Zaerog vs. Fagan

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Cheeseghost, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I'm surprised nobody has posted about this..I saw the article on Reni's site and mantastic's post and I'm still torn on which to get...fagan with his transformation mechanic just seems super cool..I also own 2 valeria to get him up fast solo...I dont coop so that is where he loses some merit for me...zaerog base is awesome for any under 50 percent team, especially omega and rehven and with it available every turn you can also heal back every turn, also his double tpa equip is cool although I think I'd stick with idea 1...I'm gonna hold off til I pull more in case I get one or the other...but I'm leaning toward zaerog...being able to sit at over 100k hp and heal back every turn and do insane damage seems good, stalling isnt my playstyle...anyway thoughts, comments?

2. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been wondering about this as well. I'm leaning toward Zaerog because I rarely do co-op, and when I do, it's usually 3P.

I've looked but I haven't been able to find a list of low-HP leaders. @Cheeseghost mentioned Omega and Rehven, and I've also seen Orphen from the Fujimi (?) collab coming up soon, but are there any others that would fall into this category?

Cheeseghost likes this.
  3. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Screenshot_20191203-203339_Chrome-02.jpeg Screenshot_20191203-203345_Chrome-01.jpeg
    according to a quick search on ilmina...but some of them arent hp conditional

kaylathehedgehog likes this.
  4. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

Something is weird about that list, yog sucks below 80% hp...

kandjar and Cheeseghost like this.
  5. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I just added any stipulation below 80 percent so every leader with that in its clause showed up lol... Screenshot_20191203-221522_PAD-01.jpeg Screenshot_20191203-221113_PAD-01.jpeg Screenshot_20191203-221300_PAD-01.jpeg sooo with one red match my lead does 17 million and with a vdp and a few matches I think 5 he does 260 million...I do have sagat equip...and vdp sa...realistically I dont need suou just 3 sb puts kuro up turn 1...zaerog contributes nothing but his active..and sb sa...the team has full resist..and 11 seconds of move time with zaerog...I think Anna kyoyama will replace suou for awoken bind clear...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  6. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

While I have rheven and domega, I'm likely going to pick fagan. It's a brand new mechanic and I'd like to play around with it. I have the 1-turn equip that halves hp and I've been putting it on tardis etc and it works just fine, of course z core is better but still...

7. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was personally leaning toward Rai as I really love the orb skin :p (I know... I'm a lost cause)
    Also as I too have two Valeria; that said considering how indecisive I am about this type of stuff (i.e: I still have last year's medal) I was not expected to try in soon; I just got really lucky in the GF and pulled him :D
    Since I found him a tight underwhelming.

Don't get me wrong, he's really strong; it's just that:
    - making a team for him has been quite challenging
    - compare to other top tier leader, he pale a bit.

The problem I'm facing (yet I may be going the wrong direction) is: you have to build a full dragon team (ideally) while also covering all 5 colors in order to be able to trigger his FUA. If you're playing solo, well, running 2 Valeria only cover 2 colors, and you only have 2 slots to cover them. (Super reincarnated Orochi seems like good options; I admit, I haven't evolved him yet.). If you don't bring Orochi, you'll have to find a way to bring a FUA sub, I ran AA to try him out; it went really smoothly, however, I rarely had all 5 colors when needed to take care of resolve spawns, and when you get close to the end of an arena, stalling is less and less an option.
    Final problem I face while making his team: the team is so restrictive, that you don't have much choices for the actives... and you still need (for end-game content) to cover the poison/blind resists, possibly cloud/tape resist. It's true that you don't often need an active, but it's a problem if you don't have good one when you need one.

In comparison, I really love the pairing Haohmaru/Tifa, his follow up attack is very consistent. I can literally ignore having FUA on my team, and his sub pool seem also wider.

On the positive notes: the transform mechanics is pretty fun; but be aware that after transforming both leader, your HP will be a 1/4 of the original HP; yeah I know it makes sense, but I'm saying that just in case you plan on using him to face a F2 Goemon Preempt, just be ready for it :D

I still would be leaning toward him also as a potential sub, his transform active remains a rare occurrence, and can be useful.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  8. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Active Member

User ID:
    Which equip is that? I run coop a lot w my Alt but I'm leaving towards Z core right now for his one turn half hp. Always had trouble keeping hp low so this solves any concern and will keep me entertained with a new play style.

9. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    It's the neo geo samurai showdown rom cartridge it halves hp and locks all orbs on a 1 turn cd...I like that zaerog gives you 3 seconds of move time too which is great for time debuffs

10. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

I'm not very familiar with the end game content (only cleared up to A4, none of the AAs, etc)... but I just took Fagan in co-op with my alt in A3, and it was a smooth ride. I think I'd have to watch out for equip skill activation if I have to stall early, but that can be handled with some different team-building... also don't have enough awoken skill bind clearers in the team I took, but same.

11. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    When we get rikuu buffs (5 sb) it will help quite a bit. Rikuu is awesome with 3 hazard resists and 5 sb with double color coverage. The active also procs fua.

With that said Fagan is still really hard to make a solo team because of the restrictions you mentioned. It's a lot easier in coop because SB isn't as restrictive.

12. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh wow, I didn't see that one.

Still his stats are abysmally low; so in solo, I would considering running Mega Awoken Kali instead.
    She may not be dragon, but she has way better stats than Rikuu, brings 4 SBs (w/ SA) and her active is amazingly useful for Rai while also covering 2 colors not covered by Valeria.
    (EDIT: yeah i know I'm comparing a 6* 7* GFE to a dungeon drop/reward, that's how picky Rai is with his subs :p)

13. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    You realize than the leader skill make it so that rikuu hp is 4x, atk is 20x and rcv is 4x right?
    Rikuu is really good for Rai.
    I'm leaning towards Fagan for the pretty orb skin, novelty factor, the fact i already have Zinogre and the not trivial factor that i absolutely loathe HP conditional clauses.
    I' m probably going to wait trading for the medals in the near future just in case i end up rolling one .

kandjar likes this.
  14. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    :D Indeed; I thought he was suggested as sub :D