numbers), godkillers are better in all the rest of arena 1. My Revo Parv team and Roots team both use god killers and it makes the rest of arena so fast. I was planning to run Yomidra / DL Castor / DR Haku / DD Okuni / HIza. This gives me 12 OE, 2 god killers, 2 dragon killers.

Marr and wangatang0830 like this.
  7. wangatang0830

Indeed like you said, my reason for avoiding god killer is solely for Sopdet. I'm not disagreeing with you by any means, but IMO the thing with god killer is that you either go all out on it or avoid it at once. If you go full on god killers (3+ in a team), you base your damage calc with god killer in mind. But if you only have one god killer on the team, for me it just feels a little bit awkward, especially considering DL Castor's attack is super high.

One of Yomidra's biggest advantage for arena 1 farming over say, Myr and Radra, is that he can handle Sopdet very easily with the unconditional 4x. But god killer would slightly hinder this advantage.

In case you awoken all of Castor's awakenings already, change him to DB would let him avoid the god killer. Also DB has slightly more HP.

8. Joshwa

Joshwa +297

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Reincarnated Hades needs more attention IMO. The original YomiDra team always included a Zeus Stratios. Hades is a direct upgrade over Stratios in every way.

Also I agree that killer awakenings are a hindrance to YomiDra going forward. She hits too hard now. And they probably did this to discourage the use of D/R Haku.

Also agree about using Awoken Okuni as an inherit. He might be the best IS for the team considering its utility and that he is Dark so he gives a stat bonus.

Marr, wangatang0830 and RageSedai like this.
  9. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was considering Revo Hades as well, but there's a few reasons I am planning to not use him. With the added damage from the leader skill, increased stats, inherits, and Ulquiorra, there's no need to rely on a gravity anymore. His prongs are nice, but most floors you will be killing with just 5 dark orbs. He does bring high atk and two OE's, which is nice.

As for Okuni, I was planning to run D/D, and inheriting awoken on top of him.

I am still not convinced that god killers are a bad thing. I have done some numbers, and with a single combo of 3 dark orbs that are enhanced, my D/L Castor would hit for 128k (to light half of sopdet), and the team would total for about 440k dmg. There's some room for a few more off colour combos. With a delay, it should be pretty safe to chip down Sopdet.

But yes, in the end if the god killers seem problematic, I may drop out DR haku and DL Castor for AHaku and maybe Revo Hades (or switch to other castor).

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Marr and RageSedai like this.
  10. Joshwa

Joshwa +297

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Honestly I'm in a flux over how I would run YomiDra.

My main concern is the team total HP. The highest HP Dark God cards that would be used are YomiDra herself (so maybe two?), DD Okuni, and Reincarnated Anubis.

I want to go by the classic team combo of Haku/Akechi but feel that's not going to happen unless Revo Haku comes out with amazing HP stat boosts and goes D/D (changing her water enhance to dark).

I don't feel Okuni warrants a team slot (definitely inheriting though) and Anubis is a strange addition admittedly although it makes sense despite his lack of offensive awakenings.

11. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I get the desire to not run Okuni, but he really is a decent body on the team. Great hp, two dark OE, dragon killer and a finger. If you use the 15% hp badge, you can hit some decent numbers. My team template with DL castor / DD okuni / HIza / DR haku hits 34.5k HP with the badge. Not horrible.

Also, once we get the update that brings assist color stats, the hp numbers should get to a more comfortable level.

12. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Also, if we can guarantee that we are getting the Radar Dragon guerillas, then I could justify buying a 2nd Yomidra instead of a puppeteer (to cheese A3 to get said radar dragons). But ugh to getting the mats for 2 yomidra uvos.

13. Marr

Marr Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Any thoughts on Nephthys as a sub? Lots of OE's and the same 1.5 dmg boost as Oku.

14. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Her HP is abysmal, just like Castor's. I would only run her if you have other good, higher-HP subs and lacking another OE stacked card like Escha / Christmas Haku / Halloween Iza etc. Her active is better for the OE than the boost in my opinion. It's a decent assist skill if you dont have Akechi. If you do have Akechi, I wouldn't run Neph.

Marr and wangatang0830 like this.
  15. wangatang0830

Good point.

Although I think Hades' biggest competition is Heradra. They both have gravity but Hades' is 25% whereas Heradra does 30% and generate 4 dark & heal orbs. Heradra is better as a one skill Kali solution as Hades would need another orb generator. Also Heradra has ~1400 HP extra HP over Hades.

Joshwa, Marr and RageSedai like this.
  16. Marr

Marr Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I suppose one could wish for a next round of UEvo's, but that would be just as likely to strip the dark OE's. Maybe a Yama P lotto buff is the best bet here. But is the lower HP really going to restrict the team that much? Does it make Arena 1 success less reliable if the HP is below a certain threshold or something?

I have one Escha and D/L Akechi - sadly no Christmas Haku (I couldn't justify rolling for her given that I'm non/low-IAP and I already have a regular Haku). Is Persephone out for Yomi Dragon this time around? I also have a lot of damage boost options to run directly or as an inherit: Nephthys, Oku, Loki, Durga. Goetia, and Vajrabhairava.

17. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ideally, you would like to have 34k+ hp, whether thats naturally through a leader skill, or in Yomidra's case, a mix of 15% HP badge and enough dark resists to cover the difference for DQ Hera. For example, my template team has just over 30k hp hypered. with the hp badge I am sitting at 34.5k hp. That is enough to tank most things in arena that you need to worry about. I also need 12 Dark Resist latents to cover the difference for DQ Hera spawn.

Do you have any haku? It looks like your core team would have escha, akechi, dd okuni, flex. Haku is ideal to pair with akechi active. I dont have an akechi, so I am using a satsuki inherit to set up the kali board.

Marr likes this.
  18. Marr

Marr Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ah I see, DQ Hera's infamous preemptive. It's what, 38k-ish?

Yes, I have a Haku who is currently D/R and in use on my Anaphon team (Haku can retire from Ana-Typhon once I acquire Yomi Dragon, freeing her up to be re-evo'd into Awoken form - if definitely preferable).

19. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

I've been playing with teams and running A1 wth UUVO Yomi Dragon to work on speed. What I'm currently liking is:
    Yomi dragon inheriting Akechi - pretty self explanatory
    Revo Anubis inheriting Akechi - stat stick, bind proof, 2 fingers
    D/B Halloween Karin inheriting Awoken Haku - board change for Beelzebub, can combo with an Akechi active with either skill, but Haku one is better for that, only two dark OEs less than Eschamali, blue and green OEs occasionally useful
    D/L Yomi inheriting Loki - any two turn enhance is fine. This is mainly for the light OE. Killing dark absorbs with light and blue 5 matched with this team saves me a lot of time stalling. The two fingers are also nice, and 2.5x or 2x enhance both guarantee the Kali one shot
    Eschamali inheriting Eschamali - I tried with two Eschamali both inheriting long cool down dark units for the stat boost. Managing Actives was always a pain. Dropping to one and inheriting herself made life easier.
    Friend Yomi dragon inheriting Akechi - 3 Akechi actives just make life easy for the team.

The off color OEs speed up zeal, shieldras, Zaerog, and make Kagutsuchi easy.

Marr likes this.
  20. Joshwa

Joshwa +297

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I believe Heras preemptive is 34,000 innArena 1. 38,000 in Arena 2 (literally X1.1). And Arena 3 is another ten percent higher.