Yu Yu Hakusho collab update, thoughts?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by kandjar, Mar 8, 2019.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Perso, I'm kind of disappointed overall; I guess it makes a bit of sense, but I was super excited at first to see Yuyu getting a UEVO!... And it looks very underwhelming to me....
    Compare to the non EVO form:
    - It doesn't fix the problem of 99% gravity followed by a additional strike (unless you're below 50% HP...)
    - No more RCV bufff... but bigger more HP... Kind of like: BJ, Sakura, etc.... nothing new or exciting....
    - Damage output is good... not fantastic, we have plenty of 256x leader. It definitively easier to activate with a 3x3 block.
    - But it's very orb hungry... so it's unlikely to activate full burst every turn.
    At the end of the day, it's a 'good' leader; but considering that Yu yu was the top of his class when he came out...
    And when the new evo comes out a year later and there will be debate to see which one of the two (new vs old) is better... it's kind of sad.

Hiei's new evo is clearly better than the old one... But his LS is also orb hungry considering that it's only 3x (or 9x w/ dual Hiei) if only 1 set of dark orb is match... His active however is very nice to help with his LS.

Shinobu Sensui seems to be a decent 7x6 leader.. Sadly, today's meta makes it hard to play with them against end game content as their damage output remains very underwhelming...

The one good surprise for me was Raizen, I pulled him last time the collab was around, and not seeing him getting a uevo was a bit of a bummer at first, that said, I think he got a very decent buff: getting a 50% shield when matching 5 light orbs is quite impressive:
    - Sure it does have a drawback when it comes to stalling... as you have to match light 5 orbs to get the shield BUT:
    - 75% against all the game preemptive is VERY relevant in today's meta (Yeah I'm LOOKING at you MGoemon on Alt Arena2 and his 162.5K preempt)
    - 81x damage when above 50%, and 324x below 50%
    - His active skill can both trigger his full multiplier and his short enough to easily overload another one on top of it.
    Overall, I'm more looking forward to try him as a new lead than the other 6*.
    He does seems fun to play.

2. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Mukuro w/ 2x Kuroyuri seems broken AF to me. So good he could be in a tier on his own imo. 96% shield....INSANE. Kuroyuri is even on color.

You could probably go with Mukuro and friend a high multiplier leader without defense and pew pew stuff with an 80% shield.

ko300zx likes this.
  3. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    How would resists stack with shields? Something I never pay attention to. Can't we just feed all these double resist latents, that are rotting, to a team and be pretty much invincible? Maybe add an auto heal inherit somewhere.

4. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Hmm....great thinking. I'm not strong in the cheese, so I dont know how they work with each other.

ko300zx likes this.
  5. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    It is not surprising that they didn't make Yusuke SSSSS tier again since literally everyone that could trade for him did. He was the first broken card people could trade for and people DID.

No money for GH there. Hopefully they brought enough new players since the last run of MH that it will still be a lucrative collab for them and we can get some new shiny toys there. Even for vets, pretty hard to roll enough of everything in there, so many good and/or niche things. I hope for some new OP stuff there where I could trade my bajillion dupes of Madoo and Ciel :)

6. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    You summed it up nicely, it's a boring revamp of the collab.
    Demon Yusuke is basically what a "balanced" D. meta would look like, easy to activate but orb hungry and with combo weakness, shield is only for safety and not for stomping content and offers a risk/reward for hp management.
    We were lucky that base yusuke got a nice set of limit break awokens.
    It's kinda interesting (but predictable) that they removed 7c from the chase cards for other awakening, still it kinda means they're going to dance around dmeta for another full year before changing the meta or powercreep it yet again.

7. ko300zx

User ID:
    What's boring about it? The new evo (and Yomi) is a new, unique playstyle, or at least one I don't recall being relevant in the past few years (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Entirely different than how Dmeta would be played. We have a 96% shield lead with a solid multiplier for that kind of ridiculous defense. Again, not something we've had other than single color cheese nonsense that isn't usable in real content. More interesting actives to piggyback on Street Fighter.

I don't see anything boring about it unless Yusuke not being broken again means boring.

BurningMan likes this.
  8. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    But his shield only work at 100% HP, so multi preempt hit would take you down; also, Kuroyuri heals after the hit, meaning you will only do 4x (16x with both lead).
    He's good for sure, but not broken insane.

chiubag likes this.
  9. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    They work independently.
    As in: if you get 96% shield from the LS and 50% from resist, you'll be taking 2% damage.
    In other words: 96% will reduce the damage taken to 4%, and you'll only get half of that from the resist skills.

ko300zx likes this.
  10. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Uhhh Sensui’s eve is exactly the 7x6 lead evo Akuma needed. 1/236/1 with effect 2.66 multiplier from shields. VDP, FUA, Damage Absorb, Ribbon all inherent from leaders the option of big damage from one or both leads through SA.

Mukuro and Kuroyuri system seems just broken. All the benefits from cheese in a big damage package. Hell, add Hiei as the co-lead and the damage gets even more ridiculous.

11. ko300zx

User ID:
    Hmm, so wouldn't be able to resist everything anyways. Would work like Verse then (was just chatting with someone about it). Using Kuro, you could technically stall forever, but would have to wait until you didn't get attacked, or have a heal active as well, in order to actually deal damage. Doable but slow. Good for annoying challenges probably!

12. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can see that.

However, I still disagree with the "broken" part.
    There are more and more preempt strikes or "kill shot" attacks which do multiple hits; in which case, the shield would only protect the first one and you'll end up dying.

13. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Correct; and also you need to make sure the floor isn't on a timer before kill.

The thing is: GH already had to solve this issue back then when people were running Odin / Ama + gravity.
    So don't believe in the broken part, it does look insane on paper at first, but it's very limited.

Few examples:
    - Multiple monsters floor attacking simultaneously, you only reduce the damage for the first monster and take full damage of the other ones.
    - Alt. Arena: Metatron floor, you would be able to take the full HP attack, but if you bring her below 10% you'll still die.
    - Alt. Arena against light kali, above 65% HP, you would get hit for: 221,055 instead of 263,160.

14. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Mukuro is a fun twist on old-school Grodin teams. But those teams went out of favor because of multi-hits, not because they lacked 16x attack. Still can probably cheese some dungeons. (Okay @kandjar already said that.)

Agreed on why they didn't give Yusuke an awesome new evo--everyone already chased after/traded for him last time. But original Yusuke's SAs are great, if he can find a team to use them.

15. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can see why they didnt make him a SSS-Rank leader again, especially since a lot of player traded for him already.
    Also because it's a 5 stones collab, and they are more incline to provide stronger REMP on 6 and 10 stones collabs.
    I still find his new evo lackluster. I kind of wish they did a weapon assist instead.

16. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Huh, apparently the new 6-star Yomi has made its way up to S-rank on game8’s tier list. I dunno why. Certainly 15x attack for a 10-combo is terrible.

17. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

On the game8 page translated it recommends pairing with a 7x6 lead? I guess we'll have to see for ourselves when it gets here

18. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Its 11x at 8 combos which you get on most boards coupled with extreme tankiness and a versatile sub pool its pretty much a better version of BJ