Zela Kitty team planning

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by MisterDrgn, Jun 7, 2019.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    So I'm pretty much sure I'm gonna trade for a Zela Kitty. She's a cool lead, and she won't cost me too much 'cuz I have 5 fujins. The bigger question is whether to trade for a second Yoh, which would be a bit costly. The team I'm imagining is:

Kitty/Zela/Zela/Cotton/Fujin

I prefer maximizing convenience to maximize damage, so I want as much resistance as possible, and I'd also like plenty of TE 'cuz I'm bad at this game. So, cloud resist on Kitty and ribbon resist on Cotton. Potentially, the assists could be something like four Yohs and Trojan Horses, on everything but Fujin. That way, with the right partner I get 100% resistance to everything.

I have one Yoh, who'd get inherited on a Zela. I could trade for a second Yoh, or I could get a bunch of Trojan Horses. The second Yoh would boost my damage off 9-green/9-heart bicolor boards, but that's about it, so maybe just getting Trojan Horses is fine. I could also get just one Trojan Horse and inherit a couple monster hunter assists, but that wouldn't give me full resist to everything...

EDIT: Possible trading materials (stuff I would consider trading from)...
    Hello Kitty:
    * Fujin (have five)
    * Sylvie (have two)
    * Typhon (have two)
    * Dantelion (just have one, but the mega evo is uninspiring)
    * Raijin (just have one, but meh)
    Best Trade: Fujin x 4, Sylvie?

Yoh:
    * Iron Maiden, Jeanne (have two, don't want them)
    * Eschamali (have three)
    * Sylvie (have two)
    * Aten (have two)
    * Typhon (have two)
    * Dantelion (just have the one)
    Best Trade: Jeanne x 2, Eschamali, Aten, Dantelion? Yeah, likely not worth it...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I think extra Yoh's are just icing on the cake for those who have already whaled them. I don't see much reason to go crazy investing in them. A 7c Zela VDP board is hundreds of millions of damage and nearly the entire team has VDP access. If you take a look at this vid, the first 3 cards on the final floor do close to 400mil before any killers. Factor in the partner lead with a Yoh inherit, that's nearly 650 million before any killers. Damage is in the billions after those and all of it is penetrating the damage void. Don't think anything in AA2 can survive that either, killers or no killers. The Hera floor is probably more along the lines of average VDP damage if you want to take a look at that too. Yours may be a bit lower if you put resist supers on a few cards but it still seems plenty to me. Trading for more Yohs just seems to be overkill damage. I would take a look around Youtube for some more ideas of how the team performs without the Yoh whaling. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Edit: Brachy also covers some of the resists to free up a different inherit slot.

Edit edit: Seeing how perfect Raizer is for A5 farming rustles my jimmies. Silly REM.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  3. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Put this one in a different thread. Thought I'd repost here in case you miss it. May be of help to you on deciding between your Trojans and a Yoh. 3 Trojans, Mut, and a Fujin. Yoh on on the partner.

4. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

If I only have 1 Zela and no Yoh, is kitty still worth getting?

What do I run as subs?

5. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Cotton, Srevo Bastet, Gronia, Genbu.

6. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Active Member

User ID:
    I have all of the above... how would you rate them from best to worst for a general purpose team (ie entering dungeon blind)? I still have my Spring Fest Medal as well so can trade for Rex for a low CD base.

7. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Keep in mind part of your team building is now influenced by the ability to inherit resist awakening.
    But in general Cotton is the best making hearts,being unbindable with 7c.
    Then Gronia with the upcoming buff will be a triple 7c unbindable sub with orb unlock active.
    Lastly Bastet and Srevo Meimei, their main con being bindable (you can fix it with SA or an equip).
    I think the best budget team should try to mimic the best features of the whale one.
    Two high damage 7c subs, unbindable fua (and possibly a sfua equip somewhere to have more versatility).
    Last slot is usually dungeon dependant but you can't really go wrong with Odin Dragon or even Eir.
    Personally i i even prepared a droiddragon and a king brachys just in case i want the resist on the team while freeing slots for inherited actives.