Yu Nakamura vs. Yusuke

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Cheeseghost, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Screenshot_20180805-125039-02.jpeg
    This is I think 3 to 5 combos with vdp only light match was vdp I think...I'm not necessarily saying use him as a lead, but with 9 light orbs he's a monster...I'm gonna try again with a yog team
    With dual leads he hit 206k hp...his recovery is offset by his awakenings and vdp and balanced typing make him flexible...either way I feel like he is overlooked and wondered people who got him and didn't trade him thoughts

2. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Sorry for double post but I took yog into endless...if there's no need to 7c the vdp on nakamura is better so he is an easy lazy vdp and his active ensures activation..with yog it requires 12 orbs but other teams like on his own team or ameno you just need the 9 Screenshot_20180805-130404-01.jpeg

3. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I mean, of course when you don't 7c Yu is outdamaging Yusuke. If you know your VDP boards, you can pretty consistently 7c bicolors with a VDP, and then Yusuke is better in every situation.

4. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Half the time I'm VDP With Yusuke team, I'm also +2 from Hiko or Lightening, (or a selfcoop gratuitous +3 planar norn with a random VDP sub on Amen team), so I usually prefer the 7cc mega-damage approach.

I actually think the difference is 200k+ hp pad/stall, gives you the time to breezy setup a x5 wise dragon inherit, which though you can do it on Yusuke, is rarely done, making Nakamura + wise dragon possibly the more convenient approach 1 or 2 places. Idk. Yusuke team hp gets up there in self-coop, and has an easy time lobbing in extra VDP Ilmina, Lightening, etc, for an assured high damage VDP dogpile.

Yogg VDP I usually try Yogg / Urza.flex / Yusuke / Lightening / Hiko / Yogg and am reasonably willing to solve a natural, and use actives to kill three midfloor, with three left over for boss floor ohko, which is decent effort at pulling my weight for five sweeps, expecting teammates don't dump everything on me like peasants.

If there were an endfloor with multiple spinners with mandatory kill VDP, then I think Nakamura triumphs, as VDP 3-5 combo range can brute force plow though spinner grief and still do okayForce. Though we do have just a couple lock the board actives or CTW to dance around that troll with other teams.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  5. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Most people use a plus combo active for Yusuke to reliably hit VDP and 7c. So if you replace that plus combo active with a burst active than Yu does more. Yusuke has 7cs which have more overall use on other turns but for lazy Yog builds I prefer Yu.