Zeus Giga teams for Training Arena 2?

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Tek7, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Through (much) trial and error, I've more or less perfected my Giga Training Arena farming teams. 6 million monster XP in under 5 minutes, woo woo!

But now I'm looking at Training Arena 2 and wondering if Giga is up to the task of clearing TA2.

I have a fairly wide array of light subs and I don't mind throwing MP at Xiu Min if necessary (because what else am I going to do with MP in 2019).

I may have some other leads capable of clearing TA2, but I don't have Veroah and I don't want to run Amen or Paimon (who would both be stressful, though for different reasons). I don't have Amen yet, but I definitely have enough MP for him.

I guess I could resort to Kiri cheese for a first time clear, but I'd rather avoid that if I could.

Any suggestions?

2. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

Do you have Veroah? Well Veroah and Hera Luna or Saber Alter can farm with a sub slot for leveling.

3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nope. No Veroah. :(

I have Luna on my alt, but did you mean running Luna as a sub on Veroah? I wouldn't think Luna's LS would even come close to doing enough damage to run TA2.

I have Saber on my alt, but I run her as a sub on my Skuld teams, so I'm not willing to switch her to SAlter just yet.

4. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

Yah for Veroah to work you use Satan or Blue sword to tank your RCV then Hera Luna or Saber alter (they have 3x-50%enhances) plus healer killers to wipe all the floors. It works great but you have to have Veroah. Too bad you don't have her but if you ever pull her you should be set.

5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I'm missing subs and assists from all the videos linked above, but I do have a healer killer sub that I haven't see anyone mention yet:

Erika.

My Erika has the healer killer SA, 3 healer killer latents, and I can throw on a healer killer equip assist.

If Erika's CD is too long to assist over, I also have Lilikin, Reynn & Lann from the FF collab.

I can evolve my Saline to her evo form (though I hesitate to do so because I only have one and Ganesha only gives 1.5x rank EXP compared to Saline's 1.8x), roll for the balanced killer SA, and tack on a balanced killer equip assist.

I can also run Ciel with dragon killer SA, dragon killer latents, and, thanks to some good fortune on the REM, the dragon killer equip assist.

Erika will smash healers, Ciel will slay dragons, and Saline with attacker and devil killers will take care of F9.

One Zeus Giga is set up for killing awoken materials while the other is set up for killing evo materials.

I could tack on a defense void assist somewhere for Genie.

Xin Hua on F7 could be sticking point, though. She has 700 million HP and Saline with a balanced killer equip assist may not be sufficient to OHKO her.

Devils on F9 shouldn't be a problem, but I have an attacker killer equip assist just in case.

So what do you all think?

Could this team work with the right latents, SAs, and assists?

Giga / Erika / Saline / Ciel / flex + Giga

EDIT: I do have GH collab Artemis--

--but I don't have Lotta, so I can't run some of the teams I've seen. I'll need to improvise!

EDIT#2: I also have LVajra for burst. I feel like I'm so close to assembling a Giga team that will clear TA2! I'm hoping I can make the final adjustments and tackle TA2 soon...

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, I may be able to put together a variation on this team.

It would look like:

Giga ! Samurai Zaerog equip / Xiu Min ! healer killer equip / Orpharion ! defense void / Saline ! Brachydios equip / flex ! Unnamed Blade equip + Superman ! R.Apollo equip

If that doesn't work, maybe a variation on this would?

Skip to 7:44 for the Zeus Giga x Superman TA2 run.

EDIT: In other news, I bought Xiu Min. Still have 3.39 million MP left (after previously purchasing OdinDra, RagDra, and a Kuroloop).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  8. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    LVaj should go on the levelling card. If you have Brachydios that actually gives you a lot more firepower since Saline will have 80%+ and all the OEs. I don't have him and I tried a Kirin equip but wasn't killing Xin Hua without skyfall. I eventually settled on a Harykuru equip but will eventually put a CIEL equip on her to make the devils easier as well.

I didn't have Xiu Min either and was trying the build with Liliken, Reynne & Lann, but I think the lack of rows actually makes a difference. I think the build only really works because of the number of rows AND OE that's available. But it seems the extra balance killer on Saline makes up for the missing OE and 80%+. Ended up buying a Xiu Min too.

Tek7 likes this.
  9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't have the no skyfall badge, but I was able to use this video as a guide to make it to the final floor of TA2 with a similar team:

Unfortunately, I had to burn a full light board active on the latents floor, so I only had Superman's active for the boss. I knocked him down to ~10% HP, but I couldn't finish him in one hit and he OHKO'd me.

Then I go to retry the dungeon and I don't have any other Superman friend leads with devil killer SA.

I don't know if I've ever hated PAD's Friend system as much as I hate it now.

10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I DID IT

I CLEARED TRAINING ARENA 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/cheer

Now I just need to Best Friend someone with a Superman lead after the next BF reset.

Bolts likes this.
  11. chiubag

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice, hopefully the team will be consistent for you. It would definitely help for you to get Kuwabara or that other card I forget from another collab, so you have DEF void + light orb generation for F3.

And now you have to run at least until you get Fama :D

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What's especially cruel is that I have Kuwabara--

--on my alt, but not on my main.

The other best option is Hakuren from Shinrabansho:

Maybe I'll pull her while chasing Kanan (for my Lightning and Yuna teams) when NA gets the final run of Shinrabansho? I hope?

And I can almost make the same team on my alt, but I don't have Brachydios. Meanwhile, I have 2 Brachydios on my main (which is good because I can run one as a sub for my Viz team).

Maybe after I Best Friend someone with a Superman lead. I had to log out and back in way, way too many times to get a Superman to show up on my friends list.

I had forgotten how terrible the Friends system is because I have 2 Giga each on both my NA accounts, so I just pair with my own lead (which are specifically set up for TA1).

But now I remember. PAD's Friend system is truly, truly awful.

13. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not really. It's just PAD NA players who are in blame. You won't find much trouble finding such a lead (or any other unusual lead) if you're playing PAD JP. You could also message someone on chat board such as Discord or something and ask if anybody on your friend list has lead that you wanted.

14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I did that and was able to find a few players who have a level 110 Superman with a devil killer SA, devil killer latents, and an appropriate assist (either Awoken/Revo Apollo or a defense void + light orb maker active), but one failed run and I have to either bother that player to re-log or find someone else running that rare lead (and that rare lead built specifically for TA2). The Best Friend feature helps players wanting to pair with rare leads, but resets are few and far between.

I agree that a larger player base in NA would help alleviate these issues, but I still maintain that PAD's Friend system is in need of an overhaul.

15. chiubag

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Do you have Harykuru or CIEL equip instead? I've also seen people use the Helen card on Saline for the 80%+ boost but haven't tried it myself.

16. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have the Hakuryu and Helen equip assists on my alt, but not a Ciel equip. (I only have one Ciel and she's one of my favorite subs as well as a fantastic lead for S-ranking dungeons, so I couldn't bear to give her up!)