Yusuke worth the exchange?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by ViewtifulGene, May 14, 2018.

1. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Quick context: All I give a fuck about is finishing fucking Alt Arena once, while minimizing further pain and mental trauma. With the team of Gronia/2 Rags/Nees/Odindrag, I have gotten to Metatron or Kali several times, but never in condition to seal the deal.

I can get Yusuke from the Exchange if I sacrifice my only Ryune, Baldin, Aten, and Blodin. There are other units on the exchange I could use, but those 4 are the ones I could probably part with most easily.

My light box is pretty big with 2 Yunas, 3 Paimon, Roots, LHeradrag, etc. Would Yusuke be an improvement for me in AA, or should I save my cards and continue killing myself for one run with Gronia?

2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If it's just to clear AA once, you should probably just do it with Gronia team, but it's not like Yusuke isn't top tier lead anyways. Just comes down to how valuable those (4) trades will be.

3. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm in the same struggle. I have dupes on his list... however, I am hard pressed to part with them. If Yusuke had the same list as Raizen, I would be golden!

4. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Trading post is going to lead to a lot of regret for many people.

I don't see it being all that much easier for you going from Gronia to Yusuke. Gronia is a pretty safe team. Slow, but safe. If you only care about the now, go for it. I don't think it's worth it personally if you only have one of each of those. You never know what's going to happen down the road.

I'm on the fence personally with 2 diamonds from this collab, and a dupe of both Roots and Ryune to possibly trade. On one hand I have Diablos and can clear anything with that team so it's not necessary. On the other hand, I'm tired of 7x6 and it would be nice to have a relevant top tier lead on it's release. I haven't had that since Aizen. I get everything a day late. On my third hand (yep I have 3), if we get Zapan, I have a great team for him, and Trailo is around the corner too. I should just let it go and start saving for whatever disappointment lies ahead but we'll see.

TLDR: I don't think it's worth it, but fuck it, if you want one, get one. Might come back to haunt you later though.

5. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I ended up pulling the trigger. YYH was my favorite show on Toonami anyway.

I fed off Escha, Ryune, Aten, and Blodin. Decided to keep Baldin because he at least is good as a Rikuu inherit.

ko300zx likes this.
  6. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Seems reasonable.
    I can confirm with a decently full box that I never use Aten or Blodin, despite looking hard at ways to get lulzy with Aten, and rarely use Ryune in favor of other FUAs. I don't have Escha, but her leads / playstyles are fairly deep out of the meta, and most of her kind of active on several different cards I find I only ever pull in as an optional/casual inherit, not a base card.

I'm going ahead and hardcore sacrificing 4 singletons on my alt for it, since Alt has always been hardcore about killing its darlings and going lean, just so I can conveniently run self-coop, even though my Alt already, despite a relatively shallow box, has Yogg, Kami, Enra, and Amen. The ability to void box cosmic trinity in sub mode, and self-coop conveniently a few hard things in lead mode makes it seem justified to me.

Main, I'm getting it for the mentioned self-coop, and then Fujin when that's here for a second anti-void. Deeper box main can afford that off dupes before having to make any painful decisions.

I'm unimpressed with the next few trading collabs like Persona, as I don't want or need attribute absorb, I don't think crows is ever coming to NA because licensing/etc, and I'm just subjectively not interested in the uncertain chance the blue radar guy Zapan ever shows up in trading post (vs being in a hard dungeon like several other radar cards), as he is basically a lazy Fio copy with a mildly better dmg multipler and a garbage fire lack of any skill boosts that looks actually awkward for hard content, although mostly I expect to be thoroughly fatigued of the L playstyle by the time he hypothetically shows up.

Yusuke seems the best thing by trading post for the next 4-5 iterations, presuming getting one hands on a first copy of a Fujin effect isn't a highest priority for someone, though with that effect gradually on 6+ cards, granting several are PEM rares, enough depth on that effect will gradually find its way into boxes.

Happy puzzling.
    Seems like a good decision.

Have you ever climbed the mountain?
    Have you ever crossed the sea?
    Take a look around the corner
    And listen to your heartbeat
    Have you ever touched the rainbow
    Take a ride in the ferris wheel
    It takes one step to start a journey
    It's up to you, to make it real
    This is the time for yourself to be free
    You gotta follow your heart
    This is the time in your life and it's never too late
    To see the light in the dark
    You gotta follow your heart...

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  7. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Active Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    hmm I have a blodin which I just got. While they
    (rodin/blodin) aren't even close to meta now because they suck and seeing as they are 50k monsters they should be due for an upgrade. I really don't want to give a blodin away only for them to be the next meta thing like gronia and blonia.

mtb911 and Vaedriel like this.
  8. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am reluctant to trade off my #2 Blodins, because they are useful for SIs in certain dungeons.

9. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I ended up trading: my 3rd red odin, my 2nd blue odin, and my 2nd, and 3rd DMeta of him.
    I hope it won't bite back :) That said, it's pretty fun to clear "hard" context with him.

20matar and Vaedriel like this.
  10. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can always roll more GFEs later on... so I said F it and traded my #2s. Now to lvl and evo this guy x 2.

11. 20matar

20matar main:ghost@PF alt:firefly@PF

User ID:
    20matar
    That's what I think... and is just MY opinion OK?:finger:
    But make senses I think...

If you have cash to buy packs, roll 6* from this collab and exchange for Yusuke, then fine. Now... nuke your box is kinda bad choice unless you have a lot of 6* gfe dupes.
    Why?
    because Is kinda soon...

Is just the first time exchange come around.

Yusuke is top tie? sure he is, but not kinda game break or life changing like fujin was a while ago...
    Yusuke will make your life easier, speeding up your tasks, but imagine if in a few months something really crazy come around?
    What you gonna do? Nuke the rest of what you have?

I live in Japan... Yama P. was on the game channel last Friday... and he stated that... Something "yabai" will come around this year.
    I saw this before, lot of traps, pp expending MP on the dragons after the new "super evo" announcement...:facepalm:

Then Dathena was released.:joyful:
    Lot of people nuked the boxes for her.

anyway,just my opinion... don't sell your gfe's unless you have more 2 of them, or if you don't care, or you really want yusuke right now.

Vaedriel likes this.
  12. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Blodin lost a lot of his luster when Whaledor came, IMO.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  13. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Aten is a pretty awesome inherit on an amen team tbh...makes the board a joke, someone else pointed that out to me, can't remember who, but otherwise I don't see the point of having him....also I'm sure gungho master plan is to release a hoarde of 6 star gfe awoken evos that kick ass on a new power creep level, and make everyone go ughhh I should have known
    I like blodin for kiri better bc rows and unbindable for damage...but whaledor is the bees knees

Vaedriel likes this.
  14. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Lol.
    Legit fair fight Kiri.

I want to like Aten so much, it's just, I'm almost never running him when I can run almost as wide spectrum Leona with super useful x3 boost plus anti-void active. Poor guy got his role scooped from underneath him when he was busy tripping out on the cosmos...

When it's particulars, he keeps getting edged by x9 godkiller viz,or the new light x9 devils x9 gods girl, or tachibana x2 7cc / Astrea X3 7cc.

Aten needs a dungeon where the boss is a couple billion hp, and five+ simultaneous monster types.

15. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Both are good SI holders in the right dungeons. Good to have both.

16. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Active Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    Yea I'm going to keep blodin for now. this happened last time when I sold fenrir for Dath. He got 2 awesome evos and also it was when I was new and didn't know his skill wiped poison and jammer skyfall. blodin and rodin haven't caught up on power creep yet. I will hold onto him and assume he will get some kind of power creep evo soon befitting a 50k mp monster

Vaedriel likes this.
  17. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    As a farmable, I don't see why Zapan would ever end up in the trading post. He's certainly something everyone should consider though. If you have strong subs, it is yet another team that can clear everything in pad fairly easily, and it won't cost you any GFEs or a million stones. He's one of the biggest reasons I'm still holding out on trading for Yusuke.

18. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What is the recommended inherit loadout for Yusuke in AA?

I am running Paimon/Paimon/Odindrag/Yuna as subs. I can get to F16 in my sleep, barring absorbs or a badly-timed Goemon. But Hashihime still no-sells everything I do, and I tend to skyfall into Camael's rage nuke.

Current inherits are:
    -Buffer on Yusuke. His base active is too good.
    -Chocolate box on Paimon 1
    -RQiaos on Paimon 2
    -Nyarlathotep buffer on OdinDrag
    -Vanilla Indra on Yuna
    -Rathian buffer on friend Yusuke.

Do I need an enhance or a longer delay? If so, what active slot should be dropped?

19. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Here's what I run, Yusuke^Raithian/Yuna^Base Indra/Odin Dra^Fujin/B.Cotton^Ivory Ice equip/Viz^Sheen
    I had Ameno on Cotton to change her to light and have the nice active, but found healing wasn't fantastic after eating 99% gravities, now with the Ivory Ice equip on Cotton healing is fantastic AND she hits like a truck anyways, equal amount of orbs she hits almost for the same damage as Yusuke.

The one last tweak I may make is to put Tachi on Yuna simply because another activatable board would be nice to have and most stuff dies to activatable boards. Sheen is there for the two turns of burst.